source for a new front chin spoiler?

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
does anyone have a good source for a front chin spoiler? i scraped mine today leaving a concourse event (can you believe it????) and need to replace it.

also, any idea what a new one runs?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Any local Ford dealer < $250, or Torrie and you will probably get better service and pricing. The local Ford dealer will be confused and tell you that a Mustang GT doesn't have that part.

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
who is "Torie"? is he a board member who sells Ford GT parts? (sorry for the question, but i have no idea)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Yes, http://www.unleashedtuning.com/

A fellow FGT owner that knows all about the correct parts at discount prices.

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
thanks SO much for your prompt reply. i was totally stressing about it.

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
this may be a record........after emailing Torrie at 8:30 PM, he already responded with a part number and web order. i went in, set up an account, paid, and it has been ordered.

Thanks BlackICE for the reference, and thanks Torrie for your excellent, quick response.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
this may be a record........after emailing Torrie at 8:30 PM, he already responded with a part number and web order. i went in, set up an account, paid, and it has been ordered.

Thanks BlackICE for the reference, and thanks Torrie for your excellent, quick response.

How bad is(are) the scrape(s)? If it's not REAL bad, you can sand the wounded area smooth using the proper 'grit in a 2 or 3 step/grit process (maybe even use a little filler if needed?), spray some 'black Krylon on it, and Bob's your uncle. I know 2 people who've done that (except for the filler), and I'll be darned if I can tell where the scrapes were. Now, granted, the scrapes WEREN'T G-O-U-G-E-S...but, still...

You might just find that'll turn the wounded part into a decent spare. :shrug

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I have two new chin spoilers for my GT hanging on the wall in my store room. Mine is scratched but I have never put a new one on. I might scratch the new one. So....the original stays on and nobody knows it's scratched on the bottom. Knowing that I COULD put a new one on right now is enough. I have lots of new parts I have never installed.

Chip

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Mine is scratched but I have never put a new one on. I might scratch the new one. So....the original stays on and nobody knows it's scratched on the bottom. Knowing that I COULD put a new one on right now is enough. I have lots of new parts I have never installed.

Chip

Same here. Unless you crawl under the car you would never know that my spoiler is not unmolested. Having a spare on hand hedges me against FGT tax increases in the future.

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
this one got pretty damaged. it is already off the car.

the front lip of it got caught on a side walk as i was exiting a grassy area, and it got gouged very badly.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
this one got pretty damaged. it is already off the car.

the front lip of it got caught on a side walk as i was exiting a grassy area, and it got gouged very badly.

OUCH!!! Sounds like it's now just "wall art" for sure, then, huh.

May I suggest getting an extra chin spoiler AND a rear diffuser to have on hand for spares? 'Way I figger it, if you HAVE 'em, you'll never NEED 'em. Besides, you never know if this or that part will be AVAILABLE exactly when you might need it. That factor alone makes storing a few goodies worth the hassle. (I stored all my spare GT parts [in their factory boxes] overhead in the garage rafters where they were out of they way.)

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Yes, http://www.unleashedtuning.com/

A fellow FGT owner that knows all about the correct parts at discount prices.

Thank you for the referral Clinton I have Rick handled already !