Supercar Sunday 10/6 - Woodland Hills

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Coming up soon. What's the plan?

Didn't realize SSC starts at 7AM. 3 hour drive for me. Ugh, that morning is gonna hurt. ENZO BTR, you can't complain! :wink
A group of us local guys are planning to leave the Super Car Sunday event around 9:00am and head out to the coast via one of the canyon roads ( Topanga, Malibu,... ,?) for a quick breakfast stop in Malibu. From there (for those that wish to) , drive up the coast on PCH to Oxnard/Ventura where we'll pick-up the 101 Freeway for the return home.
We'd welcome anyone that wishes to join us.
Ron (#1416)

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
See all of you there... I'm in.

pvgtX2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 16, 2012
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
ill be there Ron.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Can someone save me a spot? I understand that spots fill up quickly. Little to no chance I'll be able to get there early seeing as I already have to leave at 4AM.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
4AM.... 99 South to I5 South.... should be able to average 100mph? No? I say two hours max! :)

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Can someone save me a spot? I understand that spots fill up quickly. Little to no chance I'll be able to get there early seeing as I already have to leave at 4AM.

Will try to, but see the following link to the "Rules".
http://www.supercarsunday.com/rules
Since FGT /Shelby/Corba are the "featured" car at this Super Car Sunday, we have reserved spots in the first row immediate adjacent to Topanga Cyn Blvd ( but on first come basis).
But, if Kendall/Ryan are correct , you should be the first ones there(?).
Another tough one for us is the "single space" rule. That makes it difficult to swing our doors out enough to get out of the car without having to crawl on all fours.

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Dustin the organizer is very cool and knows our cars and will make sure our spots have plenty of space for doors to open. He is a young tall guy and wears an Orange baseball cap so look for him as you pull in.

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
I just touched base with Dustin and he will make sure we have spaces. But he asked me to give him an approximate headcount. I told him Im sure there will be many others outside of our group coming on their own but my guess was 10-12 of us??? Ron, can you chime in give me an idea since you have touched base with some members on this?

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
I just touched base with Dustin and he will make sure we have spaces. But he asked me to give him an approximate headcount. I told him Im sure there will be many others outside of our group coming on their own but my guess was 10-12 of us??? Ron, can you chime in give me an idea since you have touched base with some members on this?
Arya,

I have (8) positive responses from our group, and I see a couple of more on this thread. And, surely we'll pick-up a few more SoCal locals . So, I think conservatively your estimate of 10-12 is a good one.
BTW, thanks for taking the initiative to address ( and do something) about this issue.
Ron

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
These lists never do very well as copying, adding your name, and reposting is more difficult then replying "I'll be there". But we'll see how it does..... add your name to the list if you plan on going.

1) ron1416
2) pvgtx2
3) KJRGT
4) Hollywoodstunts
5) the Wizard
6) Greg-TT
7) GEE-TEE
8) ENZO BTR
9) nota4re
10) bonehead (still tentative at this point)

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
These lists never do very well as copying, adding your name, and reposting is more difficult then replying "I'll be there". But we'll see how it does..... add your name to the list if you plan on going.

1) ron1416
2) pvgtx2
3) KJRGT
4) Hollywoodstunts
5) the Wizard
6) Greg-TT
7) GEE-TEE
8) ENZO BTR
9) nota4re

You can add (3) more that have indicated they plan to attend ( Bob, Phil & Merv).
Jay Leno may be there (?) with either his FGT or GT350 or Cobra. He's been known to attend this event.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
You can add (3) more that have indicated they plan to attend ( Bob, Phil & Merv).
Jay Leno may be there (?) with either his FGT or GT350 or Cobra. He's been known to attend this event.

:lol Nevermind.
1) ron1416
2) pvgtx2
3) KJRGT
4) Hollywoodstunts
5) the Wizard
6) Greg-TT
7) GEE-TEE
8) ENZO BTR
9) nota4re
11) Bob
12) Phil
13) Merv
14) Jay Leno?!?!?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Ryan is bringing a GT too!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
1) ron1416
2) pvgtx2
3) KJRGT
4) Hollywoodstunts
5) the Wizard
6) Greg-TT
7) GEE-TEE
8) ENZO BTR
9) nota4re
11) Bob
12) Phil
13) Merv
14) Jay Leno?!?!?
15) Ryan Pond

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Kanan Dume rd is best Canyon route to Malibu (Leno uses it often); broader sweeping turns and vistas v. Topangas switch-backs.

Trancas Market past Zuma Beach has a Starbucks and a Vintage Grocers with breakfast wraps, bakery, etc, with huge lot out front

Malibu Roadhouse @ Solstice Canyon on PCH is an anlternate spot; just opened for a later Brunch

http://m.la.eater.com/archives/2014...vage_fusing_into_ranch_at_solstice_canyon.php

Mugu Point is a good spot with turn-out for pics, about half way out to Ventura (see pics) and then onward to Oxnard or loop back to take canyons back to 101.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Nice guys. Dustin has promised he will get us designated spaces, I will tell him we are at least 15 possibly 20 if other GT owners roll in on their own. Malibu Canyon is also a good choice and plenty of parking in the Countrymart area and places to grap a coffee. Actually the BMW Z8 group has always wanted to connect with us and they will be having breakfast at the Marmalade cafe in Malibu and then take off around 930-10 to a short Coast ride... Anyways we can decide on the drive when we all get there and whatever everyone agrees to. Try to get to SCS early so we can all park together.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Would be cool to see the Z8 guys...even though I already missed the window on getting one of those at a low price. :( But still love 'em!

GEE-TEE, I've been to SCS several times, but know it starts a little later than Cars & Coffee in Irvine. BUT -- I don't want to be late. What time would you say is "early" for Cars & Coffee? Should I plan on 6 am arrival to be safe? Even earlier? Thx!

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Hi. I beleive the official start time for public is 7am-10am. But for cars its typically 6:30 some people get there at 6am and the real diehards even earlier. I think 6:30 is a good time or maybe few minutes before. The problem with getting there at 7am is it starts to get busy and harder to reach your group in the lot although Dustin will be saving your spot. 6:30

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Perfect. Thanks!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Looking forward to it. Hollywoodstunts and I will be there about 7:00.
Hey Kayvan, why don't you join us?