Spotless Water Sytem

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Wow! I don't know why I am amazed when something works as advertised. I bought a Spotless system from Costco a few months ago when it was last discussed here on the forum. I used it for the first time on the GT here in Florida (only the 3rd wet wash since I bought the car). We have well water that is essentially liquid rock. I let the car dry in the garage after rinsing...no wipe down...and it dried...spotless!

Time will tell how long the resin will last with this hard hard water. It might be cheaper to buy a lot of distilled water, but the ease of use is worth a lot to me.

:thumbsup :thumbsup

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That is good to know Gary. I have been on the fence about buying one, but you have convinced me. I suspect you will go through alot of resin with your well water.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I bought the same thing on the Costco deal. I don't want to say it's perfect, but it's definitely a TON better than using our water system alone. I still do a quick once over with a couple small microfiber towels to get the big puddles off, but the CRS is good to fend off the inevitable drips and streaks that find their way out of headlights, mirrors, and other crevices/trim.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Not really relating to the water filter but after washing I use my backpack blower to remove about 90% of the water. It does a great job especially on the cracks and and crevices you can't dry. Works great on the wheels and only takes about 3 minutes then finish with micro fiber towel.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I still haven't found the moving box with the blower in it. :lol

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
I would think if you made some type of conical tip for a blower that it would increase the air velocity and make a really nice blow dryer for a car!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Until it rockets off the end like a missile accidentally.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Hose clamps man!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Not really relating to the water filter but after washing I use my backpack blower to remove about 90% of the water. It does a great job especially on the cracks and and crevices you can't dry. Works great on the wheels and only takes about 3 minutes then finish with micro fiber towel.
The Spotless water system is excellent! The blower works really well too

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I, too, bought one a few weeks ago (a little Father's Day gift to myself)... I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but now I am excited to try it all over again.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I got the spotless water system for Father's Day. (Thank you Wifey and kids!) Haven't yet used it but hoping I get the same results.

Vince H

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The real trick is to take the nozzle off when you do your final rinse.
The water comes off like a sheet

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
This thing is a godsend for those of us with rock-like water. As long as the resin is charged, it shouldn't spot at all. Suboptimal results are usually the result of insufficient rinsing, dust that lands on a wet car after rinsing, or using too high a flow rate from the spigot that overwhelms the capacity of the resin.

Gary, PM incoming.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Watch the ppm meter, you get over 10, it goes up FAST, and anything over 20 will spot. I'm on my 3-4th resin. I just buy the raw resin and change it out of the cartridges.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I really don't get this. Something else to haul out, fool with, check levels, and continually buy bags for. I can use a foam gun, wash the car, scrub and power blow in no time with no spots. Unless I had truly awful water, why would I do this?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I really don't get this. Something else to haul out, fool with, check levels, and continually buy bags for. I can use a foam gun, wash the car, scrub and power blow in no time with no spots. Unless I had truly awful water, why would I do this?

^This. Plus triple digit heat that dries water in seconds before you can wipe or blow it off makes for a hardwater spot mess that can only be polished off.
If you're fortunate to not have either of the above, then it may not be worth it for you.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
In my case, It bothers me to have waterspots anywhere, and that includes door jams / sills, under the hood etc, (understand that I have a black no stripe GT). I haven't been able to dry a car 1000%. Also in the case of a daily driver, you don't dry it at all, and it still looks good.

To each their own, but in my case I plumbed it in, so all I have to do is move a couple ball valves, to switch from filtered to street water. Wall mounted too, so does not take up any wall space.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I have the cheapskate spotless water system. A dedicated 2 gallon garden sprayer filled with distilled water. I did add a tire type air valve so I do not need to pump it up.

Works very well used as a final rinse and no spots. I also use distilled water when cleaning the engine bay with an air powered nozzle. Again clean with no spots or residue.

I did buy the foam gun recommended for washing and converted to bucketless washing technique. That really works well.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Dry wash! Water hasn't touched my GT for years.

Ed

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Mostly, I dry wash. The 3 wet washes in 1 year were after driving in rain, with lots of grit and road crud, including collected on top of the diffuser. If there's a way to dry wash grit off paint, I don't want to hear about it. :lol