So Cal Ford GT Rally to Las Vegas

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Set 2 Way Radios to 7-11.

Planning to meet from SO CAL at Hesperia, at 10AM, at IN-n-OUT Burger:

13704 Main St, Hesperia, CA (Map is posted by Atomic on post #58)

1. ATOMIC GT
2. JONES
3. SYCO GT
4. SOMELEE
5. SHELBY #18 / ANYA
6. ALOHA & WIFE
7. WALLY, WIFE, TRAILER
8. KENDALL, TRAILER
9. OC PETE, TRAILER
10.PASHA, TRAILER

After meet and greet, will group drive to Baker, ETA 12 noon or earlier, for lunch. Most likely BUN BOY and MAD GREEK.

Are the trailers certified to 205 or 212?

I have Midland radios. Will they hook up with you?

Speaking of hooking up - what are our return plans?

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
AlohaGT,

Have the stuff on my Viper, it is ClearBra, guranteed not to turn yellow unless you mix in some volcanic dirt. No reports to my knowledge of anything other than excellent protection. I will PM you with the contact information and you can talked directly to Thom.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Radios should definitely be fine as long as they don't have some radio specific privacy features activated, and if they allow a main channel with subfrequency, e.g. 7-11.

Midland manufactures some nice radios.

Return plan is, try to drag yourself out of bed on Sunday morning, as soon as the hangover will allow, and make a run back to California starting at or before 11am, or you will likely encounter some fairly serious traffic.

Gill Jr.

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2007
Orange County, CA
AlohaGT,

Have the stuff on my Viper, it is ClearBra, guranteed not to turn yellow unless you mix in some volcanic dirt. No reports to my knowledge of anything other than excellent protection. I will PM you with the contact information and you can talked directly to Thom.

Can you PM me Thom's number also? Thanks, Gill Jr.

William S

GT Owner
Jun 27, 2007
San Clemente, CA
count me in at in/out at10am wed ,we are heading out from san clemente,we'd love to hook up with a few gt/s down here.William S.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Just purchased two new Motorola Walkie Talkies, Got them at Best Buy, they are the ones with the red screen backgrounds and the base charger, about $67.oo for two. Don't buy the Cobra ones, I had a pair and they didn't work.

AlohaGT, where is HiloDave? Is he running to Vegas with the Palm Springs Crowd, or solo, or coming with us?

Add Willimam S to the list.

Last edited:

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Willaim S and Atomic GT,

Gill Jr. and I are meeting at 7:30 AM tomorrow at the Starbucks that is 1 1/2 blocks East of the I-5 on Ortega Highway. I'm sure Gill would be just as pleased as I would be to have the San Clemente crowd and others join us there.

Aloha,

HiloDave

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
AlohaGT,

Thanks Atomic. Got it.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Radios should definitely be fine as long as they don't have some radio specific privacy features activated, and if they allow a main channel with subfrequency, e.g. 7-11.

Midland manufactures some nice radios.

Return plan is, try to drag yourself out of bed on Sunday morning, as soon as the hangover will allow, and make a run back to California starting at or before 11am, or you will likely encounter some fairly serious traffic.

Sounds like a plan, Syco.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Incidentally, we're staying in Santa Monica - anyone coming from this area or through here tomorrow? I ALWAYS get lost in S. CA.

MapQuest says it'll take about 90" from here. Does that sound about right for leaving at 8:30, getting us to Hesperia about 10?

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Incidentally, we're staying in Santa Monica - anyone coming from this area or through here tomorrow? I ALWAYS get lost in S. CA.

MapQuest says it'll take about 90" from here. Does that sound about right for leaving at 8:30, getting us to Hesperia about 10?

That should be about right, After you get out of LA you will be going against traffic and should be able to cruise.

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA

You may want to shoot for 8am. Traffic is typically heavy till your east of LA, then tapers off the closer you get to I-15. May bottle up again at the 15/215 interchange, then smooth sailing to Hesperia.:thumbsup

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Aloha, check your PMs, I am in the area, 2 miles from you in Santa Monica. 90 minutes is a fart and a moonbeam connection. You never know in LA, I would suggest something more like 7:30, getting out of the main downtown area by 8 AM, and then an easy drive up the 15. we can always find a coffee shop or get some early Mai Tais, while we are waiting in world famous Hesperia.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Tick-tock, tick-tock, I doubt I will get any sleep tonight.... working to get everything together.

Wally and wife, Jennifer, will most likely be coming out to Vegas later on Wednesday. Wally's work is biting him in the ass with some last minute snafu's.

Although I will be with you guys at 10 am in Hesperia, us trailer guys are destined to play sweeper the remainder of the way to Vegas. If there's any problems or you need any assistance, hopefully we won't be too far behind.

Please call me on my cell if you should need any help.

Kendall (818) 254-6055 Cell

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Count me in for In & Out at 10am Wed; I'll be comming from San Diego !!! :thumbsup

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
see you wednesday

Updated the group list, added AMB from San Diego, looks like roughly 11 cars and 4 trailers at Hesperia tomorrow.

I'm still at the office for a while, it's been a crazy week. Got a date with my wife tonight, to thank her for letting me go to the Rally!

If for some reason I miss the Hesperia meeting, I will see you all in Baker, and if that fails,there is absolutely no way I am missing the big wed night wine and dinner.

Not sure if I'll have time to put in the wally harness bar or revai seat buttons, right now I'm hoping to be able to pack a helmet, couple nice shirts, pants, etc. and make it to Hesperia after I drop my kid at pre-school tomorrow.

But, if it's anything like last year, it's going to be one unforgettable trip! Makes me smile ear to ear just thinking about it. :banana

10AM In-N-Out

13704 Main St, Hesperia, CA (Map is posted by Atomic on post #58)

1. ATOMIC GT
2. JONES
3. SYCO GT
4. SOMELEE
5. SHELBY #18 / ANYA
6. MIDNITE BLUE
7. ALOHA & WIFE
8. WALLY, WIFE, TRAILER
9. KENDALL, TRAILER
10. OC PETE, TRAILER
11. PASHA, TRAILER
12. AMB

Last edited:

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
Tick-tock, tick-tock, I doubt I will get any sleep tonight.... working to get everything together.

know what you mean. :wink

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Have a Safe Trip

You Guys -

Have a very SAFE trip & have fun! See you at the cocktail party.:thumbsup

:beer2:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
1,990 views of this thread and we have 12 Ford GT's meeting. Interesting...

Gill Jr.

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2007
Orange County, CA
Willaim S and Atomic GT,

Gill Jr. and I are meeting at 7:30 AM tomorrow at the Starbucks that is 1 1/2 blocks East of the I-5 on Ortega Highway. I'm sure Gill would be just as pleased as I would be to have the San Clemente crowd and others join us there.

Aloha,

HiloDave

Absolutely!!! - Gill Jr.