The GT Guy LLC to install the first two sets of Guerin Engineering door hinges

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Just thought I would share a pic of what arrived today from Guerin Engineering right after we came back from a few days of cooling testing in CA. We will be installing these over the next two weeks. More pics to follow.
One set is anodized black for a black/silver stripe car and the other set is anodized clear to be installed on a black/flat black stripe car.

Attachments

• forum.jpg
    forum.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 737
Last edited:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Gotta be subscribed to see!!! Cool. Looking forward to completion pictures.

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
And the price, including install would be...? Looks like excellent engineering.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

:ack:ack:ack:ack:ack:ack:ack:ack
ALOT!!! But I really want them.... :willy

H

HHGT

Is the design of these patented? Where would one find such info?

KDO GT

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2008
Hollywood MD
Wow

I sure can't wait to see the install pics!!!!!!!!!!!:banana

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
So will they look similar to this:

MustangGullwing.jpg

Or this ?

gullwingaccord.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Deleted by Shadowman

Last edited:

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
As always one asks what time it is and Shadowman tells them how to make a watch, and that is always appreciated :cheers

Aug 25, 2006
Deleted by Shadowman

Last edited:

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Thanks Shadowman, looks awesome, not to mention very practical, now then as to the cost, do I sell potatoes or blood to come up with the pesos :biggrin

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Hinges

pm sent

We plan on starting the installs tomorrow. I know that both of the cars will be finally happy to have these installed as one has been waiting for a little over 2 years and the other for over a year.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I wanna know the price too, me and 500 other owners.

C'mon, spill the beans, and put some aside for me. :thumbsup

Oh, and when will the carbon fiber version be available ;-)

H

HHGT

I'll start by guessing $10K installed. Purely an uneducated guess....

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I suspect these are going to be north of $10k. I must admit they look beautiful and one can tell that a great amount of time and effort went into them. The practicality of these doors is undeniable (as I have found myself crawling out of my car on occasion). However, in my view, Lamborghini doors are played out, even on Lamborghini's. Besides the durability, blistering speed and "Made in America" badge the most enduring quality of this car is the classic beauty that defines the curves of the GT. I'm afraid my taste remain with the original design of the doors. I do like the addition of air conditioning in the 2005/6 models.

H

HHGT

I suspect these are going to be north of $10k. I must admit they look beautiful and one can tell that a great amount of time and effort went into them. The practicality of these doors is undeniable (as I have found myself crawling out of my car on occasion). However, in my view, Lamborghini doors are played out, even on Lamborghini's. Besides the durability, blistering speed and "Made in America" badge the most enduring quality of this car is the classic beauty that defines the curves of the GT. I'm afraid my taste remain with the original design of the doors. I do like the addition of air conditioning in the 2005/6 models.

+1. Besides, at over 50 I need to keep my muscles stretched, especially my back muscles.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
will you be able to park under a lift that aleardy has a car on it. another words if you store a car on a lift and you have to come home and park under the stored car will you be able to open the doors???

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Don't think the classifying any door that doesn’t open in a "conventional" manner as Lamborghini is accurate. There are a few variants on the "up" door out there as an OEM install. I had mine installed a few years ago and am glad I did. They’re totally convenient and are a solution exclusive to the GT. The only issue I have/had is with the gas springs but it looks like I can change them out for the new units….I’m happy.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
will you be able to park under a lift that aleardy has a car on it. another words if you store a car on a lift and you have to come home and park under the stored car will you be able to open the doors???

Thinking the same thing. I installed a 4 post on the other side of my garage for the TR and R8. I can't see how you could park under and be able to open the doors without hitting the upper rails.

John

Aug 25, 2006
Deleted by Shadowman

Last edited: