The ford gt at le mans classic 2014.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
FGT de nuit au Mans.jpg

THE FORD GT AT LE MANS CLASSIC 2014.

The EUROPEAN FORD GT OWNERS CLUB organizes its first gathering of owners of Ford GT, 4, 5 and 6 July 2014, at the MANS CLASSIC.

Why ?

- 1 / Le MANS, land of glory for Ford.

Without Le Mans and its famous « 24 heures » race, our dear cars would not exist.
Let us remember that it all started when Henry Ford decided that Ford had to win the 24 heures of Le Mans. To do this, he first tried the easy way to buy the invincible Ferrari factory. Furious at not being reached , he took the bet to beat Ferrari with the only genius of his company .
The result was the birth of the GT40.
Mission accomplished : She won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1966, 1967, 1968 and 1969.
When in 2005, Ford decided to build the CENTENNIAL CAR, our FORD GT, it was decided that it would be an " evocation " of the glorious GT40.

So, without LE MANS, our Ford GT would not have existed.

- 2/ Fiftieth Anniversary of the Ford GT40.

As a reminder, the first Ford GT40 was born in 1964. It first ran at the Nürburgring and after, at Le Mans.
A fiftieth anniversary must be celebrated.

- 3/ 2014 : The first 10 years of the Ford GT.

Do not forget that the first Ford GT was completed August 24, 2004.
Ten years, must also be celebrated.

- 4 / Held every two years , LE MANS CLASSIC became one of the most important manifestation of legend cars worldwide .

The combination of these facts leads our very young club of enthusiasts, to organize the first gathering on this occasion, with the ambition to honour the Ford GT owners.

How ?

This is David (GT101), the delegated « National Leader » of our Club for Great Britain, who is responsible of the stewardship base. He attended to book hotel rooms and arrange the reception dinner on Friday evening. To recap, the Le Mans Classic brings together more than 100,000 people and 10,000 cars. A year in advance, there is no more hotel room to rent, less than 100 km around Le Mans.
David also organizes traveling together between Britain and Le Mans.
For the location of cars inside the circuit, he is assisted by Alain (Co-Director founder), who is in friendly and professional relationship with the organizers of the Le Mans Classic. It is a hard job, because of the enormous demand, and because we dont want the poor space allocated to the FORD GT in 2012.
Finally, and most importantly, we will work to enrich the program of this weekend, so it really becomes an event for the Ford GT owners.

This is a very big job. We will keep you regularly informed.
To make that weekend as pleasant as possible for you, we need to know your wishes as soon as possible.

Please indicate what you would enjoy doing.
Please indicate if Madam wants another program than Monsieur.
Do not hesitate to mention what you would like to do before the weekend, or after the weekend, and why not, around Le Mans, for example in the beautiful « Castles of the Loire » area, close to Le Mans, ETC….

We can not be certain to make you happy , but we promise to try.

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
I will be going to Le Mans Classic in 2014 and hope to meet up with some of the other GT owners. I have been in touch with Dave Jones and he has promised to keep me informed.

Mal

Keep me posted, i want to be with all of you there, i was last time in 2006, organized by the roush u.k. (now Mountune u.k.) with the superb David (Dave) Jones organizing the gathering with stickers getting access to the special parking for the Ford France circle.

Wonderful idea, where do i wire money for participation ?

View attachment 32150

THE FORD GT AT LE MANS CLASSIC 2014.

The EUROPEAN FORD GT OWNERS CLUB organizes its first gathering of owners of Ford GT, 4, 5 and 6 July 2014, at the MANS CLASSIC.

Why ?

- 1 / Le MANS, land of glory for Ford.

Without Le Mans and its famous « 24 heures » race, our dear cars would not exist.
Let us remember that it all started when Henry Ford decided that Ford had to win the 24 heures of Le Mans. To do this, he first tried the easy way to buy the invincible Ferrari factory. Furious at not being reached , he took the bet to beat Ferrari with the only genius of his company .
The result was the birth of the GT40.
Mission accomplished : She won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1966, 1967, 1968 and 1969.
When in 2005, Ford decided to build the CENTENNIAL CAR, our FORD GT, it was decided that it would be an " evocation " of the glorious GT40.

So, without LE MANS, our Ford GT would not have existed.

- 2/ Fiftieth Anniversary of the Ford GT40.

