Thanks everyone!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
For the last two years (while I have owned a GT), I have envied all of the people who have been able to attend the rallies. They sure sound incredible, and it must be a real trip to meet some of the people you get to converse with online here. I've already told my wife, next year's rally WILL happen for us. My car will be ready for some work by the GT Guys by then anyway, so maybe we can drive there in the GT and leave it in Detroit and fly home. Anyway, thanks to Dave and all others instrumental in putting these events together, for my future experience as well as the vicarious enjoyment over the last couple of rallies.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I never would have imagined what a truly unique ownership experience the Ford GT would be. And to own a dream car, well, one has only highest expectations. Yes, it has been like a rockstar at times to own this special vehicle.

By far the true reward is forged from all the unexpected surprises. Notably, being a member of this Forum and more importantly, being part of the family of the Forum, has been simply amazing.

I was sad to miss the last day's festivities, but on the whole, considered myself quite fortunate to participate in the other days.

Thanks to DBK and all of you that give from the heart and make this Forum and the rallies memories that we will always treasure.

Rally9-0757_zps3c961d6e.jpg

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Randy ,
Well stated! I couldn’t agree more!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Dave - thanks to you and all the sponsors who continue to support the FordGT Forum. After unloading our vehicles at the ICON Garage last week (I now have an Official '"Certificate of Successful Unloading from the Top Deck''' of a Reliable Trailer ) . I did not drop either of our cars on the ground..... I then had to go to Pennsylvania to work and I am just back from Pennsylvania today.
Having attended all of the Rallies except last year at Sonoma, I too have to marvel at the good times and good people who participate and own these vehicles and all the comments from folks stated above.

After all the hectic planning and travel to and from the event, getting lost in Vegas on the Treasure Hunt, worrying about traffic on I-15, I sit here and "decompress".... and all the fun and good times and good people , at least for me,
begins to really 'sink in' about a week after the rally is complete.
So, Looking forward to some events this winter at the ICON Garage and Next Years Rally 10 in Detroit.

andy (AJB)

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great job Dave, Francesca and "everyone" who contributed to the success of all of our events. As I reflect back on the five rally's/LeMans that I have attended the friendships that have been made are absolutely priceless as I cannot wait for Detroit rally X and our next trip over the big pond with our cars. I also have a HUGE empty feeling in my heart of our lost friends and family that won't be at our rally's in the future but I know they are looking over all of us from above. You guys/gals rock!!!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Very well said Andy and Pe2unia. Our car ownership family IS special because of the magnicifant automobile Ford decided to build and offer to us.

As a long time participant, Dave's rallys just keep getting better and friendships forged over the years are...priceless.

Dave AND Francesca, thanks for another great event!

See you next year for our 10th anniversary.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Bill ,
Thanks for arranging the transportation again!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Bill ,
Thanks for arranging the transportation again!

Agreed the transportation from my point of view was perfect and very professional

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Agreed the transportation from my point of view was perfect and very professional

Not only was the transportation flawless in every way the price per mile for the group was shockingly very very inexpensive. I just contacted Mike so that I could ship my GT 500 to Florida for the winter and the price per mile was double from what we paid to and from the Rally. When I questioned Mike he said that he was able to do this rally price due to the volume of participants. Great job Bill!!!!!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks for your kind comments Ron, Gary and pe2unia! :biggrin For the last 3 rallys I believe I have been able to put together favorable (IMO) group transportation for us to get our cars to Dave's rallys.

Happy to canvass multiple carriers for bids and select the transportation provider which best fits our needs.

It was very easy to work with Mike at Reliable, and I am pleased with the positive comments I received from our ownership.

It will be easy for me next year with the Rally in Detroit as we will drive to the event, just as we did for the very first rally. Stay tuned for details on a rally-to-the-rally pre event starting at Dr. Franks's location. Rally X is expected to be just "over the top" and not to be missed. I pass the transportation baton to another owner who wants to coordinate car shippments to Detroit (or Frank's rally start location). See you there!:thumbsup

Last edited:

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Here's hoping for a transporter heading to RX from N.W. US or W. Can.!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It was very easy to work with Mike at Reliable, and I am pleased with the positive comments I received from our ownership.

I live in Las Vegas so I didn't need to ship the car for the Rally. I did however want to ship it from our Colorado home to here within a two week window. I called them and they said the soonest they could do it would be something like 8 weeks. So I contacted Mike. He found an open spot in a van that was hauling super secret stuff (according to the driver). He was driving right by my house from Cheyenne to Vail to pick up the test cars. He stopped by my place and picked up the GT, went to Vail, then to Salt Lake and here. I've used Reliable and Intercity in the past and had sort of locked on Intercity but now Reliable will be first choice.

Thanks Mike!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...It will be easy for me next year with the Rally in Detroit as we will drive to the event....

It's easy to drive a GT to any of the Rallies (isn't it, Jeff) from any location. I think Roketman will now agree - it's a very good Grand Touring car for any distance. :thumbsup

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
yes .. I plan to drive to Rally X also. Margaret will be with me too.... :):)
andy (ajb)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Wow Andy you are going all out!!!

HA ha.....

yes .. I plan to drive to Rally X also. Margaret will be with me too.... :):)
andy (ajb)

Alexander

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 28, 2011
Munich
Thank you Dave and Francesca for your tireless efforts to bring together such an awesome collection of Gts and their owners.
As Mimo and I said two days before the rally start in Vegas......" We cant wait for the rally to start, after walking the strip, there must be more to this place ".........and then the rally kicked off. It is what we came for and you did not disappoint Dave........great organization and itinerary...............Many thanks to all helpers that you mentioned as well as all participants for their excellent hospitality. We are very much looking forward to see you next year in Detroit....... To see perhaps some of you a little earlier in the year.......if we cannot wait to be reunited with our 2 favorite American girls....Lucille(RedGTX1) and Lola(WhiteGT)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I’d use Reliable again.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thank you Dave and Francesca for your tireless efforts to bring together such an awesome collection of Gts and their owners.
As Mimo and I said two days before the rally start in Vegas......" We cant wait for the rally to start, after walking the strip, there must be more to this place ".........and then the rally kicked off. It is what we came for and you did not disappoint Dave........great organization and itinerary...............Many thanks to all helpers that you mentioned as well as all participants for their excellent hospitality. We are very much looking forward to see you next year in Detroit....... To see perhaps some of you a little earlier in the year.......if we cannot wait to be reunited with our 2 favorite American girls....Lucille(RedGTX1) and Lola(WhiteGT)

Hey Alex, it was great to see you and Mimo again.. Your two girls can hang out with Helenor any time !! :biggrin:biggrin

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Brain
You have no choice not hanging out with me!
Love ya my buddy!
Hey Alex, it was great to see you and Mimo again.. Your two girls can hang out with Helenor any time !! :biggrin:biggrin

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Stormcat

Man love x3

Attachments

• IMG_6863.jpg
    IMG_6863.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 63