supercharger and twin turbo comparison

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
The supercharger would come off and a custom intake would need to be fabricated.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Gotcha!

Only 'real life' issue I'd see is the drivablility and response in acceleration. No doubt you'd get nice wheelspin with the turbo, but accelerating on a track or streetcorner I'm not sure the lag you'd get is worth it. It would sure feel like a rocket at somepoint in time on a straight line thought. nice punch. I had a maserati 3200GT Biturbo, nice car and great punch, but drivability on a track, another story.
Or, for that matter, try driving up a mountain road with tight corners and fairly straight pieces in between. You'd need to shift all the time...
Lets see what the heffner TTGT will do.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Hey papertigers, let's all just overdo it, ...rrighty !?

One more issue of course.... Clutch !

read below on the Veyron (as you are going to deal with the same issue):

'Meanwhile, British-based engineering firm Ricardo has been awarded the RAC's Dewar Trophy in recognition of the 'innovative design and development work' it undertook on the Veyron's Dual Clutch Transmission technology. The unique seven-speed transmission had to be strong enough to withstand the little matter of 1000bhp and 922lb ft of torque.'

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Yes, the clutch will be one of the many issues to address, fuel, spark, engine management, etc.

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Once a TT GT is completed and shows its stuff, people will begin to realize that turbos are the only way to go for serious performance of any kind, including the street. There is only ONE area that a supercharger exceeds turbos and that is in economy. No doubt superchargers are cheaper but if you want to go fast, turbos are the ultimate. :banana

As far as racing goes, superchargers only win races when turbos are outlawed.