Squeaks

uniesse

GT Owner
Jun 23, 2006
I just took delivery of an 06 GT and I have terrible squeaks coming from several different areas. Sometimes I hear them in the dash area, sometimes from the console area - sometimes when I drive over bumps and sometimes not. To me it sounds like plastic rubbing on plastic. Has anyone else experienced these squeaks? They're not subtle. They're quite loud.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
uniesse said:
I just took delivery of an 06 GT and I have terrible squeaks coming from several different areas. Sometimes I hear them in the dash area, sometimes from the console area - sometimes when I drive over bumps and sometimes not. To me it sounds like plastic rubbing on plastic. Has anyone else experienced these squeaks? They're not subtle. They're quite loud.

I'm completely squeekless :thumbsup

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
I have not heard a single squeak or rattle. Very solid feeling car.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Squeeks

I can't hear anything over the tires. :rofl

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
uniesse said:
They're not subtle. They're quite loud.

Most of my squeaks went away after I got the Borla exhaust... :lol

uniesse said:

I would start with the brushed aluminum interior door trim panels on both doors. Mine as on other GT owners on this site have fallen / come off. I reinstalled mine with 3M commercial double sided tape.

JT