Stock blower problems....

gbvetracer

GT Owner
Jan 25, 2007
We need someones stock FGT dyno graph SHOWING BOOST. Does anyone have this to help us get a new blower under warrantee? Were sure the stock blower is defective but cant prove it to the dealer without dyno results from another stock GT. Problem IS, VERY FEW people are monitoring boost on their pulls, and you CANT use the gauge in the car. If you have had your car dyno'd and they measured boost, please post it. THANKS!!!!

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
I have stock and after whipple graphs of boost pressure, go to Kennedysdynotune.com and click on the GT info on the site. It is the tuner shop that did my car. If that does not work, PM me and I will try and post some pics of it.

Derry

gbvetracer

GT Owner
Jan 25, 2007
you didnt monitor boost....

Derry, I checked your site, but NO boost graph. We need boost numbers to prove a problem. You CANT use the gauge in the car.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I thought my blower was bad, not boosting past 9 1/2 to 10psi on the dyno. They figure out that the pressure by-pass was out of adjustment. 5 minutes and a wrench and it was up to 12psi. The car then dynoed at 560hp stock. Hope this is of some help.

gbvetracer

GT Owner
Jan 25, 2007
hey thanks for the post...but...

we played with that by-pass valve for hours...and even zip-tied it shut and did a pull... our problem isnt the bypass valve. Our tuner has worked on hundreds of cobras with the identical bypass valve setup, so hes sure thats not our problem The boost graph is NOT smooth as well as the high boost numbers being low... Nobody seems to monitor boost on the dyno, so nobody really knows how much boost they are making since the gauge in the car doesnt work....

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
I have a graph comparing it to a KB car if that will work.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Can't you just go by the power you are making? I would assume it would be relatively obvious if you were running low boost because your power would be abnormally low. Have they dynoed another stock GT?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
We are searching for a graph of a stock car for you w/ boost.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Can't you just go by the power you are making? I would assume it would be relatively obvious if you were running low boost because your power would be abnormally low. Have they dynoed another stock GT?

+1

gbvetracer

GT Owner
Jan 25, 2007
Need boost from dyno, NOT horsepower...

In order for the dealer to replace the blowe under warrantee, they are asking for a comparison from another stock blowers boost. The power our car puts out is NOT drastically down. Were talking about it being down on boost about 3 psi, so it still runs decent. Also the lack of a smooth curve and the presence of some dips and uneven-ness...indicates a problem also with the blower... SO, long story short, we need to SPECIFICALLY see the boost from the dyno. Since VERY few people EVER know their true boost, no doubt the power numbers will vary considerably.... my guess is due to the blower NOT working properly...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
In order for the dealer to replace the blowe under warrantee, they are asking for a comparison from another stock blowers boost. The power our car puts out is NOT drastically down. Were talking about it being down on boost about 3 psi, so it still runs decent. Also the lack of a smooth curve and the presence of some dips and uneven-ness...indicates a problem also with the blower... SO, long story short, we need to SPECIFICALLY see the boost from the dyno. Since VERY few people EVER know their true boost, no doubt the power numbers will vary considerably.... my guess is due to the blower NOT working properly...

the dealer is asking the owner for a graph???
what is wrong with this picture???:bs :bs :bs :bs

trackmeister

GT Owner
Jan 19, 2007
This is a new and interesting issue. What can go wrong inside the blower to cause low boost but not a total failure?

I thought my blower was bad, not boosting past 9 1/2 to 10psi on the dyno. They figure out that the pressure by-pass was out of adjustment. 5 minutes and a wrench and it was up to 12psi. The car then dynoed at 560hp stock. Hope this is of some help.

Steve, how did you know the by-pass needed some adjusting? Did you just increase the preload?

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Lower boost pressure could be a sign of a more efficient engine. But, I guess if that were the case, more hp/tq would be seen. Belt slip? Can you borrow a blower from a whipple conversion person, put it on and compare?

gbvetracer

GT Owner
Jan 25, 2007
borrowing and testing another stock blower..

Thats exactly what im working on now... this whole thing has been a total nightmare... trust me.... The FACT that 99.9 percent of the world has NO idea what boost they make is amazing to me. The boost these cars make SHOULD be AS important to monitor AS THE HORSEPOWER on the dyno....since the two are so closely connected... anyway... if someone has a defective blower, they'll just NEVER know it.... I found out ONLY since we saw the boost from the dyno...

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Most shop's dont have the analog modules and sensors used to reference boost. When I bought my current dyno back in January for the new facility I made sure it had every single option possible. I can log and graph any vehicle sensor as well. It's great

Thats exactly what im working on now... this whole thing has been a total nightmare... trust me.... The FACT that 99.9 percent of the world has NO idea what boost they make is amazing to me. The boost these cars make SHOULD be AS important to monitor AS THE HORSEPOWER on the dyno....since the two are so closely connected... anyway... if someone has a defective blower, they'll just NEVER know it.... I found out ONLY since we saw the boost from the dyno...

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I hope this is what you are looking for.:wink

Alternative Performance did the following.

Total stock
Total stock with tune
Then later we did a Kenny Bell blower snout & Accufab throttle body with SCT tune.

Click belwo it should take you to the stock and SCT tune only page with BOOST figures.

http://www.alternativeauto.com/prodserv/06_ford_gt_tune.html

gbvetracer

GT Owner
Jan 25, 2007
Yes, exactly! Thanks VERY much...

Could you please e-mail me that file so I can print it out and use it for the warrantee claim with Ford? email: "benza@fuse.net" ..thanks.. Also, if you got 581rwhp with the stock pulley on there with ONLY the tune, thats got to be some kind of a record! I have NEVER heard of anyone even close to that with a stock car.... All I can say is WOW... thanks again!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

need to borrow a blower
559 246 7943
in a box ready to go....

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
The shop that was looking into my boost issue kept focusing on the water temp of the intercooler. They said if there is a intercooler water temp issue ie. low water level, air pocket or debris blockage in the resesvoir, boost will continue to drop as the water and air temp goes up.

Does you car continue to drop off in boost after each dyno run and temps climb a bit or is it always at the same low pressure?

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Could you please e-mail me that file so I can print it out and use it for the warrantee claim with Ford? email: "benza@fuse.net" ..thanks.. Also, if you got 581rwhp with the stock pulley on there with ONLY the tune, thats got to be some kind of a record! I have NEVER heard of anyone even close to that with a stock car.... All I can say is WOW... thanks again!

I sent Lidio an e-mail and copied you but if you need anything just give him a call (number is on his website) and tell him you need Tom's stock dyno sheet.