Mar 1, 2006
socal
...in about 10 days. I can't wait :willy

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Just in time for winter....

Can't wait to see your pictures and driving impressions.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
sunshine, bloody sunshine !

Neil,

slider is in south california... Winter is like your GB summer there :biggrin

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
I hope you will post the pictures too!

p.s. Does anyone know who owns the silver GTX-1 with red interior? I'd like to see more of that car.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Silver GTX1

Red Rocket -

I have a number of pictures of the silver GTX1 I took at the Detroit GT Rally. I'd be happy to
send copies of them to you, if you'd like.

Jeff Burgy

SAAC GT Registrar

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Gtx1

Red Rocket - the silver GTX1 w/Red interior is in the Seattle area. The owner Tom is a buddy. PM me and I'll get you the contact info.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
A friend of mine spotted a red GTX1 in Austin about a month ago. Are you on the forum?

ajgt

Permanent Vacation
Nov 30, 2005
atlanta, ga
what's the cost of conversion for the gtx1?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I want to live in Southern California.... :bored

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
ajgt said:
what's the cost of conversion for the gtx1?

Base cost in dollar terms is 38K.

Yesterday I got an email telling me that yet again there will be another delay. They've had my GT for four months plus by now. It looks like they need to design the clamping method to hold the roof together :frown . I'm not a degreed engineer(but I employee hundreds around the globe) but would think that that kind of thing would be sorted out well before commencing production. :ack

I would go get the car now but in their wisdom they appear to have chopped the top off my car without resolving their supplier issues and, so it appears, their design issues as well.

I'm being told that my patience will be rewarded. :bs

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Neilda said:
I want to live in Southern California.... :bored

I lived for a while in Northampton.

I miss the people but not the weather.

What stops you from moving here?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
A few things stop me....

A company to run, two young children at school - I'm too old at 45 to take such a big plunge.

I also like to smoke from time to time!

gtx1-CA

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2006
This is GTX1-CA. I need to speak with Tom today and can't find his business card. If you have his info with numbers please e-mail to me at kudravearchitects@yahoo.com or preferrably call me: 213-955-0005. It's rather important. Or, you can have Tom call or e-mail me himself.

Peter G. Kudrave
Los Angeles, CA

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
Hello all, just a quick post to let you all know I have contacted Peter and gotten him the information he was searching for. Have a wonderful day!!!

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Hello all, just a quick post to let you all know I have contacted Peter and gotten him the information he was searching for. Have a wonderful day!!!

How about getting me the info you have promised me for a week now. :frown

My GT has been sitting with you guys for 6 months now. I'm beyond tired of all the lies and broken commitments.

-Kent Jordan

ps...Don't even try telling me AGAIN that I should be "nurturing" my relationship with Genaddi. I'm fed up.

I warn anybody else from giving these guys your car or your money. THEY DON'T TELL THE TRUTH or, at the best, they don't know enough about what's going on within their own organization or with their vendors.

Last edited:

