Stillen Fender Splash Guards

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Stillen installed these on both GTs. Very happy with result. Pics attached....

Attachments

• New%20Garage%20012.jpg
    New%20Garage%20012.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 423
  • New%20Garage%20011.jpg
    New%20Garage%20011.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 421
  • New%20Garage%20013.jpg
    New%20Garage%20013.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 415
  • New%20Garage%20002.jpg
    New%20Garage%20002.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 422

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Hey George, they look sweet.
I have a set for the front and rear, have not installed them yet......just trying to get over drilling holes in the fender lips.
Did you prep and paint the urethane? If so, what was your process?
Thanks! :thumbsup

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
No prep, no paint and Stillen did the total install. Check with Kyle at Stillen because the front guards were made wrong and they will replace with proper ones that require no custom fit.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hey George.. They look nice !! So does the garage !!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
George is our role model for living well!! Sweet pictures, as always!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have them on order .I think they look great

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
oh , paint the screws!!
Ya, love the garage!!
real nice ,just in case you didn't know!!

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Very nice George !:thumbsup

road racer

GT Owner
May 22, 2007
Franklin, TN
How do the rears attach? Any drilling? Do the fronts line up with factory attachment points so that this mod is easily reversable? Thanks for the input before I order these puppies.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Do you have any full car pics so we can see how they blend with the lines of the car?

Beautiful garage, what's the floor done with?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
George, thanks for the update with Kyle. I have one of the old - non formed sets as was just about to hack at it with the dremel.

BTW - I'm going to use double sided tape for the rear's. Kyle said some have tried it at it works just fine.

Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Thanks George.
I was wondering about how those front ones fit over the black "lip" along the bottom of the rocker panels.....
I'll get in touch with Kyle to see if I have the newer versions, I sure don't like the current fit.
With regards to the rear ones, I'd be surprised (but quite pleasantly!) if the two sided tape alone kept them in place.

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Hey guys,

If you have the old style that have not been recessed and you would like the new versions please call me. I will have UPS pick up the old ones and we will ship out the new ones right away. I have already talked to some members regarding this issue. We are in production right now with the new molds and I should have a large batch ready to ship in the next day or two.

Thanks,

Kyle

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Kyle,
Will you be at Cars and Coffee this Saturday morning? If so, I will bring my front splash guards so you can check them out so see if I need the new ones.
In case you were unaware, Dave (this site administrator) and Camilo Pardo will be at C&C this Saturday.:thumbsup

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Kyle,
Will you be at Cars and Coffee this Saturday morning? If so, I will bring my front splash guards so you can check them out so see if I need the new ones.
In case you were unaware, Dave (this site administrator) and Camilo Pardo will be at C&C this Saturday.:thumbsup

I did hear that they were going to be down there. I am sure that I will be at the show this weekend. I will bring them with me and we can swap them out there.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Hey Kyle that would be great.
See you Saturday.

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
I've ordered a set of these and was wondering what non drilling alternatives people have come up with. I heard Stevea used silicone....if so how well did it hold.....and what kind of silicone? Do you know if permanent damage is done to the paint on the fenders with it?
I'm not going to drill so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks all
Lee

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I've ordered a set of these and was wondering what non drilling alternatives people have come up with. I heard Stevea used silicone....if so how well did it hold.....and what kind of silicone? Do you know if permanent damage is done to the paint on the fenders with it?
I'm not going to drill so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks all
Lee

Somelee, mine were installed by the GT Guys at the Rally. We looked at all the options but drilling new holes and came up with a combo of Black RTV silicone and the use of the original fender "buttons". I drove the car the next day at the rally through the mountains at a "good" pace and they worked perfect.
The only problem with the guards is they are very low and after lowering my car a little over an inch they (the splash guards) scrape on speed bumps. The cars clears the speed bumps fine.
I have also noticed that they do work quite well. After following a few other GTs through wet areas my GT still looked freshly washed, free of dirt/mud/debris and the other GTs did not.
If you plan on putting a lot of miles on your GT these guards will go a long way in saving your paint and keeping your car clean.

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Somelee, mine were installed by the GT Guys at the Rally. We looked at all the options but drilling new holes and came up with a combo of Black RTV silicone and the use of the original fender "buttons". I drove the car the next day at the rally through the mountains at a "good" pace and they worked perfect.
The only problem with the guards is they are very low and after lowering my car a little over an inch they (the splash guards) scrape on speed bumps. The cars clears the speed bumps fine.
I have also noticed that they do work quite well. After following a few other GTs through wet areas my GT still looked freshly washed, free of dirt/mud/debris and the other GTs did not.
If you plan on putting a lot of miles on your GT these guards will go a long way in saving your paint and keeping your car clean.

SteveA makes a good point. These do hang down a little bit lower than the bottom of the rockers. If you drive the car hard at a race track you might find that the guards are grinding on the ground a little bit under braking. On the New Zealand rally we actually ground down the guards quite a bit. They stayed on though and they protected the paint well. It's ok if they grind down, It's best to sacrifice these then the rockers/paint.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
George... looks good. Some day I am going to fix my garage up.....