So I always wondered what the deal was with Shelby at Elite Autos

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
I had read all of the great recommendations on line and how his cars and client service were perfect. Having bought more cars than I would like to admit to over the years I was skeptical given some of the experiences I have had. Had some great ones and some not so great. Couple that with over two decades in the investment management business and it makes you pretty darn skeptical about everything, especially an unseen car in Arkansas.

So after a few misses on some cars that I am sure I tortured Shelby with (my words not his) we finally got a deal done on this beauty. (http://eliteautosllc.com/vehicle/ford-gt-carbon-edition-twin-turbo/). The car was exactly what I was looking for and I know it was owned also by a previous Ford Gt Forum member so I know it was taken care of. Not for everybody but having owned a few stock ones in the past it was time for me to modify........

That all being said the car arrived and it was absolute black glass. ABSOLUTELY perfect in every way and I mean in every way. How many people have picked up a black car brand new and looked at it in the sun and cringed because of the swirl marks. Not one! Inside and out not a nick, scratch. Zero anything other than perfection.

I consider myself as meticulous as they come with my cars. I am the guy you want to buy from and I can say this is the best conditioned car I have ever received, NEW or USED. The car came exactly when it was supposed to with a top notch carrier and the service along the way with texts, calls etc. was prompt, informative and honestly just perfect. Clearly Shelby was working on a relationship and not just a transaction which is what I care about.

So when you read all of the language on his site that says "car is perfect, no stories, no issues" I used to think.. total BS. I have a very different opinion now. Thank you Shelby for a great experience and being a great resource for this forum.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Very nice post and strong endorsement, glad you're happy.

Have fun with that black beauty!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
David,

WOW what a beauty. Great write op on your experience. Enjoy your new purchase.

Congratulations!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
In my opinion, these cars are getting harder and harder to purchase for the first time buyer. The cars are 11+ years old and a lot of history can happen in that time period. I've seen complete chassis changes, color changes and some pretty badly wrecked cars that still have clear titles so going by a carfax alone is not the only resource you should ever use on purchasing this expensive of a car. You need someone like Shelby who is not just an exotic car sales guy but has known these cars since their inception. Anyone can sell a GT but not everyone knows exactly what they're selling unless they have the proven track record and experience. just sayin. good move on your part. sounds like a very nice car! congrats

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Congrats ! Great looking GT !

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I am not one for mods but I must say that is one Bad A?? looking GT. Enjoy the car and kudos to Shelby again as he helped me find my GT.

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

My good friend and AZ Harley Davidson dealer Buddy Stubbs bought a black Ford GT from Shelby with the same result. The car was flawless.

Chip

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Congratulations buddy. Don't let this one get away. You have to stop by the house to show her off and have a celebratory drink when I return to Ohio!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
A nice "birthday" testimonial for Shelby.

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
Congrats - your car is so far beyond spectacular that I am near a loss for the right words

Last edited:

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Great looking car!

You are right - "like new" is usually hard to find in a used car. Glad to hear this one was perfect!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Congrats. Shelby is as good as it gets.

Vince H

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Congrats on beautiful car and a nice write up on Shelby

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Shelby helped me research a car in 2011 that I was buying from someone else. That is the kind of service you rarely see.

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
Congratulations buddy. Don't let this one get away. You have to stop by the house to show her off and have a celebratory drink when I return to Ohio!

Thanks Tim. Let me know when you get back to Ohio. No salt. Driving season has started.