Texas Mile Results

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
...put your car up on jackstands...connect your GT's fuel system to several 50 gallon fuel barrels...start the car...shift thru the gears to 6th...put a brick on the 'pedal so the speedo reads 70 mph or better, and walk away.

You oughta match Jeffey's miles in about 7-8 months...provided HIS CAR is snowed in over the winter...:lol

two points:

1 thats like buying a d---o for your supermodel girl friend:lol

2 ferris buller:eek

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
171 (and change)/93 pump/Bridgestones/Heffner Pulley & Tune (91), Accufab Exhaust/2006/Syco GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
180.98 hoosiers \pulley and the Heff's exhaust and tune.

2nd run 26mph.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
184.6 pulley, dyno tune, gt guys xpipe.And a bag of ice on the S.C.!
Thanx Alex and Tom !!!

RedGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 21, 2006
Foxfield, Colorado
168.093 91 octane, Goodyears, Borla, stock tune. 2005 with 16000 miles.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
174.767 mph, Heffner pulley and tune - 91 octane, Borla, Stillen clutch, short throw shifter, Analog Designer's intake stiffening rings, stock tires :banana

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
184.6 pulley, dyno tune, gt guys xpipe.And a bag of ice on the S.C.!
Thanx Alex and Tom !!!

i thought you were you using a whipple supercharger now?

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
175.6;93;Stock Goodyears; Ford Racing Pulley and Tune; Stillen Exhaust; Accufab Stiffener; K&N Filters; 2006; w.a.nelson

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Since you were one of the "hot ones", waiting for your numbers .....

two points:

1 thats like buying a d---o for your supermodel girl friend:lol

2 ferris buller:eek

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Since you were one of the "hot ones", waiting for your numbers .....

oh sorry

here they are, although I think when posting mile numbers weather conditions should be noted as well,

217.9 mph, stock goodyears, whipple with nitrous(150 shot), built motor and tune by(fastlane), stainless works exhaust 110deg heat:eek

here is the break down on my car,

started life just like anyother gt, once I got her it was only a matter days or so before the whipple went on, that wasnt enough so the smaller pulley went on and that wasnt enough so the nitrous system went on, and that wasnt enough so here is the latest on the car

we pulled the motor, did a compression and a leakdown and this baby was perfect in everyway, really broke my heart to have to tear into her but tear we did, ported the head, put in bigger custom grind comp cams, new wiseco pistons, increased the compression a bit, blue print and balanced all of the rotating assembly put her back together fired her up took her to dyno and on the first pass with no tune, on boost alone it made 800 to the wheel on a hot day. we were able to make about 825 to the wheels on boost alone with a very conservative tune 16 deg timing, we could not put too many tunes on the sct but this car will make every bit of 850 to 880 on boost alone with an aggressive tune, but we left it like that so we can tune for nitrous, on the first pass with a 100 shot it make 909, and when we put in the 150 pill it made 939 and the next day I put on the boost a pumps and without changing anything it made 962, it wants the fuel and its running out on the top end,

the next project for this car will be a meth injection system that will be plumbed under the whipple to cool the incoming air, that plus the nitrous and the built motor should hopefully put her well into four digit territory, we will have to wait and see:wink

stay tuned

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Weather conditions.

Here they are, although I think when posting mile numbers weather conditions should be noted as well.

217.9 mph, stock goodyears, whipple with nitrous (150 shot), built motor and tune by (fastlane), stainless works exhaust. 110 deg heat. :eek

Gentlemen,

Weather certainly does have a big effect on the numbers being posted here. Soroush made this run during the absolute worst conditions of the day. About 1:00 in the afternoon, very high humidity, sweltering heat, and with a stiff quartering headwind. Density altitude was probably around 3000 feet. Most of the GTs running that day saw their best times very early, or very late in the day after things had cooled off and the wind had calmed down.

I'd be willing to bet that if it had been a cool, zero wind day, Soroush would've been pushing 225+MPH. Maybe even 230 mph. :cheers

Chip

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.

Forgiven ........... :thumbsup

and added (we all thank you for the info).

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This has been a lot of fun to read, I sure wish I could have gone 217, heck even 200. Pretty happy with 175.6 with stock pully and factory tune.

Hope more continue to post.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
SPEED / OCTANE / TIRES / MODS / YEAR / SCREEN NAME
187/91-93/ Stock Goodyear@ 35psi/ Whipple 4.0/ 06 / Apollo
I had a belt tension adjustment that I finally got a tool to fix in the early afternoon. After a few easy runs and a couple of back to back runs my wife did, I went out hot and did 187. I really feel this gal has more to give without the headwind and heat.

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
187/91-93/ Stock Goodyear@ 35psi/ Whipple 4.0/ 06 / Apollo
I had a belt tension adjustment that I finally got a tool to fix in the early afternoon. After a few easy runs and a couple of back to back runs my wife did, I went out hot and did 187. I really feel this gal has more to give without the headwind and heat.

Hello Terry,

We met at the Scottsdale Pre-Rally, Don & Charlies.

I have the Black Mark II, with the FRPP racing exhaust.

Congrats on the great run. I am glad Shadowman was able to help you out so you could make those impressive runs. I wish I could have been there.

Please keep us posted when you & your girl hit 200+ MPH.
FYI. Stay in 5th gear.

Take care.
Greg

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Hello Terry,

We met at the Scottsdale Pre-Rally, Don & Charlies.

I have the Black Mark II, with the FRPP racing exhaust.

Congrats on the great run. I am glad Shadowman was able to help you out so you could make those impressive runs. I wish I could have been there.

Please keep us posted when you & your girl hit 200+ MPH.
FYI. Stay in 5th gear.

Take care.
Greg
Hi Greg, Thanks! We sure did enjoy meeting you and all the other great people at the rally. Maybe you can make it to Mojave? I think Chip is going to make it. I think this is an addiction....
Happy Thanksgiving!
Terry

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Only made two runs.

182.4/93/ Goodyear/ Whipple/AC on high/2005/PILOTJPW

:cheers

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
206.267 / 116 (C16) / Hoosiers / TT / 2005 / tmcphail

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Updated again.

Shoot - should have asked color .......... :biggrin

So far looks like (approximately):

Stock - 160 to 175
Pulley & Tune - 170 to 185
Whipple - 180 to 195
TT and more - over 200

Makes you appreciate a 200 plus run - takes a sh*tload of power to get you there.

Keep posting - the more data we have, the more trends we will be able to see (tires, etc).

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Speed / Octane / Tires / Mods / Year / Screen name
185.327 MPH / 93 Oct / GY Frnt, BS Scud rear / Pulley ( Bob Ida ) Tune (Torrie) Accufab X- pipe /2006 / STORMCAT

Attachments

• IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 120