State Farm: "Withdrawn from use" $200 savings

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
If you are storing your GT this winter call State Farm and request "withdrawn from use" coverage

It will temporarily drop your collision coverage until you are ready for spring (Jan-April); leaving full comp. and liability coverage in place (theft, fire, flood, vandalism, etc)

Saved me $200 off $650 6mo. Policy; with multiple cars this adds up!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I've been doing this with the AAA Auto Club insurance for the last 5 years. I just call my agent when I want it removed, and again when I wish to have it put back on. No fixed time period. I maintain the comprehensive and liability in case a tree falls on the garage.

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
If you are storing your GT this winter call State Farm and request "withdrawn from use" coverage

It will temporarily drop your collision coverage until you are ready for spring (Jan-April); leaving full comp. and liability coverage in place (theft, fire, flood, vandalism, etc)

Saved me $200 off $650 6mo. Policy; with multiple cars this adds up!

Found out each state is differfent. Check with your insurance company. I use to be able to do this in Illinois with a quick phone call to the insurance agent- but in North Carolina the "state" insurance nazi's won't let his happen. Full coverage for full year if you want a registration. If you put storage on the auto you have to turn plate in and re-register.

Life is to short to spend time waiting in DMV/ plate lines......