Sitting on the fence? Haven't bought yet?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I have now had my new '06 GT for 6 months. 1500 amazing miles. I recently purchased a Kirkham aluminum 427 Cobra and have been driving it (what a rush! :eek ) and my other cars/jeeps a lot lately. And then....after ignoring it for three weeks I got back in my GT. And it blows every car I've ever owned away. I've driven damn near everything and there is nothing like the Ford GT. If I lost any other car I owned that's OK, but if somebody destroyed my GT I would go crazy till I bought another new one. There are about 600 new GT's left. If you're sitting on the fence and you miss out, you blew it. There won't be another new car like this in our lifetimes. That's my opinion and it's worth every dime you just paid for it!

Chip

H

HHGT

I could not agree with you more. Sold my Z06 and bought my 06 Red/WHt last June. Three weeks ago, I cought the bug - again - and bought #2 - an 06 Heritage that came along with road trip to South Dakota and stories to tell for a life time.

I saw the original back in 1968 and the thought of owning one never left my mind.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Chip,
I couldn't agree with you more. None of my cars (past or present) compare with the shear driving pleasure the GT provides. It is not about statistics - it is the total package of sound, power, looks, handling, shifting and throttle response which make up the "soul" of the car. Very few automobiles achieve this "nirvana" like the Ford GT. This is a car built by car guys - not accountants and is a true "home run" in automotive history! :banana

Why won't my banana dance? :eek

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Love threads like this... Aren't they great :cheers So much better than the controversial question..... pricing :thumbsdow Keep it up... Love driving my baby... just love it

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
I couldn't agree more. I am amazed how impressed with the car I am after I have not driven it for several days. It boggles my mind to think I am one of the lucky few who get to experience a piece of history first hand. It evokes smiles everywhere I go. A school kid came up to me the other day at a gas station and after hysterically marvelling at the car for a minute, asked if he could shake my hand! That was a first. If we didn't live is such a wacked out society, I would have really made his day and offered him a ride around the block.

One of the things I like best is the thought that there will never be another car like it, and that it will always look fresh and new. With other cars, it feels like you own yesterday's news when the latest model is released. Not so with the one, the only, Ford GT :thumbsup

Mark my words...there will never be a better time to buy a GT than the next few months. Someday you'll look back and say, "If only". I'm just glad I got mine :rofl

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
The GT is buy far the best car I have ever owned. I love its fine history, it's looks, it's drive train and it's mind blowing performance. Ford has always built or powered some of the greatest competition cars ever built. I hope they will take care of the bolt problem soon and get that behind us. :thumbsup

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
HHGT said:
I could not agree with you more. Sold my Z06 and bought my 06 Red/WHt last June. Three weeks ago, I cought the bug - again - and bought #2 - an 06 Heritage that came along with road trip to South Dakota and stories to tell for a life time.

I saw the original back in 1968 and the thought of owning one never left my mind.

There are a number here that have caught the same bug and now own a Heritage to go with their first GT. Can't get enough GT!

:banana :banana :banana

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
You got it!! Get one now.

There seems to be maybe 10 units left for sale around Md, and Dc. VA. metro area and I'm sure some are at the dealers house and really not for sale. So the supply does seem to be dropping steady and pretty limited in this neck of the woods.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Gt

Ditto :biggrin
Ditto :wink
Ditto :wink
Ditto :thumbsup

Chip - you hit the nail on the head - in fact buried it! I could not agree more.
My stable is broad and varied and the only car that comes close is the Caterham 7. A couple of the early 911's have the same feedback - different I know - but they dance the same way. The engineering that went into this car is evident to "car guys and gals" - I just love the fact that we have a REAL throttle cable - with all the attendant feedback and linear feel - as opposed to a "fly by wire" - "when we going to go?" feel. The suspension, the torque, just everything about the car is simply superb. We sure are lucky...

Gordon.

Docrug

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Mansfield, Tx
We got our's

I hate to sound redundent but our's :cheers are "05" Red/White... "06" Tungsten

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Oh Yeah !

Yes we are "lucky" ......and FORTUNATE.
:banana :banana :banana :banana

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
I love this car! It so much fun to drive, especially after the pully and chip! I'm sideways around every corner!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hit the trigger! You'll never regret the purchase. I dreamed for 39 years before I owned one, and now I still dream! DO IT NOW. TH. :wink

MG 42

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2006
My GT absolutely amazes me every time I strap it on and fly down the highway. I find there are way to many cars on the road though, can't really wind it up properly, very frustrating sometimes. Soooo smoooth :biggrin

ralleyone

Jul 17, 2006
Boy, you guys really know how to get the ulcer burning for those of us who are desperately trying to figure out how to get a GT before they're all spoken for.

In my case, I have developed a product for the prosthetics industry for which I am in negotiation to sell the rights to a company very soon. I am hoping to receive an offer in the next 7 days but this has been a long, nail-biting process. And each day I get on this forum to dream, I feel this clock just relentlessly ticking.....and ticking. I tell myself, well, maybe yellow won't be so bad, or perhaps I can live without stripes.

Will you guys please stop buying any more of these so there is at least a crumb left for the rest of us? :frown

I'm almost tempted to the tell the buyer just give me enough so I can justify the GT to my wife and to hell with the rest!!!

Please, have mercy :willy

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
If you're really lucky....

ralleyone said:
I tell myself, well, maybe yellow won't be so bad, or perhaps I can live without stripes.
:willy
You cut me to the quick!! After seeing a yellow car I knew that's the color I had to have. And I had to search far and wide to find one. If you're LUCKY, you'll find a yellow GT. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

Chip

Attachments

• Chip & GT.jpg
    Chip & GT.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 116

ralleyone

Jul 17, 2006
I must admit, your yellow does look pretty darn good. I retract not only the yellow comment, but the no stripes one as well, just in case anyone else takes it personally.

My point was, please just give me a little more time!

dan

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2006
lotus compare

I own a series 1 lotus elise 190 sport and I can say they both feel the same. with limited seat time in the gt.
dan

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
As Hunter S. Thompson Would Say:

"Buy The Ticket; Take The Ride."

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
ralleyone said:
I retract not only the yellow comment, but the no stripes one as well, just in case anyone else takes it personally.

Heheh. Life without stripes is not a bad life at all...Hell, I'd take it with zebra stripes or polka dots, if I had to.

IMG_3589.jpg