Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Coming soon :pop

Whipple
Twin Turbo

Predictions?

I already know what the TT will do so it would be unfair of me to predict, but I think a Whipple will go about 195mph, if it can be launched.

The TT will go....fast :wink

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Last I heard, stock ones run so far are 165ish - 175ish, not sure on mods, pulley,etc.

I would guess a Whipple could do 185ish-195ish depending on the tune, boost, fuel, rev limiter setting. 189.67 would be my official guess.

TT would be 204.1

Mar 15, 2006
our customer with a whipple gt running 18 psi and 770 rw hp ran 198 mph. i think ray hoffman's gt tt ran 215 on a shakedown pass. no doubt rays car will go (has gone) faster!

Mar 15, 2006
several updates on this thread:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/f2/final-texas-mile-thread-100496/index6.html

including a 212 mph supra, eddie bello porsche 210 mph and others. lots of fast cars there. svs running 223 mph is a new record at that track.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
our customer with a whipple gt running 18 psi and 770 rw hp ran 198 mph. i think ray hoffman's gt tt ran 215 on a shakedown pass. no doubt rays car will go (has gone) faster!

That's crazy! Congrats on that number from the Whipple. Putting down that power in 1st is no small feat. Stock tires? Did you bring any Vipers?

I've seen that other GT run faster on pump gas. On a full run in the morning tomorrow it should put down some great numbers.

Wish I could be there! :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
TT GT just went 222 mph.

Look for 225+ in the AM.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Man that i really cooking. I wish I could find out more about this.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca

Holy ##$@** John, that's fantastic. What are you doing to get 770rw out of a whipple combo?. That is race gas I assume?

Then 222 OMG.:eek

Any comments on how the cars felt at speed ?. What tires?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
225mph today for the TT! YES!:)

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
225mph today for the TT! YES!:)

How do you guys find this stuff out I will never know. Went to the link mentioned but its not posted.:willy

Dang it Bony U & DBK just are way to connected :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
That is my forecast based on the weather and the little birdies... :)
It's a lousy three miles more than yesterday... they will get it done.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
TT GT just went 222 mph.

Look for 225+ in the AM.

Stock rubber? Impressive.

Mar 15, 2006
A 3.0 litre Supra ran 228.7 mph this afternoon for top honors.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Very Impressive.:thumbsup

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Man that i really cooking. I wish I could find out more about this.

The Texas Mile is online. Hopefully they did a run "On the Record."

http://www.texasmile.com/

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca

Man, the potential in those cars has been amazing over the years. I realize they are no longer Supras perse, but still lots of renditions setting high marks. Pretty impressive for a 14 year old chassis.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I've seen some amazing supras ... just guess what the GT will be like in 14 years if these guys keep tuning them.

physics .... thats the only law that keeps them back.

Ok and a piece of open road thats not covered by cameras, radar, laser or an idiot with a cell phone.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
There were 3 Whipple GT's there that I know of. Last March I felt like a big dog running a 190 but today after running a 192 I was dead last in the Whipple wars.

A Tungsten running (according to the driver) a 23 lb pulley and race gas ran a best of 200 even.

The white one tuned by Hennessey was running (again according to the owner) a 19 lb pulley and 93 octane, Hoosiers and open Ford headers, ran a best of 202 as of 2 o clock today. That's when I left but he was still running passes.

I can't understand the vast difference in speed between these cars, especially mine and the Hennessey car since they are supposedly set up very similar. I'm running a 19 lb pulley and 93 octane tune so all he had on me was the Hoosiers, exhaust and a lowering kit. It was sweltering out there this weekend with mid 90 degrees and high humidity so by noon I was losing speed due to the heat. My best run was early this morning with two passes at 192. I dropped off after that.

The yellow Twin Turbo GT Heffner built for PeakPerformance (Ray) laid down some awsome speeds with no effort. As of two o'clock his best was 222 but I think they weren't through yet. His car had the dubious honor of having the only off track excursion of the weekend when his driver spun out when he shifted to third and spun into the grass. After a quick cleanup, he came back and ran another 222 mph. That car has some balls! (The driver too.)

It seemed like every car out there was breaking 200 this time. TT Vipers, Nitrous Z06's. Toyotas, you name it, just not me.

I guess it's time for a 23 lb pulley and C16 tune. I gotta join the 200 MPH Club next time.:thumbsup

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
"After a quick clean up" Texas, are you referring to the car or something else?. I would have had to change my suit.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm sure the guy driving was a very experienced driver or Ray wouldn't have had him in the car. He said the car was a little squirrelly but under control until one tire got over onto the white stripe, then it just took a right turn and off he went.

I have no personal knowledge of his hygenic condition afterwards.