Someone is desperate

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yesiree, already dropped the price $400K.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Notice the zin

81fb_4.JPG

An early 05 #349. I wonder if all of the TSB work is up to date. I would think that this car may require a speedi sleeve!

Notice the guy taking the picture in the reflection, he has eye glasses and is thinning on top.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Notice the zin

81fb_4.JPG

An early 05 #349. I wonder if all of the TSB work is up to date. I would think that this car may require a speedi sleeve!

+1 I'd be very surprised if everything/anything has been/would be done prior to someone buying it. Espcially if that dealer doesn't have a certified GT tech.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
More power to them. OC Welsh is a good guy. When I initially inquired about the car he said to tell all the GT owners thank you for their support of Ford Motor Company, as well as all the clubs who use their personal time and effort to build enthusiasm for the brand.

He bought the car at a cancer benefit because it was for charity and his daughter had passed away from cancer. A very nice guy on the phone.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
These cars are nice cars and worth good money. He just needs to come to reality. I offered a good price for all of them in a pkg deal and they declined with some crazy counter offer which was WAY more then they were asking for them seperatly (cant make sense of that). Anyway, I wish him the best of luck. The Sonic Blue car is a RARE find indeed. I fear he is selling them because he NEEDS to which is sad. I really hope these dealers can pull through these tough times.....

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
OC

DBK Quote - OC Welsh is a good guy.

He really is - even if a bit mis-guided in his pricing. I drove into the dealership a few months back - I think he had 4 GT's on the floor. My car was a bit dirty from the rain the night before - they whipped it around the back of the shop and washed it - at no charge! The kid was only too happy to do it!

Go See OC!!! (His local tag line...) :thumbsup

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The Sonic Blue car is a RARE find indeed. I fear he is selling them because he NEEDS to which is sad. I really hope these dealers can pull through these tough times.....

I suspect you're correct. Very difficult times for many, especially those in the auto business. Shelby you seem to be immune to the current market conditions. Must be a sign of top management and a smartly run business. The best of luck to the dealer selling the Sonic FGT.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
More power to them. OC Welsh is a good guy. When I initially inquired about the car he said to tell all the GT owners thank you for their support of Ford Motor Company, as well as all the clubs who use their personal time and effort to build enthusiasm for the brand.

He bought the car at a cancer benefit because it was for charity and his daughter had passed away from cancer. A very nice guy on the phone.

Dave.....Didn't I see in a previous post somewhere regsrding this car that you had offered for a friend $500K for it? If that offer is still valid he should take it.:thumbsup

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Unfortunately they bought another collector car!

fordgtforsale.com

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jun 8, 2007
The owner of this Ford store made the front page of yahoo tonight -

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081209/ap_on_re_us/angry_auto_ad

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
He sounds like a class act

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Seriously? i've had discussions with him and he seems nice enough but to make those comments (and on the radio nonetheless) this guy is a complete clown. :thumbsdow

Whatever i was going to give him on the car just went down 50%...

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
So what does he do when he gets a toyota/honda, etc as trade in? Does he advertise it and resale it, or does he burn it? My guess is that he resales it and has nothing bad to say about it at that time. I am all for buying more american and trying to keep our money with-in this country. I do not however, agree with his harsh advertising. The entire GLOBE is suffering this economic turn down. We need to pull together as the human race and get through this. I have respect for this man for the things I have read about him, but I really dont agree with his angle on this particular ad.

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
So what does he do when he gets a toyota/honda, etc as trade in? Does he advertise it and resale it, or does he burn it? My guess is that he resales it and has nothing bad to say about it at that time. I am all for buying more american and trying to keep our money with-in this country. I do not however, agree with his harsh advertising. The entire GLOBE is suffering this economic turn down. We need to pull together as the human race and get through this. I have respect for this man for the things I have read about him, but I really dont agree with his angle on this particular ad.

+1, well said Shelby but lets get down the bare facts:what he said was nothing less than racist. Had nothing to do with the cars or their quality. Glad he has other buyers b/c he lost a potential one here. ok...i'm done commenting.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
The "rice" comment was waaaaaay over the top.....yikes.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, that's pretty ****ed up.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I personally really don't appreciate people calling cars rice.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
amen, I detest that remark....
like calling german cars nazi-runners....

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Yeah, I've not owned a japanese car my entire life, so it's not like I'm defending the cars...Just seems weird to call them rice.