Standard Wheels on car, how much to buy Upgraded ones?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
I remember that post where a guy got his new car with the BBS rims, and got the dealership to throw in the stockers at 1600. But I just tried it the OTHER way, and the dealer told me, his net cost on the wheels was 4,340.00.

I thought it was stated that getting the stock wheels was a better option because you could get the upgraded ones for under 4k and basically get a set of stockers for free. Is this price just that bad? I know its a hundred or so below invoice cost of the upgraded wheels, but I thought the savings was much better then that.

I miss something?

Jon

neilhellr

GT Owner
Oct 14, 2005
Central IL
BBS Wheels

Jon,
I was under the same assumption you were. I remember messing around with this back about a year ago. Ford must have realized what was going on, and in turn upped the price of the optional wheels (through the parts dept.). I just walked back and had my guys price me a set of the upgrade wheels (I'm a Ford dealer). Cost came in at $3712.52 for the set of four. I'm like you, I remember them being cheaper a while back. Let me know if I can be of any help....

-Neil Heller
neilheller@hellerstores.com
Heritage 0009

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
I'm looking for a set of standard wheels if anyone has a set they'd like to sell.
Tom
email; scylla66@yahoo.com

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
There must be something up with the ford parts books. My dealer quoted a high price for the upgrade BBS wheels until I showed him the ford racing parts web site.

The dealer say there "may" be minor differences to the BBS wheels that ship on the car but couldn't say what... (based on their experience with mustang wheels)

Anyway, here is the link to the fordracingparts.com wheels.
front msrp @ $940
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=7617

rear mspr @ $999
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=7616

Has anyone bought an extra set of wheels from ford racing? Is there any difference with the OEM BBS wheels that shipped on the car? I'm going to order a set unless something comes thru with GT40 style knockoffs.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
I bounced off a curb and cracked a front wheel. I ordered and received a new one and it appeared to me to be the same as the origirnal. When I was looking for the wheel and called several suppliers, unless they were a Ford racing supplier the wheel was 500 to 600 more.