Stupid Hurricanes

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Well, all us Florida people are looking at a hurricane again, just a day or two before the Rally. I hope it doesn't cause trouble and we all make it to the Rally.

We are currenly looking to ship our cars a day or two earlier, hope we end up making too. Would suck to ship out cars then not make the trip ourselves.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
We don't need no stinkin' hurricane. Four in two years was enough.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I live in the Hurricane magnet state - North Carolina!

The only good Hurricane's are the 2006 World Champion Stanley Cup Winner's from Raleigh!

- yes we have a hockey team :cheers the only professional sport in Raleigh!!

Good luck my southern neighbors and send the weather elsewhere please...... I will need to get home after Detroit!

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Mad, if you stand on top of one of those mountains and blow south it should help us all. :thumbsup

prmoldoaks

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2006
Hope you guys in the US have a good rally and the Hurricans leave you well alone.

We here in the UK get some pretty duff weather but nothing that bad yet ????

We have a major event this weekend, I'm taking along my GT, there are 500 Classic and Sports cars at the Helmingham Hall event in Suffolk UK.

We may get rain but thats it.

Hope all goes well for you guys, wish I could be there

Regards

Patrick

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
SuperB said:
Would suck to ship out cars then not make the trip ourselves.

I'm not taking mine, so you can send me your keys and I will take care of it for you :biggrin

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
- Guys, think positive-- they will be out of the canes' path. I'm sure someone would start them up for us. --Just to make sure our batteries don't drain.

Manny

See above- already someone helping out.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I have over 100,000 sqft of warehouses in miami that I can't get windstorm insurance for, to put it nicely if we get another storm, I'M ****ED! Between the rising interest rates, insurance thats gone up 300% (if you can get it) and the rising property taxes, if the government doesn't step in to at least solve the insurance issues, I think the bottom is going to fall out of the S. Florida real estate market. God forbid we get hit by another storm...

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
FYI
Having State Farm insure your house in Miami is more unique than owning a gt.

It is out of control-- but then so are these freaking storms.

And then try to get the damage repaired afterwards!!!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Saying a special prayer tonight for all you folks!!
God Bless you!
daniel

Fuelman

GT Owner
May 15, 2006
Orlando, Fl
My car is shipping out Monday, I just hope this storm doesn't throttle up. Maybe we should start detonating tactical nukes into the center of the storms and blow them up, this way I can make it to the Ralley.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Looks like we dodged a bullet with T.S. Chris. Maybe some rain but nothing else for Florida.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Weather.com - "Chris peters out"

"12:20Am Friday August 4th- There are very few thunderstorms associated with Tropical strom Chris. Chris could remain in a non-favorable environment for immediate development as both it and an upper-level low head westward in tandem. The forecast track takes Chris north of Hispaniola and toward Cuba as a tropical depression.

A tropical storm watch is in effect for the Turks and Caicos Islands, the southeastern Bahamas and the north coast of the Dominican Republic.

Even the rain threat from Chris is diminishing, but the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic could see some additional heavy showers.

In the eastern Pacific, the final advisories have been issued for Tropical Depressions Fabio and Gilma."

Please somebody tell me what the hell does this all mean. "It's all elephant Talk ! :bored

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
MAD IN NC said:
"12:20Am Friday August 4th- There are very few thunderstorms associated with Tropical strom Chris. Chris could remain in a non-favorable environment for immediate development as both it and an upper-level low head westward in tandem. The forecast track takes Chris north of Hispaniola and toward Cuba as a tropical depression.

A tropical storm watch is in effect for the Turks and Caicos Islands, the southeastern Bahamas and the north coast of the Dominican Republic.

Even the rain threat from Chris is diminishing, but the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic could see some additional heavy showers.

In the eastern Pacific, the final advisories have been issued for Tropical Depressions Fabio and Gilma."

Please somebody tell me what the hell does this all mean. "It's all elephant Talk ! :bored

it means 98 degrees and sunny in Fresno tomorrow :biggrin
Glad the Juice state dodged another bullet :wink

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Gilma? Who picks these names?

jimfro

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2006
Sebring, Florida
Hurricaines

Any Florida owner along the coasts who is threatened by a storm is welcome to bring thier cars inland and I will store them until the threat is over we have 25,000 Sq Ft of Aircraft hangars and wethered all 4 storms with no damage.

I can be reached via email or phone jim@highlandsaviation.com or 863 452 2600

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Well at least the rain looks like it's making it's way to Detroit just in time for the Rally. In the ten day forecast, guess which 3 days have rain :rolleyes

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Weather forcasts are entirely unreliable :lol

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
DBK said:
Well at least the rain looks like it's making it's way to Detroit just in time for the Rally. In the ten day forecast, guess which 3 days have rain :rolleyes

Come on Dave. Lets be opptomistic :wink My Steeda rep is letting me have his Grabber orange Steeda "Q" for the weekend to display at the "Mustang Memories" car show at "Green Mead" in Livonia on Sunday. Cal Jerry Hodak and tell him he will have to do better than that :lol

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
My wife used to work at Steeda, long ago, got fired/er laid-off :frown
I keep thinking I should take her for a GT ride down to steeda and do donuts in the parking lot :biggrin

They were pretty nice people, took us to the Seabring track and gave us a ride. Man I'd love to do that in the Gt.