starting to have small problems

Gtcamel

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2012
hello guys been 2years now since i last posted a thread, i hope everyone are enjoying there cars as much as i do.
well first year since i had my car the windshield on my car headlights shows crakes on them, then the driver floor mat pealed off a bit :( tried to fix it with ford dealership and it was awful the work they have done… anyways then i tried to change the pulley with them and they couldn't pull out the MOE pulley off of the supercharge. maybe its time for a whipple 4.0 any suggestion on that please fill me in on that switch and does anyone of you run methanol on there cars with whipple if so does it run cool on the engine more then the gas.
last thing dose any1 have tried to run Michelin super cup tiers ?

am glad to have you guys in this forums and a big shout out to all members admins and venders

if anyone want to see my beauty i got pics in instgramm Hum1984aid
:thumbsup

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Headlights with cracks in them is a known issue. Some dealers warrantied even out of warranty cars in good faith.
But if they really bother you - you may want to replace them while there are still headlights in the pipeline - which is getting very low on stock from a few Ford Parts.
Search the forums for threads about this.

As for the floor mats de-laminating, a common issue! The glue used to make them has seeped out making a mess of your original floors.
Even some new old stock on dealers shelves have the same issue.

If they bug you enough - contact me directly to see some options for replacement floor mats!

Andrew

Gtcamel

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2012
thank you andrew , ill contact you soon on the floor mats

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
As for the whipple you will love it. I used to run methanol many years ago with lots of boost. I did temp readings before and after and found that there is more benefit from the octane boost them the cooling effect. I ran 50/50 water and methanol and 100% just too see what % would cool better and found not much difference. The best part was that I was running out of fuel injector and adding methanol lowered my a/f numbers a whole point giving me more room for tuning without adding a bigger pump or injector. I would do it again. The draw back is that methanol is very corrosive and it was hard on the pump I used to run the system. I added a little upper cylinder lube to the methanol tank to make parts last longer. PM me and I can give you more info if you want.

Mark
Smokdu

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Cont..

I kit I used had jets like nitrous systems use and I ran two line before a roots blower and a centrifugal blower spinning at 60000 rpm. Everyone said it would pit the blades of the blower but it never did. I think it might have cooled the blower down some and maybe that is why I did not see much of a air charge difference. These blowers get very hot especially the roots type sitting on top of a hot motor. I ran 93 octagon without any intercooler and 21 psi boost. The air temp after the blower were well into the 350 plus degrees so I know it worked as a octane boost. The reason I got rid of it was that I wanted to take out one more thing that could go wrong and blow the motor. I went air to water and race gas. For the street I would recommend it but if the pump fails you could run lean. I had mine setup to only come on after 8 psi boost and I never had any issues. I ran it for 4 years on 10 sec street car.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
For safety sake, try not tuning the car with the water meth injection. Just use the water injection as an octane booster, that way if you have a system failure no harm done.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
For safety sake, try not tuning the car with the water meth injection. Just use the water injection as an octane booster, that way if you have a system failure no harm done.

Not sure if that makes any sense sorry. Water is not a octane booster. I think you meant that it will cool down the air down but like I said not enough really to add any gains. I did testing on a Dyno back to back using 93 octane years ago at Anderson ford before they had a kit out. We made more more hp but that was with the same boost and more timing. You will gain more added timing because your octane is higher and you will not detonate. The only reason I would do it again is if I needed more octane or I was running out of fuel. Both good reasons to use it. I never had engine issues or corrosion because of it unless you just let it sit. The parts in the tank took the worst abuse. But we had a inline submerged pump in the tank and now they have external pumps. Much smarter.

After reading again I understand what you meant now. If you do this your tune will be off and running rich and you would make less hp so it would not be worth the effort. If you just had it spray for octane it would not do anything except make the tune rich and if you sprayed just a little I think it would do nothing for you.

Last edited:

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
anyways then i tried to change the pulley with them and they couldn't pull out the MOE pulley off of the supercharge. maybe its time for a whipple 4.0 any suggestion on that please fill me in on that switch

:thumbsup

SC pulley must be pressed off. Remove SC snout housing and take out the shaft. Support the pulley and press the shaft out. It's on there really tight and let's go with a bang.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Good post by SMOKDU on meth... Its a good option, as long as it works. If it fails, you'd better have some safety switches built in to warn you and reduce boost.

It's too bad you had problems at the dealership with your GT. I know that Ford tried to make these cars as easy to service as a mustang (they made some amazing parts to that end) but this car is just little intimidating for the average tech. Today's repair shows are more replacement shops... They plug in a computer that tells them to replace XYZ. A dealership that will actually dismantling, diagnose and modify parts is uncommon to the point of being unheard of. I would look for a speciality shop that is comfortable with high end cars. Then tell them to call Torie.

Last edited:

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
The cooling effect of water injection fools the engine into thinking it has higher octane, that was the original idea. It allowed higher compression in airplane engines.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Unless you are running a "race car", water/meth/washer fluid/ boost juice, should be considered a crutch just to keep things comfy.
I absolutely agree that if your tune "requires" water/meth to be safe you better make damn sure that you have some backup built into the system.
Otherwise a system failure could result in "BOOM".
My Best,
Mark