Stock wheel widths

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
I have been unable to find the stock wheel widths in other threads or in the manual. Does anyone have the sizes for me?

Thanks.

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
fronts are 9"
rears are 11.5"

Last edited:

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
Thanks. I was measuring 9.5 on front. Good thing I asked.

:cheers

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Thanks. I was measuring 9.5 on front. Good thing I asked.
I was convinced that the front wheels were indeed 9.5" but I can't find any docs to prove it just yet.

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Sorry, after reading my post, I noticed that I made a typo. Front wheel widths are 9"
You can get the info from http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/wheel_rack.asp?partbasketid=33

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
wheel widths

How does Ford (& others) measure wheel widths? They must measure from the inside (tire off) since I get larger measurements from the outside. I measured from the flat edge (not the outer most part of the rim) & come up with 9.5" front & 12.0" rear. I did the some thing on my aftermarket GT rims from CC Wheels & came up with the same rim widths they did.

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
How does Ford (& others) measure wheel widths? They must measure from the inside (tire off) since I get larger measurements from the outside. I measured from the flat edge (not the outer most part of the rim) & come up with 9.5" front & 12.0" rear. I did the some thing on my aftermarket GT rims from CC Wheels & came up with the same rim widths they did.

Ed

Ed you got some pics of the CCW's on the car ??

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
CC wheels

Stormcat - I'll take photos tomorrow (today for you!) of my CC wheels. I just installed them tonight. I thought of you since the Goodyear slicks come with sidewall lettering!

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Stormcat - I'll take photos tomorrow (today for you!) of my CC wheels. I just installed them tonight. I thought of you since the Goodyear slicks come with sidewall lettering!

Ed

Oh ya we gota see that !!!! :thumbsup.. So spill the beans on the Good Year Slicks Vs the Hoosiers ???
I got my halon system in and all of my famous Ed sticker on. When I get back from Iowa I'll post some photos...

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
wheels

Stormcat - I started a thread in GT Tech on the wheels. Very cool, very light. John at CC Wheel can dp a 19" rear if someone wants road over track use. The 18" rear has many more options for track tires.

In response to your question on Hoosiers vs Goodyear slicks. The slicks need to be heated up before they stick. I drive on the street with them sometimes but you have to be careful. The Hoosiers earn their DOT rating as they stick even when cold but get better, of course, when heated up. Hoosiers - road and/or track, Slicks - track only.

Ed