Spring Mountain Raceway, Las vegas

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
I am going to vegas with some friends, on march7th to the 9th. We have some activities scheduled for the three days. You can get all the info if you go to m-fest.com. I an not taking the gt, because I have no room for luggage and the wife.:lol On sunday we are going to the track with speedventures, all cars are welcome of course and it would be nice to see some vegas gt's out at the track. It will be my first time at that track, so if anyone would like to share some information it would be greatly appreciated.

thx

Last edited:

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
Spring Mountain

I am sorry to say that I will be in Phoenix racing the Porsche with NASA that weekend. Otherwise, it would be fun to take the GT to Spring Mountain as I have never driven there.

As an off-forum (is this OK to put it this way, Bony?) possibility for the time around the Rally III event, let me know who is interested. Tungsten has guaranteed:biggrin that he can get those of us that want to go out there on the track for a day of spirited driving.

I will start an off-site list of those interested and stay in touch.

Jim

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Jim
A-ok to develop your event on our forum.
Sounds great :)
Cheers,
Daniel

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
JimF, just sent in all my paperwork to NASA and will be getting instruction last weekend in April at Gateway in St. Louis area. Would love to do something in Vegas when there. Please put me on your list. Thanks Frank

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
Spring Mountain

Check, you are on the list.

Let me know how it goes. What are you driving?

Jim

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
My GT. Is there anything else?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
open track at Rally III

Please add me to your list for a Vegas open track during Rally III. Does this mean for sure that there will not be an open track as part of the Rally activities? I'd rather do the open track than a road drive - the open track is safer!

Ed

PS Of course I'd drive the GT.

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Whoa

I think you miss understood me. Spring Mountain is in Pahrump and I said I could gurantee you a great ride there. As I recall, you are the one with the spring mountain connections!
Tungsten:thumbsup

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I think I'm getting confused by some of the comments regarding track time during Rally III, so I'll state it clearly for the record:

I would LOVE to drive my GT on a racetrack during the Vegas Rally III. If there is the possibility of doing that I'm in!

Thanks!!

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Spring Mountain is a great technical track... good people there too...

Vintage Racer

Feb 24, 2008
Los Angeles
been to spring mountain once...time trials. keep in mind that it is a track designed by driving instructors. it's set up like buttonwillow...that is you can run two events at once. the largest configuration is about 18 turns and over three miles! hope to go there again in september.