As a reminder, the first Ford GT40 was born in 1964. It first ran at the Nürburgring and after, at Le Mans.
A fiftieth anniversary must be celebrated.

- 3/ 2014 : The first 10 years of the Ford GT.

Do not forget that the first Ford GT was completed August 24, 2004.
Ten years, must also be celebrated.

- 4 / Held every two years , LE MANS CLASSIC became one of the most important manifestation of legend cars worldwide .

The combination of these facts leads our very young club of enthusiasts, to organize the first gathering on this occasion, with the ambition to honour the Ford GT owners.

How ?

This is David (GT101), the delegated « National Leader » of our Club for Great Britain, who is responsible of the stewardship base. He attended to book hotel rooms and arrange the reception dinner on Friday evening. To recap, the Le Mans Classic brings together more than 100,000 people and 10,000 cars. A year in advance, there is no more hotel room to rent, less than 100 km around Le Mans.
David also organizes traveling together between Britain and Le Mans.
For the location of cars inside the circuit, he is assisted by Alain (Co-Director founder), who is in friendly and professional relationship with the organizers of the Le Mans Classic. It is a hard job, because of the enormous demand, and because we dont want the poor space allocated to the FORD GT in 2012.
Finally, and most importantly, we will work to enrich the program of this weekend, so it really becomes an event for the Ford GT owners.

This is a very big job. We will keep you regularly informed.
To make that weekend as pleasant as possible for you, we need to know your wishes as soon as possible.

Please indicate what you would enjoy doing.
Please indicate if Madam wants another program than Monsieur.
Do not hesitate to mention what you would like to do before the weekend, or after the weekend, and why not, around Le Mans, for example in the beautiful « Castles of the Loire » area, close to Le Mans, ETC….

We can not be certain to make you happy , but we promise to try.

FordGT4fun

That sounds very interesting, i will notice that date thanks St Ho for this initiative
regards

Pierre

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
I will be going to Le Mans Classic in 2014 and hope to meet up with some of the other GT owners. I have been in touch with Dave Jones and he has promised to keep me informed.

Mal

Hello MAL

We created our European Club, in relationship with David Jones, and we have delegated to him, the organization of the life of the Club in the UK.

For our meeting of July, at Le Mans Classic, it supports the following points:
- The travel together from England to Le Mans.
- Booking Hotel and meals from Friday evening.
- In collaboration with Alain, booking our space around the circuit.

At the end of September, we met at Le Mans, to put it all in focus.

David will contact everyone very quickly to give practical informations and gather informations.
Parallel we are working to expand this weekend. We will communicate the information as and when.

Sincerely.

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Thanks, i look forward to meeting you in July

larry21

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2006
Knutsford UK
Le Mans Classic 2014

Sound great will contact David for the details

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
The organization of our July gathering at Le Mans Classic is moving very fast .

Location of Club:

Our Club has obtained and booked a location absolutely " Top level" will be our rallying point during the three days .
- In the midst of the most prestigious clubs ( Ferrari, Porsche , Lotus, De Tomaso , etc ...)
- In the immediate vicinity of the paddocks and the Village .
- Fully on the grass and lined with bitumen Bugatti circuit.
- Sized to collect 25 Ford GT , or more if necessary .
- Equipped with 50 m2 tent to shelter us from the sun or rain.

Core Program:

- Friday evening : Reception dinner at the gourmet restaurant of the Grand Hotel Solesme (45 km West of the circuit) , where we booked bed rooms for our members. Caution, a great number of bed rooms is now attributed. If you need one, tell us very quickly.
- Saturday morning, our group of Ford GT joins Le Mans .
Around 10:30 am , the Ford GT will ride on the circuit of the 24 heures.
Evening gourmet dinner option in the " Welcome " above the stands.
- Sunday: Option walk amid the Chateaux of the Loire. Visit of Chenonceau and lunch in its gardens.

We have a few months to enrich the program and make it an event that meets our ambitions.

For all bookings at Le Mans Classic (Acces, ride on the circuit, restaurant, …) please contact quickly our Club: european.ford.gt.owners.club@gmail.com

For rooms , contact Dave ( GT101 ), our delegate for the UK .

Sincerely yours.

labrit

GT Owner
Nov 5, 2013
London
Hmm, may do this.

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
I am definitely in for the circuit and the Saturday evening dinner, if possible for all of my group, I already have a hotel booked for my group in the town, but really want to meet up with you guys.