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
One thing we can all agree upon, I’m sure, is the fact that the Ford GT is an amazing example of American engineering. To say that designing it was a complicated process would be an understatement. Hundreds of engineers and other skilled craftsmen poured their hearts into “The pace car of a company”. Upgrading the GT to X1 status is a serious project as well. Not many cars in the history of the automobile age have gone from the design table to the street flawlessly. Have we made mistakes along the way? Yes. Have we lost our commitment to producing a superior car? Absolutely not! It is true, that our clients who jumped in on the early excitement of the GTX1 upgrade have waited an extraordinary amount of time for their cars. It is also true that the main part of the delay was unforeseeable. As regular readers of this forum are already aware, the company slated to produce the carbon fiber parts for us could not produce parts of the required quality. We had to begin almost completely over again with finding a new supplier and remaking the molds. We are so close to having everything complete it is frustrating to not be there. Schedules are committed to with the best information we have on hand. Unfortunately, our suppliers cause further delays by not always sticking to schedules. Last week I sent out an update as to where we are at with things. Pictures were included to help convey the facts. KJ’s car is at the paint shop. KJ was sent the email last week as well. He responded with a “thank you for the update email” therefore I felt, as though he was satisfied with the update, I was wrong. I will rectify the situation today bu sending him pictures of his car. I want to be clear that it was I who failed to send the pictures he desired not Mark.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Wow, Kent. As a GTX1 customer waiting on my car, I can understand your frustration, but not your approach. My car has been there as long as yours, but your slot is several before mine. You are probably a very successful businessman in an industry that doesn't have these problems. I sent one of my car to a very respected coachbuilder in socal for painting and refreshing which was to take a couple months. 13 months later my car was returned. The good news is that it exceeded my high expectations and was well worth the wait. This is the "Exotic" car business, not a local Ford body shop. Do you know anyone other than Genaddi who is making non-performance exotic improvements to the GT? Do you have any idea what it costs to develop and engineer a roadster with a complicated roof system or vertical doors that will last the life of the car? Have you spoken to, or read posts from, any of Genaddi's customers who have received their cars? These people were probably all anxious and frustrated about the delays, but are very happy with their GTX1's. Have you ever really met Mark Gerisch or his staff? Do you have any idea of the depth of their passion for the GT and GTX1? Do you realize getting your GTX1 to you is at least as important to them as it is to you?
Do you realize how long it would have taken Ford to do the X1? Do you recall the delays and problems Ford had, and continues to have, with the GT? Before you shipped your car to Genaddi, did the axle bolts sheer off and leave you stranded, did the door trim rings rattle or fall off, did you have any issues with fit and finish? Did you receive the car as quickly as you would have liked?
I love the Ford GT, and think I'll love the GTX1 as much or even more. I'm excited that most of the wait is over and I'll have a well designed and executed GT Roadster, which like the original GT and GTX1 will survive the test of time. I, for one, wish you would stop sending me emails. Everything you are doing is very counterproductive. If I had your car, it would go to the end of the line. Fortunately for you, Mark Gerisch isn't like me.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Wow, Kent. As a GTX1 customer waiting on my car, I can understand your frustration, but not your approach. My car has been there as long as yours, but your slot is several before mine. You are probably a very successful businessman in an industry that doesn't have these problems. I sent one of my car to a very respected coachbuilder in socal for painting and refreshing which was to take a couple months. 13 months later my car was returned. The good news is that it exceeded my high expectations and was well worth the wait. This is the "Exotic" car business, not a local Ford body shop. Do you know anyone other than Genaddi who is making non-performance exotic improvements to the GT? Do you have any idea what it costs to develop and engineer a roadster with a complicated roof system or vertical doors that will last the life of the car? Have you spoken to, or read posts from, any of Genaddi's customers who have received their cars? These people were probably all anxious and frustrated about the delays, but are very happy with their GTX1's. Have you ever really met Mark Gerisch or his staff? Do you have any idea of the depth of their passion for the GT and GTX1? Do you realize getting your GTX1 to you is at least as important to them as it is to you?
Do you realize how long it would have taken Ford to do the X1? Do you recall the delays and problems Ford had, and continues to have, with the GT? Before you shipped your car to Genaddi, did the axle bolts sheer off and leave you stranded, did the door trim rings rattle or fall off, did you have any issues with fit and finish? Did you receive the car as quickly as you would have liked?
I love the Ford GT, and think I'll love the GTX1 as much or even more. I'm excited that most of the wait is over and I'll have a well designed and executed GT Roadster, which like the original GT and GTX1 will survive the test of time. I, for one, wish you would stop sending me emails. Everything you are doing is very counterproductive. If I had your car, it would go to the end of the line. Fortunately for you, Mark Gerisch isn't like me.

thank you, the forum is the worst tool to resolve one on one issues.
well said my friend:wink

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Perhaps this forum is not the best place to resolve one-on-one issues however it is an excellent place to get feedback and ideas on things we are all thinking about doing to our cars. I, for one, had no idea that the GTX-1 production was having significant delays and I’m very appreciative when Forum members, like Kent in this case, post their good as well as bad experiences. I feel this is one of the things that makes this forum a valuable place to spend time. I feel the Forum overall will suffer if members are cut short in their ability to voice concerns over the quality of products being offered for our cars, whether the vendor is a sponsor of the site or not.

Rob

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Perhaps this forum is not the best place to resolve one-on-one issues however it is an excellent place to get feedback and ideas on things we are all thinking about doing to our cars. I, for one, had no idea that the GTX-1 production was having significant delays and I’m very appreciative when Forum members, like Kent in this case, post their good as well as bad experiences. I feel this is one of the things that makes this forum a valuable place to spend time. I feel the Forum overall will suffer if members are cut short in their ability to voice concerns over the quality of products being offered for our cars, whether the vendor is a sponsor of the site or not.

Rob

Well, there are right ways and wrong ways to do things. Reread the post that caused Kirby to reply. How would you react if someone wrote about your firm and integrity. If Mark was a bandit, do you think Ford would have sold him a GT for $1 and feature his work at SEMA? Now... how thick must Mark's skin be, in order for him to swallow the insults and move beyond the post...

Status
Not open for further replies.