Subwoofer enclosures; LAST CALL

Aug 25, 2006
This is my final attempt to make certain that everyone has been given ample time to make a decission about the subwoofer enclosures and that no one has been missed.

If you review the "Subwoofer enclosures" thread you can verify whether your funds have been received and "IF NOT" and they are on the way "Please" let me know "ASAP" because Ash is preparing to begin the fabrication process.

Takes care

Shadowman

Aug 25, 2006
Just a general "UPDATE" for all the folks with subwoofer enclosures being fabricated.

Ash has begun the process with the completion expected sometime next week after which they will ship via FedEx as each have instructed.

FYI; Ash and I discussed the enclosures last night and he is going to take them to an even greater level when compared to the one we designed and fabricated for my gal.

Each enclosure will be constructed with cabinet like finish work with extreme attention to detail which Ash is known for; particularly when it comes to speaker design and cabinet work. Add to this the exterior trim work will compliment the already wonderful GT interior and then in addition to completely sealing the enclosures and pre-fitting the subwoofer so that once received yours will simply be screwed into place he will also be hand lining each box with a DynaMat style material thus insuring the highest quality enclosure possible.

The total production run became 11 units and to a person I remain confident that you will be very happy once the relatively easy conversion has been completed.

To a person of you have "any" questions please ask ACRJoe and or myself.

Takes care

Shadowman

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
Thanks for letting me slip in under the wire! :cheers

Aug 25, 2006
getbit said:
Thanks for letting me slip in under the wire! :cheers

You are most welcome; furthermore I truly enjoyed the chat today.

Enjoy your gal and the time with her as the miles unfold.

Takes care

Shadowman

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
If anyone needs the stock engine cover I think I can get them for $1400. Mine is due next week. Ford had 6 in stock when I ordered. I'm doing my own box with a little different plan.

Aug 25, 2006
Uuuugh

Folks I have had several PM's as this process comes to a close asking if any enclosures remain available.

The fabrication process has begun and yet "IF" you want one of these enclosures "PLEASE" PM me so arrangements can be made today so one can be put into the proverbial "Q" for you otherwise sadly there will be none available for you. These are not a shelf item but rather a custom enclosure being fabricated on a pre-order basis.

FYI, I just spoke with Ash moments ago and added 2 more to his list to which he said "no problem just let me know ASAP exactly how many". At this time he is fabricating 13 enclosures.

BTW "Chip Beck" if you read this "PLEASE" call me. I sent you a PM and a personal email.

All the best

Shadowman

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
And just a note of interest . If you are making this mod and need a factory center console I will have a interesting Carbon Fiber one shortly... I'll post info as soon as it's available.

Aug 25, 2006
UPDATE as of Sunday 11-19-06

I spent a few hours with Ash last night as he showed me the enclosures being fabricated. He has completed all of the preliminary wood work; meaning everything has been cut and he had even made a model of one for me to look at showing me the final assembly process for me to sign off on.

Because mine was the first it would likely be referred to as a mock-up however from it a final build design was established; all I can say is “OMG”.

He has taken the project very seriously and is building a truly awesome furniture quality enclosure. The all the joint have been mitered, internal bracing, the subwoofer is recessed and then one of the last steps is to hand line the inside of the enclosure before filling it with Polly-Fill (or whatever it is called; it looks like angle hair to me). The entire assembly fits together like a fine jigsaw puzzle.

The timeline remains similar to initially presented. Ash told me only moments ago that because of the number of enclosures being fabricated it will require the entire week to complete them with the goal to have them ready for me on or about 11-26-06 (Sunday) and then they will be packaged and sent by FedEx to all.

You folks are in for a finished piece that will likely exceed your present expectations.

Lastly; because these enclosures are completely sealed we decided to install the subwoofer extension lead in each of them so that once received you will only have to install the OEM plug end off your subwoofer and then either solder (which is how it was done initially) the two leads to the speaker side or use the optional spade connectors as designed on the subwoofer. The speaker wire being used is a high quality lead with a blue sheathing that can not be seen once installed except for the last 8" where it connects to the AMP. I share this because in advance you may want to pick up a piece of loom style; cloth or nylon solid wrap preferably not the accordion style plastic wire cover that has a seam running the entire length as the means for a final finishing touch. The subwoofer lead being installed will be approximately 4’ on the exterior of the enclosure and approximately 2’ on the inside. The 2’ on the inside is so that you can attach the leads to the subwoofer and then let it rest on the floor as the enclosure is secured into place. Then you will tuck the extra wire into the enclosure as you insert the subwoofer for final securing with your present OEM subwoofer securing screws.

That is all for now

Takes care

Shadowman

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Yahoo!! Can't wait to begin my winter project!
Thanks!

