Silver State Classic

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
We have five (5) GT's here for the event. A suitable warm up for the fall event.

In addition to two of the fastest color (Red) GT's,:biggrin there is a white, black and blue (slower) cars running. Of course there are a million corvetts and 250 thousand vipers here.

During the parade, the GT's were the HIT of the crowd. As one said, "That is a Ford GT, it's BAD.":banana:banana:banana

It is BAD.:cheers

Cheers.

Jim

Aug 25, 2006
We have five (5) GT's here for the event. A suitable warm up for the fall event.

In addition to two of the fastest color (Red) GT's,:biggrin there is a white, black and blue (slower) cars running. Of course there are a million corvetts and 250 thousand vipers here.

During the parade, the GT's were the HIT of the crowd. As one said, "That is a Ford GT, it's BAD.":banana:banana:banana

It is BAD.:cheers

Cheers.

Jim

Jim thank you for the update

I was not surprised to read that the number of Ford GTs were few when compared to the gross of other marquees at the event as it is known that the pack will always follow the "BIG DOG"

Please let us all know how the event unfolded.

Takes care

Shadowman

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What class are you guys running in?

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
Silver State

First mistake - there were only 4 GT's entered in the event. Two really fast red ones, and a slow black one and a slow white one.:wink

Scott Conrad and Rob Grise WON the Z1Z event. It is a standing start to 100mph and brake to 0. I did not get the exact time but it was in the 16's. Way to go Scot and Rob.:cheers

On their second run, all four brakes locked up. One side (I forgot which) released briefly and relocked sending the car off the pavement (slight damage). One side tires showed two flat spots, the other one. They flew in a new set of tires from Long Beach to run the main event.:thumbsup

No times yet for the High Noon Shoot Out - 1/2 and 1 mile acceleration. Three of the cars ran, Scot and Rob, Jimf, and Flyby took runs. Even without times, there is no doubt the Red 322 car must have beaten the black and the white cars.:biggrin

Scot and Rob ran the 90 mile event and came in :01.5210 seconds off their target time in the 150 class. Flyby came in :08.0312 seconds off their target in the 145 class. John Ihrig and Dave Bennett missed their target time by :03.9908. Terry Oliver and I brought up the rear of the GT group with a time discrepancy of 39 seconds.

Way to go Scot and Rob with a 1.5 second run.

Terry and I broke the front splitter on Saturday during the 1 mile speed run and ground it down pretty good. We removed it and ran chinless for the Sunday event.

More later, plane leaving.

Big Dog