The Floor Mat problem is finally solved!!

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Yes but these are lay-overs and do not replace the factory Rubber mats.
The mats that were made for the group buy are dual layered and fit exactly in place of the rubber mats.

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Who cares...I have 2 sets of QUALITY Lloyds mats, both with OFFICIAL FORD GT / FORD RACING script for $200 shipped to my door and I am as pleased as a clam (shell) :banana :banana :banana :thumbsup

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
We need someone who bought Balfas mats to comment on the quality.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

I think most of us should just be getting them very soon...

Mine are scheduled to arrive on 2/20/07.

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego

Mine arrived last week and they like quite good. I haven't bee able to install them yet as my car is at Saleen in Irvine under going some "minor" repair.:frown

Craig

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... my car is at Saleen in Irvine under going some "minor" repair.:frown

Craig

Uuuuuuuuuh ...."minor" as in as in, "aaaah, nuts....a rock chip in the paint"?
Or, "minor" as in !%@%*$@$%#!@!*&! ?????
:shrug

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
My Balfas mats arrived too and look great. I haven't installed them yet.

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
What kind of shoes do you wear? Why would you need extra protection on the aluminum next to the mats? The factory mats don't give you anything extra so you must not need it, not to mention when you lay other mats over the rubber mats it will eventually wear down the rubber mats underneath. I like the balfas mats fit but think they could be a little thicker IMO.

cammerboss

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2006
parker colo
can they make a set of blue ones?? cammerboss

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Sorry about the delay gentlemen. I just put the new mats in today. I think they look great and the fit is excellent. I'll test drive them tonight...

IMG_5188a.jpg

IMG_5192a.jpg

Last edited:

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
SYCO GT, uh... what is that "rust" looking stuff in the photo of your floorpan without the mats in? It makes me want to go out and pull my mats tonight!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Do take a look at your GT under the rubber mats, it should be exactly the same. No rust. The rubber mats just pull up easy, no fasteners.

Just as it came from the factory. Looks fairly raw and unfinished, what you would expect for a race car. The rubber mats (and new Balfas) mats do a great job of covering up the raw factory look.

My car was bought brand new and lives comfortably in a nice hermetically sealed (joking) garage in Southern California.

It's weird, the Balfas mats give the car a completely different look. Not as raw. But, I like both looks, and both mats are comfortable. I think the rubber mat was a neat idea.

Last edited:

kurt joerger

GT Owner
Feb 15, 2007
floor mats

I would like to order a set - please give me a call when convenient - thanks Kurt 732-241-1448

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
BTW, in driving around the last couple days with the Balfas mats after I installed, I will say that there is a definite height difference between the ultra think rubber pad on the OEM mats, and the fabric mats.

Your feet will notice it. Not good or bad, but a definite difference.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
can these still be ordered?

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Guys got my mats from Andrew the other day. They look great and fit perfectly. Love the car # on the mat as well. Feels way better than the orginals.:banana

Attachments

• CIMG2862sm.jpg
    CIMG2862sm.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 89

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
looks sharp, didn't I just say that on the other thread you started? yeah, I did, guess you won't mind it I make it go bye-bye :)

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Sorry Bony posted in the other area as this area seems to get less traffic. No matter. Wherever you think is best.