The Ford GT Hardcover book is here!!!!!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Pilot/jeff, they do bring back many memories, I suspect though that close to 40 percent of the original GT owners from day one have sold there GT's so its all brand new to the new owners. Plus theres alot of little details that at least 90 percent of all owners didnt know......
Whether your a veteran from day one or a newbie, 25 years from now you will have every detail right in front of you....:thumbsup
Pilot, DBK and I went over the book, each of us have our ways of communicating , some of us are louder and flashier than others:biggrin
Thats what makes the world go round, under Chips bio ,everything else is covered I think without slighting anyone or anything....I think I covered it , unless Dave wants to add anything else We communicated a couple of times.......
Remember the car is the star and hopefully this book will be one of the cornerstones to its survival.......gtjoey1314:thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
BY the way, thats Dinos yellow car screaming down the road.....yes he put 75 miles on it , not in one day......but the whole 4 years combined to come out to the barn.......
Dino has never driven his car to ANYTHING other than the barn! fun isnt it? gtjoey1314

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Lots of surprises for me, things that I thought I knew, things that I learned all good. The only 2 surprises that really blindsided me was that Joey has my name in the acknowledgements, and I thought that the only thing I did was buy a fantastic car, and get to meet great people through the ownership, but I also learned that for 58 years now, I've been misspelling my last name!!!!! I don't know whether to put the book out on the "coffee table", or keep it put away so people don't "damage" it, or just buy a second copy, before they sell out!!!!

Last edited:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Remember we will have 100 books at Carlisle...so RPM just stop on by....about 15 are spoken for....and we will have a
BOOK COVER FULL LEGNTH FRAMED ,really nice.....and one of the 4 banners that trent has made up for the book signing, signed by everyone there.....
Im not sure if marcie wants to bid them or everyone buys raffle tickets. You guys decide.......its real neat stuff....
See you all there......GTJOEY1314

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Great Book!
Joey and Marcie.
Joey, it was great speaking with you yesterday, the book(s) are fantastic, and though I requested nothing when sending in the small fee, I was impressed to see the serial numbers of the books I received. I feel the need to purchase one of the Carlise books as well, as those I have now remain undamaged. Joey, when will the paperback version be out?

Thanks, both of you.
Pete S.

Dino

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2006
Queens, NY
What can i say, i's my driver :lol:lol:lol

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
My vote for ltems you mention? Raffle prehaps with proceeds to a good cause? Not a fan of the "I can spend more than you" method of distribution, of interesting items.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
More photos....

On behalf of Marcie, I want to pass along these photos of the shipping process. There were so many pre-orders, she's been to the post office every day of the last week with a truck-full of boxes. All orders from here on out will be sent directly from the SVTOA Store, so she will maybe start taking my phone calls again.....:biggrin

Reserved serial number plates:
2011-05-12_15-57-15_219.jpg

Marcie's son put to work taping up boxes:
2011-05-19_15-44-31_736.jpg

Books going all over the world, Switzerland, Australia, Italy, England, Belgium, and of course, Canada, eh!
2011-05-13_13-13-15_263.jpg

The LAST shipment of pre-orders going to the post office today:
2011-05-19_09-57-38_103.jpg

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
My book arrived today - thank you so much! It is a superb looking book with a wealth of information inside - congratulations on such a terrific publication. I'm delighted with it and can't wait to get stuck in!

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I received mine today. It is super!

Joe

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Joey,

Is mine in the mail or will it be coming from SVTOA. I ordered it through the SVT store and asked for my serial number to be placed on the plaque (400079).

Thanks, Jer

Last edited:

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
My book came in today. WOW. I'm not even halfway through it and its already the best, most complete, informative car book Ive even seen. Nothing comes close. The rare behind the scenes pictures and information are unbelievable. Huge thanks to Joey and Marcie and everyone else who put their hard work into creating this. It's really something special. Get 'em while you can! It's a must-have for any owner or fan

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Word of mouth spreads fast as Marcie is getting flooded again with emails and calls...There is no doubt this has stirred the GT drink all over again...Look at ebay and cars for sale ,it might be a fluke but there has to be 30 GT'S for sale as if its 2005 all over again...........:thumbsup
I think this was a big boost to the Gt community.......gtjoey1314:thumbsup

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Bad News. I received both of mine today. They were Mailed in one box. Both books have the bottom two corners crushed. It Looks like they were dropped and mashed.
Sorry to be the first to have a ''bad-news report'' on what otherwise looks like a nice 'work of art' and has been getting good reviews.
andy (AJB)

H

HHGT

If its UPS I am not surprised.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
It was sent United States Postal Service , shipped from Montoursville Pennsylvania and cost $5.26 to get to me in Michigan.
In my opinion the box is just too small for the books....with the corners of the books tight in the box such that any contact to the outside of the box hits the book's corners and the jacket and mashes them.
AJB (andy)

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
AJB,call Marcieon the hotline, 1 570 971 4839, she will tell you what to do...........sorry gtjoey1314

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Ok - will call. Thanks Joey.
ajb

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Waiting patiently for my 2 up here in Anchorage...

Flatrod

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
I'm with Joe waiting patiently knowing it will probably take 3 weeks to get here to Anchorage.