Spray Gun Help

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I've done a fair amount of paint/body work in my younger days but am out of the loop in terms of who makes quality equipment at a fair price today. I'm convinced that a gravity fed HVLP system with one gun for primer and one for color/clear is what I need at a minimum.

Ideally, I would just like to copy the set-up of someone here, since un-like a web search I don't have to worry about ulterior motives. I will be using these as a hobby (NOT the GT) so frequent use is not a concern. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I have a Divilbiss that I found on the "bay" a few years ago. yes a gravity feed HVLP. Sata certainly also seems to have a good line. My painting is strictly for the race car, where perfection is FAR from needed. Anything important I would take to a pro.....

belgium GT

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2009
devilbiss or sata or the best on the markt.devilbiss gti is a good wan.we have only 4 sata s and i think 12 devilbiss spray guns.(i have togheter with my brother a buisniss we paint trucks, busses,cars,.....)

ATM empty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Southern California
Check out "TURBINAIRE" HVLP system. We use it to do onsite ATM painting were overspray is a problem on a daily bases. :thumbsup

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
I think Sata is the standard for the industry for finish work. You may want to look into guns for water base as this is the coming thing.

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
Spray guns

We have both Sata and DeVilbiss at my shop.

Sata has a really cool cup system that allows you to mix materials right in the gun cup.
http://www.sata-gmbh.com/Produkte/produkt.jsp?index=40-10

If you go with DeVilbiss, I like their Plus Gun series.

Often times, gun manufacturers will sell a package of everything you need as a kit. It will save you a load of money. I know that you can get a DeVilbiss Plus kit that has a regular gun as well as a detail gun. Their detail guns are really slick. It also includes all the different tips and nozzles you will need to shoot color and clear coat. That is an important consideration. Often, people don't change the tip sizes to match the material they are shooting and it does compromise their results. So shop for a package that includes a range of tips and nozzles.

As far as shooting primer, just get something cheap like a DeVilbiss Finish Line with the right tip size. There is no sense is using up your good top-coat gun for primer.