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
As Saint Ho says I've arranged some accommodation for this event which is filling up fast. In summary the itinerary we have planned for UK owners so far is:

Thursday July 3rd
Accommodation near Portsmouth - The Meon Valley Marriott hotel and Country Club

Friday July 4th
Fast Ferry from Portsmouth (07.00) to Le Havre (11.45)
Convoy drive to the Grand Hotel at Solesmes near Sable-sur-Sarthe
Evening meal at Hotel

Saturday July 5th
Convoy drive to circuit with arrangements as per earlier post by Saint Ho
Accommodation at Grand Hotel Solesmes

Sunday July 6th
More track action at Le Mans
Option to stay overnight at Solesmes or return via Flexiplus ticket on Eurotunnel to the UK

If you haven't already, please let me know if you would like to take part in all or any of the above - our main aim is to get as many GTs together at Le Mans as possible.

As many of you will know by now I'm leaving Revolve/Mountune at the end of this week to open my own Ford GT dedicated business - GT101 Limited - I'll put a separate post up about this. Feel free to get in touch if you want any more info on this or the trip...

David Jones
david.jones@gt101.co.uk

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Hi Dave,

Thanks for this, I have been in touch with Saint Ho about getting involved with the events and activities on the Saturday, but unfortunately I already have the rest of my trip organised with another group - maybe next time!

Congratulations and good luck with the new venture - will be in touch soon.

Cheers

Mal

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
RESERVATIONS FOR LE MANS CLASSIC 2014 (4,5,6 July).

Peter Auto, the organizer, has validated the demands of our European Ford GT Owners Club .
But the demand being higher than supply, there will be no room for everyone.
The organizers therefore asks us to formalize these reservations, and pay quickly.

At the end of January, we will provide the coordinates of the Club's bank account.
We recall that we do not perceive one cent on preferential tariffs which are granted to clubs. The only exception is 100 € per person for the tent and equipment, for which we are charged € 3,300 by the organizer. This equipment in place for three days, is essential for our rest and protection against rain or sun.

Benefits to book are :

- A / Core pack for 210 € per person, including for the three days :
- The general access.
- Access to paddocks.
- Access to Dunlop Grandstand ( the most spectacular below).
- Participation in the rental of the tent with tables and chairs on the location of the Club.

- B / Laps for € 150 per car on the 24 hours circuit, Saturday.

- C / The welcome dinner at the gourmet restaurant of Solesmes, (45 km west of circuit), for
65 € per person (managed by David Jones) .

- D / The gourmet dinner on Saturday night, at the «*welcome*» restaurant with terrace,
**** overlooking the track. Estimated Price: € 130 per person.

Thank you to tell us in EMERGENCY by mail ( european.ford.gt.owners.club@gmail.com) .

- Your name.
- The number of " basic package " that you book ( one per person) .
- The number of car for which you book the laps .
- The number of seats that you reserve for the dinner in Solesmes.
- The number of seats that you book for dinner on Saturday at «*Welcome*» restaurant.

At the end of January, we will tell you how to pay your booking.
If you do not have hosting, thank you to contact us urgently.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Bony would have his ticket already & arranging to ship all our GTs to England.

Ed

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Sounds like a wonderful gathering of our European brethren. I'm jealous. I've always driven to our rallies here, but had to ship to Sonoma. Perhaps my next shipping will be across the pond...it's on my bucket list.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Sounds like a wonderful gathering of our European brethren. I'm jealous. I've always driven to our rallies here, but had to ship to Sonoma. Perhaps my next shipping will be across the pond...it's on my bucket list.

If ByeEnzo is in then so am I!

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Well, you had better start robbing banks or both of you get real jobs with none of this "I'm going to take off again BS." Since you're both near coasts, start looking for shipping containers and somebody that will get you there. When we first started looking into this, you will need someone in some country to accept the shipment. Mr. David Jones at Mountune (Roush at the time) was willing to this, but the insurance fees, docking fees, unloading fees, etc., etc., etc., just kept climbing. It was overwhelmingly expensive even for rich guys like yourselves. Think carefully about this grasshoppers.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Rally 11 - 2016. We're loading up Frank. Get in.

I'm serious.

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
That would be cool!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
2016.....gives me two years to save up. Maybe sell a kidney? Guys plan on shipping cars over by boat, or on a 747? Logistics are an issue. I'd plan well in advance work wise so I could have 2 weeks off. If I made it there, I'd want to get on the Ring also.