ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
What's it powered by?

It's powered by whoever happens to be pushing it.

Chip

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Very cool!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
It's powered by whoever happens to be pushing it.

Chip

Misread Dave's post. Thought this was the 35mph car.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Was this the one that popped up on Ebay a couple years ago? Was it perhaps orange (like Valencia orange)?

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Love the wheels. Gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
One more:

That is so cool. Can you get a shot or copy of the paper that is on the windshield?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
10551739_718194858258978_3380711438452969515_o.jpg

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
I have the January 14th 2002 Autoweek article featuring a picture of that car on my desk. It was my inspiration.

In the article there were more questions than answers. "Would people pay $100.000 for a Ford?", where would it be serviced, is building it the right thing to do", etc. Of course there were minor quotes from Mays, Chairman Bill, Gaffka, and others......and then there was a quote from this guy..........:wink

"Freeing ourselves of fear of creating a car that looked too much like the original was a liberating experience for the team, but staying true to the original themes in a clean modern design made this the most difficult project I've ever been involved with."

Bret.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Was this the one that popped up on Ebay a couple years ago? Was it perhaps orange (like Valencia orange)?

I believe it was this car. Before the craziness, I think it traded hands for about $60k or so.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
A w e s o m e !!!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Are the gauges working?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Love those headlights and wheels.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So it's a concept. What is it made from (besides magic floobie dust)? In other words this probably pre-dates the production panel molds. So are the panels aluminum or maybe fiberglass? Or are the molds actually in existence then?

Very interesting piece of Ford GT history.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Interesting how the rear clamshell vents are cut towards the center ala the GT40.

Vince H

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The rear clip certainly looks better than any bumper delete kit.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I don’t know why ,but it is so cool! I heard its going to be at Rally 10

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
Saw this car at Oklahoma State Fair in 04. I tried to buy it but nobody had the authority to even discuss a price. My son was in OKC at the time and he called and told me it was there, so Pattie and I grabbed a wad of cash and took of for the fair. Beautiful car, fell in love with it when I saw it and a year later I got one!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
So it's a concept. What is it made from (besides magic floobie dust)? In other words this probably pre-dates the production panel molds. So are the panels aluminum or maybe fiberglass? Or are the molds actually in existence then?

Very interesting piece of Ford GT history.

All the parts on this car are Fiberglass. This car was made off of the molds that were taken off the clay studio car.. The doors probably do not open. You can see how the windshield is made as part of the body! The molds are in storage.........

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
This was the first Ford GT I saw at a Ford New Car Show in Las Vegas. It was Unvailed from behind a curtain on stage from a very long distance from the Dealer group as a teaser. When I saw it I decided I had to have a white GT . The yellow GT was the next car shown to the Dealer group with a 4.7 V8 engine and we could get pretty. Close to it. White has always been my favorite color. Life is Good and I've been Blessed as a former Ford Dealer.