Thank you Ray Hofman

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Regardless what else happens at the Rally, thanks to Ray Hofman for buying the Matech GT1 car in time for the Rally. That thing whipping around the wet track causing a mammoth roostertail amongst stock Ford GTs is the coolest f$&)@-!!! thing I have ever seen in my life!!!! That thing has made R5.

:willy :willy :willy :thumbsup

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
PICS, VIDEO, anything. PLEASE!!!! :lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
PICS, VIDEO, anything. PLEASE!!!! :lol

+1!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
There will be an absolute grip of pics coming later. In the meantime....

[video=youtube;dljCK1MXTyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dljCK1MXTyo[/video]

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Damn thats cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
DBK
Thanks for the teaser,fantastic sound, can't wait for more.
Enjoy the rally
Cheers
Neil

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
That is awesome!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
was Ray driving?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The hydros on Lake Washington don't throw as gudda rooster tail as Ray's car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
ok while i am sitting in my trailer looking out at the straightaway i click on the video and the off shore speed racer goes by. Now that is stereo cool.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I knew he could walk on water but I didn't know he could make his car walk on water too.

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
Man, GT Rally week is like Christmas for me. Keep the pics, videos, and stories coming!:cheers

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Right on !

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
That video is during a caution pass. That car was ripping and. The rain tail was 200 feet back all day. wait until you guys see this thing.

cool as **** Ray

Ride please!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Wow that is all to cool.....

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The driver was the Matech driver that drove the car during the race season. He and the car were impressive. We had heavy rain and standing water everywhere on the track and it didn't seem to slow him down at all. I was in his run group doing maybe 110 mph and on the back straight hanging on tight and worried about grip when he went by me like I was in reverse. Losing all visibility driving behind the rooster tail was particularly exciting :eek

What an impressive car! Ray needs to chime in and describe the ride. I can tell you he had a SEG :biggrin that stretched from here to China when he got out.

Thanks Ray for bringing the car to the Rally! You really made my day and I am sure many others. You are going to have a blast with your latest addition to your stable.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
ok while i am sitting in my trailer looking out at the straightaway i click on the video and the off shore speed racer goes by. Now that is stereo cool.

Love it!!!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I ran a few laps then went back to my room at the Villas on the track to take a conference call.

In the background I could hear cars running laps then suddenly I heard something that sounded like heaven and hell colliding--I walked out on the patio in time to see the Matech car come by making a wake like a Fountain boat and looking cooler than I have ever seen at VIR--made me proud to have been a sponsor.

TrackDay

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
Ray, It was a pleasure to meet you today, congratulations, the Matech car is absolutely amazing, 130, 140 in very wet conditions with standing water in many areas. Amazing down force, Thomas Mutsch amazing driver, Team Matech rules, Fantastic!

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
When a spec miata track day car just won't cut it...

[video=youtube;CT6kDtNKMzE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT6kDtNKMzE[/video]