So Cal Service

FGT1713

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2008
Orange County CA
Any updated recommendations on Orange County CA service? Read all the '06 / '07 posts that talk about Grody, et al....What's been the experience over the last couple years?
I have an appt tomorrow at Rancho Santa Margarita Ford for oil change and Fuel Rail replacement (leak @ passenger side input). Service Manager Edie says 'no problem'. Opinions, experiences??????
Thanks
Chris

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
That depends. Are you still under warranty?

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Are you mechanically inclined? Oil change is not that difficult, just time consuming. From all the stories you've read so far I'm sure you came to the conclusion the best person to work on your car is probably you.

FGT1713

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2008
Orange County CA
No warranty....Could change oil however, thought as long as it's in for fuel rail (which I wouldn't attempt) might as well get oil changed.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Santa Margarita Ford

Chris,

The owner of Santa Margarita Ford, Jim Graham, has been one of my very best friends and hunting companions since I was five years old. Last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, Jim and I spent the weekend hunting California Quail in Kelso Valley, CA. I live in Arizona but I have purchased my last 5 Fords from Santa Margarita Ford. SMF retailed half a dozen Ford GTs themselves and regularly services several others. Their service management staff and technicians are very long term employees, most of them having been with Jim for over a decade and their Customer Satisfaction Index ranking with Ford Motor Company is one of the best in the nation. I would not post up if I were not confident that you will have a good experience taking your Ford GT there.

In the unlikely event that you have an issue, send me a PM and I will assist you. All the best.

Chip

FGT1713

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2008
Orange County CA
Thanks Chip, that's good enough for Me!

Appreciate the recommendation for RSM Ford. I bought a Bullitt Mustang from them back in June and had lowering springs and headers installed w/ no problems but the GT is in a class by itself.

Where in AZ are you located? I moved from Phoenix (Mesa) just a short 2 years ago. I am an orig So. Californian however, my employment (Boeing Apache Attack Helicopter) took me to AZ for over 20 years.

Thanks again for the reply....my mind is at ease.

Chris

H

HHGT

There is also Kendall Pond of Cooltech LLC - a sponsor here on the forum. Good Luck...

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Bony -

How about making FGT1713 a GT Owner, instead of Spectator???

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Chris,
Have you received your new FGT, if so, please advise and register it above in the registry??
From what I read so far I am under the impression that the deal has note been completed. Sorry if I am off base.

Also, if you find this forum helpful, please consider becoming a $ubscribed member and supporting the board.

God Bless America,
dan

FGT1713

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2008
Orange County CA
Thanks Ralphie...

Yes Bony I took delivery a couple weeks ago. I did register in the registry. Happy to $upport....just let me know the process.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome and all the expert advice...it has helped tremendously.

Chris

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Chris,
welcome on board as an owner. Here are the details, if you prefer to handle with a check instead of PAYPAL, please advise:-
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2548
Cheers,
bony

FGT1713

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2008
Orange County CA
All

Just a quick note to comment on Rancho Santa Margarita Ford service based upon my experience a couple weeks ago...here are my thoughts....

Cursory look....everything looks OK. Will drive and fully inspect this weekend to look for any issues. (No issues noted)

Leaking passenger side fuel rail replaced / oil change / lube/ 27 point inspection and recall on transaxle bolts.

Waited 6 days for parts to come in.

Asst Service Manager Duane Litz very professional and accommodating. Car remained indoors in bay while awaiting parts; only a couple people @ dealership allowed to drive in/out (keys w/ Duane). Two qual. techs (Dan Allen & Steve Park).

I would rate my service experience with RSM Ford on the 1-10 scale (10 the Best Possible) an 8.

A 9 rating would have been cheaper and faster....a 10 would have been free.

All in all a good experience....I would not hesitate to take my GT back if required.