The GT Guys in Los Angeles, Sept. 18-20

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Hello All,

I wanted to let everyone (and particularly Southern California Residents) know that I'm working with another Ford GT owner to organize a "GT Guys in Los Angeles" tour in mid September. :cheers

We've spoken to Rich and Dennis and they can make the trip out on September 17th to start work on the 18th and stay through that weekend (maybe longer if the demand is there). We have three GTs already signed up for basic maintenance work, so figure Friday the 18th is already taken -- though they've been known to burn the midnight oil...

We did the same thing about 15 months ago, with The GT Guys working on my car and Bryan's car at Bryan's house. They also did some work on a GT out of San Diego and at least one more I'm forgetting. Of course all work was a first-class experience, but if you know The GT Guys I don't have to mention that. :thumbsup

If any of you SoCalers want to take advantage of The GT Guys' expertise and precision in working on your gals you should contact the host of this tour and schedule tool time. The base of operations will be near Sunset and the 405, with plenty of space to perform the work (and cool drinks and shade to enjoy while you wait). There's also a trusted, enclosed car transporter available for those that could use the service, and a capable car detailer who makes house calls, both of which have personally been utilized by the host GT'er.

Don't forget this is only a few weeks before Rally IV. If you are in the SoCal area and considering driving (or transporting) you GT to Austin this would be a great opportunity to put in some fresh oil, brake fluid, coolant, or a whipple for that Texas Mile!

Obviously you'll have to work out specific tasks and pricing with The GT Guys, but if you are interested in being a part of the fun on the weekend of September 18-20 contact Bryan Axelrood to grab a time slot and/or contact the GT Guys. Don't contact me, I'm just the messenger.

Bryan's phone number is 310-785-1001. His email is: bryan.axelrood@att.net

I can't promise "GT Joey" levels of fun and frolic, but we'll try to represent the West Coast as best we can. :biggrin

Last edited:

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
ENZO BTR,

I have a full shop with 12,000 pound capacity alignment rack, laser alignment system, two post lift, tire mounting, truing and balancing equipment. If that would help The GT Guys out I would be happy to make it all available to them up here in Santa Ynez, CA.

I also have a nice wine cellar for while we are waiting for our cars....

Richard Hille
The GT School

Last edited:

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Would the GT Guys be able to get to a dyno and do dyno tuned Gen III Whipple installs?

I may be able to rent a dyno at DC Performance for that and they are located off the Fwy 10 and Robertson.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Just a quick status update:

We have 6 Ford GTs confirmed for time with The GT Guys on the weekend of September 18th in West Los Angeles.

I'm totally guess-timating here, but that probably takes care of Friday and Saturday, leaving (possibly) some time on Sunday if anyone still wants to jump in and have Rich and Dennis give your gal a once-over.

If there's enough interest they might be able to stay through Monday or later, but that's ultimately their call so contact them directly, or give Bryan (our host) a shout to coordinate things.

Me? I'm just trying to decide if now is the time for a wheel/tire upgrade. Hearing good things about the newest Michelin Run-Flats... :eek

Last edited:

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
GT Guy trip

Thank you Karl and Bryan for having us back out to CA again. I have just sent emails and pm's to all that I know about. If you didn't get anything please contact me ASAP as we plan on shipping parts and tools late this week. We will be working out of Bryan's house again on Sept. 17-19.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Is it cool to just come by and hang even if i don't need any work done?

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
At Rich noted above, the GT Guys are preparing to be in Los Angeles in about a week and a half. We have five Ford GTs lined up for work, but there's probably room for one or two more if someone wants to benefit from this rare opportunity. You should contact the GT Guys directly to confirm availability and timing.

And yes, I think if someone wanted to come by to enjoy time with cool cars and great guys that would be alright, but anyone interested should contact Bryan directly (contact info above) to check the schedule for each day.

Should be a grand time! :cheers

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
You guys will be two blocks from my house, (in Brian's neightborhood), and I will be in Paris (france).

Would like to drop by, suppose to be home the AM of the 19th, maybe I'll come by.

LeonardK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 6, 2008
Had my 3 year service done by Rich and Dennis Friday. I can't say enough about their work. It was finished quickly and thoroughly with no issues. If these guys come to your area I would highly recommend using them. Far faster and cheaper than the dealer and no worries about damage to your car.

Aside from the great work they are really nice guys. I would also like to thank Brian for hosting this.

Leonard

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
CA trip

We just returned late last night from our most recent trip to CA. Thank you again to Bryan and Karl for hosting us and inviting us out there again. As always it is always a pleasure and honor to work on so many of the these fine automobiles that we all call The Ford GT. Thank you to all that came by as it was nice to see new faces and old. We do really enjoy the sunny weather in So Cal, I would say that we experienced more summer weather in the 4 days that we were there than what we have had here all calender summer in gloomy MI.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Did you miss them?

Gentlemen,

If you missed them in California, the GT Guys will be arriving in Scottsdale, AZ on Wednesday, October 7 and working until Saturday, October 10 just prior to the Scottsdale Rally to the Rally. Rich & Dennis will be working out of my home and Jason's Auto Spa will be available as well. The cocktails are always free here at the Teddy Roosevelt Bar and the women are textile free at the pool! They have a few time slots left for GT Forum members. PM me if you would like to set up some work.

Chip