TEXAS GT in Hot Rod Magazine

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
There is a page covering the bullrun and there is the back half of a yellow GT with the clamshell up. I think it is page 28.

Is the 09 run scheduled?

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
A friend just brought me the February issue with the story in it. I had no idea that there were writers from two magazines there but it's been featured in both Autoweek and Hot Rod now.

I tried to talk some of you into going but I was the only GT there. The wife and I had a blast. The Mustangers were very friendly and we didn't feel like outsiders. We'll be back next year but so far they haven't announced the dates. Probably in September again.:thumbsup

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Were there any vipers there? I could get a few from Central TX to show. Where did you start the run? It would be cool to loop this into a future GT rally event.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Very nice !

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Were there any vipers there? I could get a few from Central TX to show. Where did you start the run? It would be cool to loop this into a future GT rally event.

No Vipers allowed. It's a Team Shelby event run by the Bullrun people. You have to be a Team Shelby member and only cars with some tie to Mr. Shelby are allowed to attend. Shelby Mustangs of any age, Cobras, Shelby Dodges, the Series One model and the Ford GT.

It's based out of the Lajitas Resort in Lajitas Texas and all runs are day trips that start and end there. They used the local airstrip for some events but it was too rough and dirty to really race on.

Carroll, Bill Neale, Bob Bondurant and some other old friends of Carroll's were there. They were all signing cars, hats or anything else you had. Carroll has owned property there since the 60's so it's like being at home for him.

This is where the original Terlingua Race Team was started in the 60's.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
The wife and I had a blast. ...:thumbsup

Hey Texas GT ! That reads nice, Texas Hot Rod... Recently came across a new 'suggestion' named just like that .. Texas Hot Rod ... Something to do with tabasco..:biggrin, did you guys invent that ? :thumbsup

cheers

S:wink

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Very nice. And the GT well represented by a stand up guy:thumbsup

I was watching Super Cars Exposed last night and saw his quest to go over 200 at the texas mile and 3 ford Gt's were at the track and he hit 204 in a Silver or Titainum car with a Whipple.

Do we know whose GT's are now Famous as well as Texas GT is?

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Very nice. And the GT well represented by a stand up guy:thumbsup

I was watching Super Cars Exposed last night and saw his quest to go over 200 at the texas mile and 3 ford Gt's were at the track and he hit 204 in a Silver or Titainum car with a Whipple.

Do we know whose GT's are now Famous as well as Texas GT is?

The white GT is owned by Armand Cimino and has a Whipple on it. He hit 200 in it last year. I believe the Tungsten car Foust drove was owned by a tuner and was running a Whipple with 24 lb pulley and race gas as well as a custom intake. I saw it for sale on e-bay not long ago.

The other GT I don't know about.

Did you catch Foust's quick little comment dissing Cimino's car? "I'll pass on the white one..." or something like that. White is apparently not his favorite color.

Or maybe Cimino turned down his request to drive it and pissed Foust off.:lol

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
After a little research, here are the 3 GTs at the March '08 Mile.

'06 GT, apparently stock, driven by Tom Holman, 5 passes with a top speed of 165.

'05 White GT, Whipple, driven by Joe Cimino (Armands son), 9 passes, tops of 197.

'06 Tungsten GT, Whipple and other mods, driven by Josh Lowthorp, 7 passes, top speed of 205.

Same '06 driven by Tanner Foust, one pass at 204.

I think that says something about Foust's driving abilities to get in a car he's never driven and do basically the same speed in one pass that it took the owner to do in 7.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I'm fairly sure I will go to the March 09 Mile. I will have my GT, 575 and probably the upgraded to 640 HP S600 Merc.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm fairly sure I will go to the March 09 Mile. I will have my GT, 575 and probably the upgraded to 640 HP S600 Merc.

Cool! If you need help driving one of those bad boys, I'm your man.:biggrin

I just got an email from the Texas Mile organizers. It's scheduled for the last weekend in March. They are considering extending it to Friday through Sunday. $300 for all three days or $200 for Saturday and Sunday.

We need 10 or 12 members to show up and represent the FordGTforum. We could fly a banner over our little part of the pits. I'm sure the ideas will snowball from there.:thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What you need are RED cars!

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I'll let you know if I need a driver. I do have a good pit crew and they seem to enjoy driving the "beaters".

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

I've got one....I prefer the yellow.:lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Frank time to prove that red cars are faster. :bs Take a trip to TX! :rofl As the saying goes, "put up or shut up."

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sorry, March is for Vegas baby.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Sorry, March is for Vegas baby.

I don't think Frank has a current Texas passport anyway.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I think Frank never goes to TX, because his bottle holders are too small to hold the TX sized bottles! :biggrin

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I think Frank never goes to TX, because his bottle holders are too small to hold the TX sized bottles! :biggrin

:lol:lol:lol:lol

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I think that says something about Foust's driving abilities to get in a car he's never driven and do basically the same speed in one pass that it took the owner to do in 7.

Probably some kind of ratio between ability and size of gonads!