So it begins!!

SP_Weazel

Jul 17, 2006
Lowered cars always look good! This is the first of many more mods to come on this Ford GT. Enjoy the pictures. :cheers

FGT100.jpg

FGT101.jpg

FGT102.jpg

FGT103.jpg

FGT104.jpg

FGT105.jpg

FGT106.jpg

FGT107.jpg

FGT108.jpg

FGT109.jpg

FGT110.jpg

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Looking good! Expect alot more power than those Lambos your used to dealing with :thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Looks good! what springs are you using and are you changing tires and rims?
Thanks for the pics.

SP_Weazel

Jul 17, 2006
ETW said:
Looking good! Expect alot more power than those Lambos your used to dealing with :thumbsup

We're expecting good outcomes if plans stay on point. Lamborghinis granted aren't known for "extreme" power, but they are still my favorite. This should be a cool project car!

SteveA said:
Looks good! what springs are you using and are you changing tires and rims?
Thanks for the pics.

Just using a coilover system offered for the GT. Rims and tires will be changed for sure. I'll post once they come in! :thumbsup

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
Photos Are great How low are you going?

Alex,
The Photos Are great.

How low are you going?

Alex

SP_Weazel

Jul 17, 2006
MR2Race said:
Alex,
The Photos Are great.

How low are you going?

Alex

Actually, this is Mark. The cars ride height is substanially lower then factory. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
How much for the springs/shocks?

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
Lowering Kit

abolfaz said:
How much for the springs/shocks?

The lowering kit in the photo is from T&A Shocks. (Search on this forum)

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I had mine lowered and did not go the shock route. I was told it was not the best way to accomplish the task on a GT. Mine was lowered 1" in the back and 1 1/4" in the front. I did go with the shock package on my Viper though.

1 to 1 1/4" is not that much but it does make a difference. I was told any lower you may be rubbing with any aggressive driving.

SP_Weazel

Jul 17, 2006
We're working with a company right now to help design a full coilover kit. This is just to keep the boss happy until then. :biggrin

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
Take a look at the Penske Racing shocks in the Photo Gallery.

rickisapilot

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Awsum GT said:
I had mine lowered and did not go the shock route. I was told it was not the best way to accomplish the task on a GT. Mine was lowered 1" in the back and 1 1/4" in the front. I did go with the shock package on my Viper though.

1 to 1 1/4" is not that much but it does make a difference. I was told any lower you may be rubbing with any aggressive driving.

Awsum GT: How did you lower your car? Just via a tire & wheel changed only?

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Awsum GT said:

This car will NEVER rub the fenders on original wheels. The suspension generates a lot of negative camber when the wish-bones travels up wards... The first rubbing will accour when your front spoiler is on the ground.. :biggrin

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
SP_Weazel said:

Aren't these wishbones the cast ones like that was on the cars that got recalled???

Mine has got CNC machined ones on it... Is it because mine is an 05 and the Tungsten is an 06??

SP_Weazel

Jul 17, 2006
one of 101 said:
Aren't these wishbones the cast ones like that was on the cars that got recalled???

Mine has got CNC machined ones on it... Is it because mine is an 05 and the Tungsten is an 06??

It's possible, but the car was bought brand new. I would hope Ford would change it before it was sold. :frown

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
Cast, Forged & machined arms ?

Cast, Forged & Machined arms ?

The car in the photo has the later Forged Aluminum Arms.

You can define by Thick horizontal seam around the out side.

It is a good one.