The cars you thought were cool back in the high school days .....

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
high school dream cars....

When I was in high school, my dream was to work in the Design Center at Ford in Dearborn. The cars I lusted after were all high-performance Fords. Upon graduating from college in 1969, my
parents gave me Mom's '65 Comet Caliente for a graduation present. I promptly replaced the 289 2V engine with a 289 HiPo with dual quads, 9" rear end, Shelby ten spokes, and side pipes:
Comet side.JPG

In 1971, I bought my dream car - a 1966 Shelby GT350 - the dual quads and ten spokes came off the Comet, and went on to the GT350:
1206_3.jpg

In 1995, I was able to buy another one of my dream cars, a 289 HiPo Mustang convertible:
IMG_9350.jpg

My "ultimate dream car" was a 289 Cobra. Over the years I tried to swing a deal on one, but they were always just too far out of reach. So I did what a lot of guys do...built my own:
IMG_5630.jpg

One more dream car after the 289 FIA Cobra, a two seat Thunderbird...still think that's a very special automobile:
IMG_1360.jpg

In between I had a couple more GT350s, a GT500 convertible, a couple Sunbeam Tigers, and a '72 Pantera - lots of nice cars that I got a lot of enjoyment out of. Kind of glad I missed out
on the real cobra....my buddy who has one, has his sitting in a Museum....he hasn't driven it in probably four years....I'm still driving and enjoying mine, even though it's not "real".

Jeff

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Congratulations on having owned some really nice cars, Jeff! Do you still own the white 289 convertible? Very sharp!

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Rex -
Sold the HiPo convertible and '57 T'Bird to facilitate my move from the frigid North Country to Sunny Florida. The HiPo went off to Germany, while the T'Bird is nearby here in Florida. Probably should have kept that 'Bird - only old car I had that had A/C.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
All nice/cool cars......great thread!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I guess I´ll help Rex post his beauty :wink

Pinto.jpg

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
I was cruising around North Lake Tahoe and I saw a mint Pinto Wagon, school bus yellow. All yours if anyone wants one:)