stock airbox

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
I'd just pull off the top half of the airbox and see if the bottom half has been modified in any way. As others have said it looks like it was just a home made heat shield. As long as the airbox itself has not been modified I would just leave it alone.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Where did you get the car? From the previous owner? :confused

a forum member who didn't post much

car has been good. i just think he was overly proactive on the whole heat in the engine bay issue

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas

car has been good. i just think he was overly proactive on the whole heat in the engine bay issue

that's a understatement. :lol

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia

I wouldn't consider a new airbox, I would send a email to the previous owner thanking him for heat mod on the box!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I am glad I finally clicked this thread. :lol

That's nuts.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
and I thought he was kidding around with his first post, like Jamie said send the dude a thank you card!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
new air box is $600.

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
I'm too OCD to have that be part of my car. Or better yet, I'd order the new airbox and set it aside. If you're in the 'want an oem or want to get it back to oem' category, then having one at hand is worth it.
I purchased my car with 200 miles on it but it had a crack in the windshield. So the seller put an OEM windshield in before shipping it, but I also have a crated 'original Ford' windshield in my garage.
(BTW, that earlier entry of a > 5 month wait for a left headlight is really creeping me out; I can't afford the $$'s or space to build an extensive inventory; I sure hope that I won't have to get rid of this masterpiece)

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I am glad I finally clicked this thread. :lol

That's nuts.

I don't need your attitude Dave. :thumbsdow

jk :banana

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
CF airbox

I know we've discussed it before but what about a carbon fiber airbox? Maybe just the top section of the airbox? Kip - I want the first one!

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
CF airbox for sure!

Ok, how about this - full CF airbox with the lower half gold laser coated for heat resistance? Kip - are you listening? We need this. It's too cool. The best part of the GT is the engine bay. A gold & CF airbox would blow everyone away! It might be a few grams lighter.

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The stock air box is heavy, more like two BRICKs! A CF one would save more than 5 lbs. Gold, just like a McLaren. :thumbsup

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Gold?
Like moonwalking helmet shield gold?
Or bling gold?
??

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Gold?
Like moonwalking helmet shield gold?
Or bling gold?
??

Moonwalking :banana

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Moonwalking :banana

Need to clarify if he meant Apollo moonwalk or King of Pop moonwalking.:rofl:rofl

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
GT gold

Real gold! The NASA & McLaren stuff. Has anyone seen if Kip has started the airbox project yet?

Ed

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I'll give you 50 bucks for your honked up airbox.