supercharger performance diminishing

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I've got a 99 RT/10 with a Paxton s/c that I had installed several years ago with around 4000 miles on it now. It has delivered impressive performance since the installation.....untill this spring. I took it out for the first drive of the year and after the proper warmup, got on it. It felt a bit sluggish but I thought maybe I was just imagining it as I had just been in the FGT. Over the next few days it became apparent that when "warm" the car performed normally but with each successive WOT run through 1st gear the car runs slower to the point where after 5 runs the car acts like it has no blower on it at all.......maybe even down to around a 400 hp feel! I have had the car to the garage that does all my work ( did the installation and are very trustworthy) and after changing the O2 sensors and checking the boost (several times) they are at a loss to figure it out. A call to Paxton has not resulted in any help either. Has anyone had a similar experience or able to offer suggestions ?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Well either the belt is slipping and or also sounds like you are experiencing heat soak issues. Is it innercooled? They are saying the boost is not an issue? How many pounds of boost does it make?

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I believe it is building around 7 lbs boost....the boost level stays exactly the same whether it is working good or not. Yes, it is intercooled. Heat soak has been ruled out because I put 4000 trouble free miles on it before this issued showed up literally overnight!

H

HHGT

Clutch?

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
bad/old gas?

freeflyer

GT Owner/ Forum Sponsor
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 12, 2007
Montana
Check the intercooler water pump. If the pump is not running the IAT's will rise. Once this happens the ecu pulls timing.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Check the intercooler water pump. If the pump is not running the IAT's will rise. Once this happens the ecu pulls timing.

Thanks...I will check the pump....it does react as if the timing is being backed off. Paxton recommended I send them the ecu to to look at as a last resort but I would like to solve the problem without sending parts away. Thanks again for your suggestion !

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Sounds like something is pulling timing, or it may be time to do a compression check.

Cody

GT Owner
Feb 1, 2007
Bee Cave/Lakeway,TX
Have you tried putting it on a dyno? Are you running the Split Second and FMU that comes with the Paxton kit?