Stock GT Clutch

Extreme281

Extreme281
Aug 23, 2009
Im getting clutch slipage when i power shift the car with minor bolt ons ,620/630 lb rwhp .I would of assumed the stock twin disk would take more abuse n power .Did you guys have any problems or what horsepower did you guys change it out at ? Thanks

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Mine started slipping ever so slightly after I installed a FRPP pulley/tune (~620 rwhp), did not slip prior to that. Have a Stillen now.

However, I distinctly remember the guy I bought it from mentioning his troubles with 3rd gear starts. I didn't know at the time that doing that was fatal, so I'm sure my stocker was damaged goods anyway.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The stock clutch is actually really stout, it just doesn't like being powershifted or slipped out of the hole. It will come back to life as long as you don't say, toast it in third. I ran the stock clutch for several thousand miles at 800 rwhp and up, but eventually it started to slip. It didn't ever slip for the 10,000 miles it was pulley/tune.

Aug 25, 2006
DBK stated it very well

If fully engaged they will take the torque and if they get hot will typically come back to life.

Shadowman