Temp Gauge Reflection

Woodstock

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2007
Tulsa, OK
On my Ford GT I have noticed there is a reflection from the drivers window onto the engine temp gauge (the gauge on the far left side of the instrument panel). I have never owned a car that has had this issue until now. Apparently the temp gauge on my car is angled toward the drivers window thus creating this reflection from the side glass when you look at the gauge. This is the only gauge that seems to have this problem.

My question to the Forum - has anyone else experienced this issue with a glare on their temp gauge? If this is not common is there a known fix for this problem or how could the gauge have been angled in the direction of the drivers window?

Any help in resolving this matter would be appreciated.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Drive West in the morning, and East in the afternoon. I thought guys from T town only had trailer queens?

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Mine is not angled it sits flush against the housing. I assume your are getting the view in the pic below. I never really noticed it until you mentioned it. I think it just moves around with the angle of the sun. I had a speedo pic that was distorted by it, now that you brin it up, but can't find it right now.

Attachments

• 2462473_23.jpg
    2462473_23.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 235

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Tint your windows or drive only at night. Problem fixed!:thumbsup

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX

Actually, I did put a polarized tint on my windows. Something new my tint guy recommended. Supposed to reduce heat significantly without adding much tint (I added it to the front windshield as well). I would imagine the polarization would eliminate the glare altogether.

I have only had this on my car for a short time. I would not say it has been fully tested for hot summer days. Therefor I this point I would not recommend it. Let me see how it works here in July and I will report back.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Fu-Bar, I hope you mean tint. Might be pretty hard driving with a tent on the car. All of the gauges have anti-reflective coatings on them, similar to camera lenses. The coating can be scratched.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Or be like Empty, never leave the garage... :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
At least it beats never leaving the dog house...I suppose...kinda sorta...in some ways.

Woodstock

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I believe you have answered my question. There is nothing unusual about the way my gauges sit in the dash, this is just the way the car is made and it is simply a design flaw by Ford.

Thanks.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I believe you have answered my question. There is nothing unusual about the way my gauges sit in the dash, this is just the way the car is made and it is simply a design flaw by Ford.

Thanks.

I have been looking and looking, I knew there had to some design flaw in the car!!! I was getting worried it was flawless...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Thanks.

Design flaw? No matter WHERE a gauge is located there's going to be glare on it in one circumstance or another. I don't see how it could be avoided.

I'd hardly call it a "flaw".

M

Mark O

That sounds like something I'd say. :wink

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Move your seat up and closer till the reflection is behind your line of sight