Steathy Black

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Here's my black 05. 1800 miles so far although it's put up now for the winter.
Tom
The side stripe looks so sharp.................NICE :thumbsup

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
The side stripe looks so sharp.................NICE :thumbsup

not sure about it... the original looks better, to my liking..

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Me too. With red calipers!

Congratulations. Black is a great color for the GT. I've heard people call mine sinister and wicked.
[/IMG]

definitely is ! BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT, EVEN WITH THE WHEELS..on black better than the standard wheels ! wOULDN'T MIND ONE LIKE THAT !

PNicholson

IMHO - ANY GT looks great :) Have been going to Coffee & Cars in Irvine (CA) for a few weeks now. Week before last I took our Heritage and ended up parking next to 4 other GT's. I believe someone posted pictures at www.socalcarculture.com

Enjoying the Forum. Great place for GT enthusiasts.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
IMHO - ANY GT looks great :) Have been going to Coffee & Cars in Irvine (CA) for a few weeks now. Week before last I took our Heritage and ended up parking next to 4 other GT's. I believe someone posted pictures at www.socalcarculture.com

Enjoying the Forum. Great place for GT enthusiasts.

Welcome to the forum. Send a PM with your VIN to DBK and he'll change your status to owner. :cheers

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Roadtrip,

Thanks...What color is the 1st? my GT is indoors indoors with the other toys and covered so hopefully the sticker will not fade... j1-1858 will never see 200 miles...... 18 miles on the clock..:biggrin

Steve

It's yellow of course :thumbsup :biggrin

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
Rotation # ?

Steve the Rotation number is the sequence that the body in white was numbered at station 1 @ Saleen. In other words the numbered order of production for that model year. For what ever reasons, the VIN's are not necessarily in order. For instance, someone might be able to help, but the lowest VIN in 05 was something like 0045. So I think your # is 1886, and you will notice that your VIN is different (small metal plaque on drivers left under the windshield). This rotation number carried all the way through wixom, and was how Ford referred to each unit (not the VIN)

Andy
Rotation # on window is rot-3822 can any confirm that means the car was one of the last batch with such a high number

Thanks

Steve

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Yep, Black- The only way to go

Oh yeah, BLACK is truly beautiful!
Congrats, :thumbsup

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Black GT - the only way to fly!

Blk/ Slvr - even better:biggrin

The red ones look like a christmas tree when you add the nuclear light........:rofl

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, and people that worship the blue and orange are going to be black and blue.

Be that as it may, I've lost too much betting against them, so I'm out on the big game.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Hi folks, Just wanted to share a pic of my new 06 Black non stripe black calipers ALL AMERICAN I LOVE IT!

Steve

Congrats- this is my personal favorite color combo. Enjoy!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Yes, and people that worship the blue and orange are going to be black and blue.

Be that as it may, I've lost too much betting against them, so I'm out on the big game.

Don't worry Frank - I feel the same way..... Over the years I lost to much money betting with them! One game at half time they we're tied with Green Bay 7-7. I took a straight up bet and they lost something like 28 - 10:lol

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Rotation # on window is rot-3822 can any confirm that means the car was one of the last batch with such a high number

Thanks

Steve

Well there are 4038 total made and the last 100 were sent to canada, so yes that is pretty late.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Yea great looking car.

I have the same car.Specracer and i have the same, mine is just a 06.
Hey AZGT whats wrong with yellow its easyer to keep clean than my black
one.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Hey AZGT whats wrong with yellow its easyer to keep clean than my black
one.

Nothing. In fact, it is the BEST color followed by White / Blue :thumbsup Black is in there some where :lol

I was thankful it was another black car and not a yellow on the behalf of other stripeless yellow GT owners - makes ours more rare. :biggrin 172 Yellow cars rule.

Just be careful with the stealth black - I think people don't seem them (especially at night) as well as screaming (sorry, Speed) yella.

Last edited:

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Not if you are driving a Heritage. :lol :rofl :lol

You Are A Smart Man.:lol :rofl :lol

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Fred, you misconstrued my comment to Mike - I was referring to the Bears Blue/orange

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Just Couldn't Resist

Fred, you misconstrued my comment to Mike - I was referring to the Bears Blue/orange

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, :bang

I know, but just couldn't resist. :banana :banana :banana

Me Bad. :frown :biggrin :frown

Fred