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Big Mac ..... Going, Going

I know I speak for many on this Forum when I say thank you (Shadowman) for all the effort you put into this project. I am really excited about the progress that has been made to date and confident of a 100% perfect solution.

I can hardly believe how wrapped around the axle I got over the Big Mac issue, but I did and it's being corrected. I tidied up a few final details today and can confidently state that the design and craftsmanship are equal to luxury OEM quality. When the speaker arrives, it will be plug and play; literally. I'll post a few photos later this week.

BTW, I secured the amp using matte black acorn nuts and washers to render the modification even more innocuous. The left side amp mounting panel is secured with two 6mm screws which I hid using matter black screw covers. Attention to detail makes all the difference.

EdsGt

GT Owner
Aug 27, 2006
Hi Shadowman
Sorry I missed the enclosure info. I would like toreplace the sub in my car. If they become available again please let me know all the info.

Thanks

Ed

Aug 25, 2006
UPDATE Sunday 11-2606

I just spoke with Ash and all of the enclosures have been fabricated, the ends have all been wrapped and the subwoofer wire has been installed and sealed. He is presently completing the finish work that includes the exterior wrapping and interior lining. FYI; the body of the enclosures were fabricated and then will be wrapped and the inside lined afterwhich the already wrapped ends aka caps will be inserted and then pined and bonded into place. These are like cool 3D puzzles.

I was told that there will be a group of them ready for me to pick up tomorrow evening, another group by Thursday evening, with the final enclosures to be ready during the week-end of 12-02-06. Those that I pick up tomorrow will ship on Tuesday and those picked up on Thursday will ship on Friday with the balance of them shipped on 12-04 or 12-05.

Ash asked me to express his apology for not being able to complete all of them by today (he said that it is not for lack of effort or time spent; he simply wants to a person a beautiful piece to be received and the detail work is taking longer than expected) to which I said that I was more concerned with the finished pieces when compared to a few extra days. FYI; mine is wonderful but as I explained it was the first piece aka proto-type from which much was learned as such these being completed are even nicer; if this were possible.

He shared that they look fricken AWESOME and is certain that to a person all will be very happy.

I hope that every one understands and are able to remain relaxed just a little bit longer.

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Shadowman-

Thanks for the update. I can't wait to see the finished product. :thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Thanks for the update and taking on this project! :thumbsup

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Shadowman said:
UPDATE Sunday 11-2606
I hope that every one understands and are able to remain relaxed just a little bit longer.
Not a problem at all. Good things are worth waiting for.

JCE-GT

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2006
Mission Viejo, CA
Shadowman (and all),

I'm pleased to inform you that I'm now officially a Ford GT Forum member, and I greatly look forward to the receipt of the subwoofer enclosure which I ordered prior to becoming a member. Iwould like to extend a sincere note of appreciation to you for your efforts as related to the sub enclosure offering, (as I did in my e-mail to you), as well as to the efforts extended by both Ash and ACRJoe.

As one of the newest members of this fabulous forum, I would be remiss to not also thank all envolved in the creation of the Ford GT Forum. After all, without it, I would never have known about the sub-woofer enclosure,.... and all of the other fabulous topics that have been posted since it was established. Thanks to everyone.

Being a Southern Califonia GT owner I anxiously look forward to this Saturday morning's GT gathering (December 2nd) at the Ford Design Center in Irvine. My first post, but for sure it won't be my last. I'm one happy Ford GT owner!! Thanks again everyone!!

JCE-GT
2006 # 0187- Tungsten (RT8); Red Calipers (66R); McIntosh (582); Silver LeMans Stripe (SSI); and BBS Lightweight Alloys (64H)

Aug 25, 2006
Welcome

I could not agree more that this is truly one of the best Forums out there.

From a personal standpoint I appreciate the kind words with regards to the subwoffer enclosure. This is a wonderful example of how a quality Forum should operate.

Takes care

Shadowman

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I like how there is very little fighting and the egos are either kept in check or don't exist. Oh and how my car is the most bestest.

Aug 25, 2006
UPDATE 11-29-06

Here are a couple pictures and even more importantly the confirmation that the first batch have shipped.

1. Craig
2. SteveA
3. Florida Chris
4. John Eberhart
5. Tungsten
6. ACRJoe
7. RSR1975
8. Scott Kilpatrick
9. BJ

These have shipped by FedEx and the final batch will ship the beginning of next week.

They are awesome and once received I hope that all enjoy and appreciate all the work that Ash put into them.

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC00326.JPG
    DSC00326.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC00327.JPG
    DSC00327.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 198

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Can I have the one on the lower left? It looks a bit lighter.