The GT Guys and Torrie coming to Minneapolis

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Since we are getting closer and closer to our mid May arrival of the GT guys I'm hoping to get a head count of who is getting work done and who is just coming to experience the fun. Please feel invited to bring any friends or family who might be interested. Last year a few guys brought out some nice hardware and that would be fun to see again. I'm guessing Dennis and Rich will coordinate who gets what done and when. I'm just trying to wrap my head around who is coming. I will be working a light schedule likely am only each day so my plans were to have a cocktail and or snack or two available for those interested in the afternoon. If there is interest and the weather is good we can even grill a burger or two or jump down to Stillwater for a bite to eat. If you want to come and watch your car get done that's fine or drop if off and come back later is fine too. We are pretty flexible. As many of you already know I do have enough garage space if the weather is poor to protect your vehicle. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and I will also coordinate an email chain also.

Rob

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Count me in for the fun!

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Hi Rob

I am again in! I also appreciate you letting us use your place. It sounds like this year we won't be doing a dyno day like last year?

Also my bride wants to know what food / drinks / etc. we can bring to the event this year

Bill

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Hi Rob

I am again in! I also appreciate you letting us use your place. It sounds like this year we won't be doing a dyno day like last year?

Also my bride wants to know what food / drinks / etc. we can bring to the event this year

Bill

She can drive your car over for a whipple treatment! Looking forward to seeing you and hearing about that fighter jet.

Rob

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Who and how do I contact the right people about making the trip and having some work done? I'm thinking a pully & tune, and an X pipe. Only 300 miles away - the oportunity will never be closer.
Jim

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Well first you need to put a call into Rich and Dennis with the GT Guys to schedule your work. Next PM me with your information so I can add you to our email chain and give you details on where to meet us. Rich and Dennis usually schedule which guys go will go Tue, Wed or Thur for efficiency. Looking forward to seeing you out here.

Rob

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Since the unfortunate rescheduling of our GTGuys service and upgrade get together we at least had dinner together last pm. Eight owners in the area despite the cancellation still met for good food and wine. It was a great time. FGT owners are a unique group of enthusiasts which are an amazing and diverse group. All modest and eager to talk cars of all brands and types. There was no one-ups-manship of each other or even other car brands. We had a great night of sharing stories and experiences with our cars. It also never hurts to have a couple of FGTs and a 458 in the parking lot of a restaurant to attract attention. I can't believe I have not been to a rally yet. This will change soon. I look forward to having Rich and Dennis back out soon so we can get together again. Thanks guys for a great evening.

Rob

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks for organizing the dinner Rob - it was a great time! Unfortunate that the event was deferred, but the evening was great!

There were a number of guys looking at the 2 GT's in the parking lot - totally perplexed by why the "Ferrari's had Ford stickers"

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Well we are on again for Wed am to Friday this week. Looking forward to seeing everyone. If you have question please email or call Rich to schedule work or myself to help with directions.

Rob

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I so wish I would have known about this before now. I need service on the GT, all fluids changed, change oil pump belt, tune, plugs, etc, etc, etc. I am only 4 hours away but no way I can make it on such short notice. Actually just sent an email to the GT Guys last night asking them if it is cheaper to ship the car to them or get one of them to make a trip to my home. I figure a car that is now 7 years old needs a fair amount of attention even with just 3,200 miles on it.

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Just get in and drive it out here. We will get ur done.

Rob

Frozen GT

GT Owner
Jan 22, 2014
Stillwater, MN
GT Guys to Minneapolis St. Paul? I'm new on the forum and was hoping to find enough Gt owners in the Minneapolis St. Paul area to bring The GT Guys here late spring/early summer 2015. If there is any interest please let me know. Thanks!

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I'd most likely to be in!

Hello Frozen GT - are you in the Minneapolis area?

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Hello Frozen!

Frozen GT

GT Owner
Jan 22, 2014
Stillwater, MN
I'd most likely to be in!

Hello Frozen GT - are you in the Minneapolis area?

I'm in Stillwater. How about you?

Frozen GT

GT Owner
Jan 22, 2014
Stillwater, MN
Hello! Are you considering some work by The GT Guys?

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
A few other GTs in the Stillwater area. Like 3 or 4.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
We've had the GT guys come the Minneapolis area (BTW - I'm in Bloomington).

We also had Torrie come up a couple of years ago to do his magic at the Dyno shop.

Tell us more about your GT - Pics? Color? Who did you buy it from?

Frozen GT

GT Owner
Jan 22, 2014
Stillwater, MN
My GT: Red with white strips. 4 option car, 1,000 miles. Purchased from Domani Motors in Ft. Lauderdale. My car needs a clutch, apparently it spent the beginning of its life in parades? Winter is just around the corner, so hoping to get the GT Guys here in the spring to replace the clutch.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Great color choice!

Sounds like some spirited starts in 3rd gear perhaps?