Texas owners! I'm putting together an all day SVT event, would you show?

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
Basically I'm trying to gauge the intrest of any Texas owners to see if any would like to make it out to an event.

In about the next 2 to 3 months (on a Sat. or Sun.) I will be putting together a SVT day, based in Houston. I'm still in the planning stages but the day would break down to something like this:

-Meet at around 11:00am, everyone in a big lot, meet and greet, car show type deal

-Then have lunch (which will be in the same parking lot, so we won't drive somewhere to eat)

-Leave around 2-3ish, and have a cruise to a 1/4 mile track like HRP or Seally, which would be an actual cruise, not just highway the whole time.

-Race, show off the cars some more, stay there for awhile then leave around say 8ish to go have dinner.

-Eat, say our goodbyes and part company.

Like I said, I'm still planning (i.e. picking where to eat and the cruise route). Once every thing is finalized I will be posting up at least a month in advance. I've talked to alot of fellow SVT owners, and they have all loved the idea so far and want me to set it up. If a single GT showed up for any part of the event I would be blown away because that would really just top off the whole day for me. I've had this idea for a little bit now and will be attempting to make this a big event by getting on Cobra/Lightning and even Contour/Focus forums as well as local car forums to get the word out. Like I said, it will only be SVT vehicles.

Again, just seeing if any GT owners would be interested in showing up to an event like this. If you have any questions, please ask!

Thanks for looking.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I would be interested considering the weather. Would GT owners be welcome at a SVT function? TH

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Hmmmm... it's a bit far for me, but maybe.

mardyn

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
The SCMC (South Central Mustang Cobras) is very active in the Houston area. They had a cruise around Lake Travis twice a year. The last cruise had 2 Ford Gts. If you end up at Seguin The Austin/SA folks might just meet you there. Sounds like a great idea. Too bad we can't get enough people to have a Texas Ford GT group.

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
THamonGT said:
I would be interested considering the weather. Would GT owners be welcome at a SVT function? TH

I thought about that. I was going to ask if SVT had anything to do with the car but I just posted my blower whine question (which I forgot to include the SVT question :ack ) and thought it might be a little excessive to post another question. You could always take it as SVT is the top end cars of Ford, and the GT is certainly THE top end car of Ford. Well in all reality, it's a GT, where on this earth is it not welcome? :cool

Obviously weather will be a BIG factor. I will be planning a date and a rain date, in case the weather turns out sour.

mardyn said:
Hmmmm... it's a bit far for me, but maybe.

mardyn

What part of east Texas are you around?

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
Silverbullitt said:
The SCMC (South Central Mustang Cobras) is very active in the Houston area. They had a cruise around Lake Travis twice a year. The last cruise had 2 Ford Gts. If you end up at Seguin The Austin/SA folks might just meet you there. Sounds like a great idea. Too bad we can't get enough people to have a Texas Ford GT group.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check them out and drop a line in about the event.

A Texas Ford GT group would be awesome but hard to do, because of the vast space between everyone. There are so many in Cali. and it's not that big, so there it could be done with relative ease.

*oops, double posting. :willy

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
I'm near Canton, Tx, about 70 miles East of DFW on I-20. I travel to the Houston area ocassionally to visit friends... it's about 4.5 hours from me.

btw.. we've got a great group of Texas GT owners right here in DFW.

mardyn

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
mardyn said:
I'm near Canton, Tx, about 70 miles East of DFW on I-20. I travel to the Houston area ocassionally to visit friends... it's about 4.5 hours from me.

btw.. we've got a great group of Texas GT owners right here in DFW.

mardyn

I haven't seen or heard of many owners in Houston (although I'm sure they're out there) but I wondered about the DFW area, that is another great car area.

So how about a GT cruise to Houston??? :biggrin

Since I posted this now I'm starting to think about a Texas wide thing and having it somewhere in the middle of the state, between Austin/Houston/Dallas. At first it was just a Houston-wide idea...hmmmm....back to the drawing board. I may be getting ahead of myself though.