GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Back in high school 2 friends of mine had diplomatic immunity. We would get pulled over and they would pull out this piece of paper and the cops would call it in and come back and let us go. This is in the same ballpark.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
There are a number of places in this country wherein it's not unheard of for 'the locals' take it upon themselves to deal with people whom "the law" won't/can't. (E.g.: I seem to recall a certain town [Skidmore, Mo.] wherein the residents got REAL tired of their town bully and 'took it upon themselves to rid their town of him when "the law" failed to do so. A movie was made about that as I recall...)

The boys in this vid are fortunate they live where they do.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
If one of those idiots hurt someone in my family, I'd prefer that the police didn't get involved anyway.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/150546.pdf

Last edited:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Go to their country, and break their laws, you go to jail. Diplomatic immunity can even shield in this country for murder. It's ridiculous!!!

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
I thought these guys killed those guys a long time ago, no?

Attachments

• lethal_weapon_3.jpg
    lethal_weapon_3.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 199

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Can Trump fix this ?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The issue of diplomatic immunity comes up all the time. The problem with erasing it here would mean erasing it from where our diplomats are, and while we have laws to protect innocents, the other places aren't so friendly. Without immunity our diplomats will be a great risk since something as simple as chewing gum in Singapore can land you in jail. I think the concensus is we gain more from this than we lose.

P.S. I think the original intent is to keep cars from being towed around the UN building. On the other hand, moving violations shouldn't be excused. Read what it says about DUI - the officers can do almost everything that would result in a conviction, but the person can disagree with everything and not be compelled to, for example, a breath/blood test. A US person would then have a second charge but the immune diplomat walks away from it all anyway, so they don't even bother.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
So is it a LaFerrari?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

"...they appear to have skipped town..." :rofl 'Figures, doesn't it!

Biggggg 'tough guys' on the vid ("F--- America"..."Get the f--- out"..."I could kill you and get away with it.") - then they pack their bags and run! :rofl