Strange Electrical Problem

hydouken

GT Owner
May 16, 2011
I was just curious if anyone has had this problem before.
Any tips on where to start looking?
I hope the answer isnt "start tracing wires buddy"......

When I turn on the headlights the windshield wipers turn on as well.
Also when the headlights are turned off and windshield wipers are turned on they dont wipe smoothly, the wiper arms twitch across the glass.
Any guesses?
Thanks

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Your front trunk is not closed. Read your owners manual.

hydouken

GT Owner
May 16, 2011
:eek
I will try that when i get home......feeling stupid now.
By the way you wouldnt happen to know what page in the manual says this?
Thanks again

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Wow, he doesn't mince words, does he?

:)

hydouken

GT Owner
May 16, 2011
Wow, he doesn't mince words, does he?

:)

Just the facts and straight to the point.
I just hope that resolves my problem

hydouken

GT Owner
May 16, 2011

I just carefully flipped through the 2006 owners manual and didn't see any mention of this.
I won't have access to the car until Saturday and wanted to see/read about it in the owners manual.
Anyone know what page this is on?

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
The guy was just asking for help!
I don't see the need to be terse.
Mark

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mark

That's just Franks way of friendly humor. LOL

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
If that does not work, check the battery ground.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
I am pretty familiar with the manual, I`ve never come across that problem.. Page number would be great

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Come to a rally and meet dr frank, you will then you will better understand. It's all good.

Mark

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I thought Frank was being ultra-polite. On any other forum, the answer would have been "RTFM."

I think a bad ground is more likely, but obviously giving the hood a slam is worth a try.

P. 31 "NOTE: The wipers will operate only in high speed mode if the luggage compartment hood is not fully closed."

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sorry - I thought a quick answer was more important to an owner with a problem than a long diatribe. Perhaps next time you can contribute the answer in whatever form suits you?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Sorry - I thought a quick answer was more important to an owner with a problem than a long diatribe. Perhaps next time you can contribute the answer in whatever form suits you?

Maybe you should let Indy answer first. :lol

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

You know, sometimes I get the distinct feeling that this forum is really only for a select group of "regulars", who know each other through regular attendance at GT events, or have been on this forum for years, etc. (or perhaps thats just how a vocal faction of the community makes one feel). Consider the possibility that when you reply to somebody, they have no idea who you are, or how your sense of humor functions. Granted, it sounds like you really don't care if you come off to others as an impatient and gruff.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Come to a rally and meet dr frank, you will then you will better understand. It's all good.

To know Frank is to love Frank
We love Frank

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
You know, sometimes I get the distinct feeling that this forum is really only for a select group of "regulars", who know each other through regular attendance at GT events, or have been on this forum for years, etc. (or perhaps thats just how a vocal faction of the community makes one feel).

I'm sorry you get that vibe. I hope that isn't a common perception. Since I joined in 2006, I've always found the forum to be welcoming even though I haven't attended functions with any regularity. I rarely spend time on other boards because many of them are juvenile, rude and outright hostile to new members.

I understand your observations about Frank's post (and the same criticism can be fairly leveled at some of mine), but I would give those who post the benefit of the doubt concerning their good intentions. When read that way, the forum is much more enjoyable. I get your point though. The informal way we communicate on the internet certainly has the appearance sometimes that none of us have any social skills at all.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Mark

Thats Frank - he must be at work. Wonder if he has knife in hand?

And if you think thats terse, hang on as there is a lot worse out there

Last edited:

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
To know Frank is to love Frank
We love Frank

He does kind of grow on you.
It's an aquired taste. :)

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Dr. Frank is one cool dude. I want him for my doctor after I die.