Simeone Foundation visit

Daltondavid

GT Owner
Jun 22, 2007
Garnet Valley, Pa.
Today I visited a gem that is only a few miles from my studio. the Simoene foundation. take a peek at some very cool vehicles I looked at today! http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=2016874 the lost Daytona Coupe CSX 2287 can be found here!! the web site for the museum is www.simeonefoundation.com

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
Hey David, isn't that an amazing collection? I got to see it a few years ago, when he had the cars stored at his garage, on 8th and Lombard, just off of South Street in the city. Once I heard the city wanted their building back, he started up the goal for a museum. I went down there on July 6th, with a bunch of my Mustang club members to tour the place. 1 word everyone UNREAL!!! Harry Hurst, the executive coordinator of the museum was there to tell us a few things about the cars and such. 1 thing he did tell us, (and I saw it on the sign-in book), was Jay Leno was there on July 5th and drove the Daytona, the Cunningham, and the Dupont!! WOW!!!

Those cars, with all the history behind them, is just...words can't describe it!! To see a car driven by Sterling Moss..speechless!!! If he wasn't there, Dr. Simeone, is a VERY nice, down to earth, car guy. Quick story. I met him in 2004 at the "100 Cars of Radnor Hunt". I heard he had an immense collection, and got the chance to meet him and ask for a chance to see it at the Radnor show. We chatted for 10 minutes. He asked how I knew about the collection (before this opened, he was a little hush hush on it, due to the location of the cars). I told him, my doctor who did my liver transplant (who also is a car guy) told me about the collection, as my surgury was at Penn Hospital, where is was on the board. He knew my doctor, and then gave me a number to call, to view the cars.

I called the next day, and got a call back a few days later, by him personally! We spoke on the phone for over an hour, chatting about cars he has (the Daytona, and GT40s mainly) and he told me to come on down to see what he had. Also said my dad could come (he's 70 and been a mechanic since 13), and my boss as well. What a time that was. Such a gracious man. For anyone who is in the Philadelphia area on business, I urge you to take a few hours out of your day, and see this collection. Its minutes from Philly International Airport, and beileve me, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

And lastly; David, your not too far from where I live. I'm from Chalfont. Just outside Doylestown. Lived here my whole life. Do you ever take the car out to some of the local cruise nights? Let me know. I'm at most with my 2006 Mustang GT (hence the screen name), that is my tribute to the Shelbys of the 60s (stripes, center fogs, CS wheels). Hope to see you at a show someday. :thumbsup