Silver State Classic anyone?

Rob Ferretti

May 2, 2006
NYC area
Thinking about bringing the GT out too.

http://www.sscc.us/318-hwy-event-description.htm

I have a truck moving out, with 5 open car spaces left on it from NYC area. $7000 each way for transport. truck will hold up to 8 cars fully insured. figure shipping back and forth will cost $1800 pp if anyone is interested.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thinking about bringing the GT out too.

http://www.sscc.us/318-hwy-event-description.htm

I have a truck moving out, with 5 open car spaces left on it from NYC area. $7000 each way for transport. truck will hold up to 8 cars fully insured. figure shipping back and forth will cost $1800 pp if anyone is interested.

I checked their site, and looked at several of their pages, but could not locate a date. Their schedule states: "Thursday, Friday", etc., but no month or date.

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Silver State Classic Challenge
September 13-16, 2007
Nevada Highway 318

Tim,

Silver State dates are listed above. Should be a blast as it is the 20th anniversary of the event.

use WWW.SSCC.US

Larry

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i will be racing my viper at this event again this year.

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Fred,
We're planning on leaving the GT home this time & try the C6 just for laughs.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Larry, is that C6 a Z06? what class are you gonna run in?

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
interesting. ... considering it ....

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Fred, No it's a Z51 car set up for the 150 class.

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Larry my friend,

See you in a few weeks..... Say hello to Peggy for me.

Richard Hille
White GT #916

Rob Ferretti

May 2, 2006
NYC area
I will be out with 5 or 6 cars from NY. 1 being the infamous 0-200mph in 15 seconds TT Ford GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
Just booked the flight. We will be running a lightning truck in the 150 class. Looking forward to saying slow down, we have too much in the bank again.

Steve

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Anyone coming to the Silver State, come look me up. I'll be there running my 1996 Camaro Unlimited car. Car number 198.

Richard Hille
2005 Ford GT #916
Mercedes E55 AMG
1996 Camaro (216.9 mph so far)
1998 Mustang SVT Cobra (Vortech Supercharged)
1967 Mustang Trans Am Replica
1960 Ford Ranch Wagon (Built for the 1997 Hot Rod Power Tour)

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
Silver State

OK, so I am a little late on this one. Better late than never, I am in for the run next week.

This has put a rush on my upgrading of the GT. I am working on the harness hardware, I want to use my racing harnes from the Porsche. I plan to put an exhaust, pully and tune on the car. I also want to put the adjustable shocks on to allow the car to be lower. An alignment job and go give it a shot.

I will see you there with the Red #???. :banana:banana:banana

I plan on runing the course several times on Friday with my navigator, Norm. It appears that there will be some spare time to do so. Any one want to make a run or two?

Jim "Big Dog" Foxx

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
my car # is 488 this year. last year i had to settle for # 377 :lol

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
What class are you allowed to run if it is your first time here?

Assume a fairly stock GT with Belts and Fire Ext only

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
I am running in the 150 class. I had to submit my competition licenses from SCCA and NASA. They are good with the strength of the GT roof structure so I put in my 6 point restraints and a fire extinguisher and called it good.:biggrin

Let you know how it goes:cheers

Jim

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Well guys,

I expected to see quite a few GTs at this Silver State but all I saw was one red with white stripes. I ran my 1996 Camaro in the Unlimited class and won with an average speed of 198.54 MPH. As far as I can tell from the old records that's the third highest average speed in history (for a full length run, Derek Eastly only ran the first 60 miles - before the infamous Narrows when he averaged 201). Well, next year, with a few more ponies, I hope to give the all time record a shot.

I'll see some of you at our Ford GT Only Driver's school at Willow Springs on October 9th. I'mm really looking forward to that.

Richard Hille
2005 GT, White Blue Stripes

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Congrats! Yoy get Bony's Giant Balls Award!! Great show!!

Rob Ferretti

May 2, 2006
NYC area
I was there with my corvette (big wing, student driver sticker), but rookie rules limited me to the threat of being banned from the event and the 110 mph class.

I spoke briefly to the FGT owner there, My car got crashed by a renter a few weeks before the classic so it was unable to make the trip. Oh well time for the GTX1:banana

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I was there with my corvette (big wing, student driver sticker), but rookie rules limited me to the threat of being banned from the event and the 110 mph class.

I spoke briefly to the FGT owner there, My car got crashed by a renter a few weeks before the classic so it was unable to make the trip. Oh well time for the GTX1:banana

it was nice to meet you. we met at the shootout on saturday. i see that your car did very well in the shootout. i ran the 150 mph class again in my viper. like you i only got 1 run in at the shootout before the evo wrecked. unfortunately my g-force trans is a peice of sh*t and i missed my 5th gear shift. i was doin 140 mph at the half mile when i went for 5th and it cost me 5 mph at the 1 mile mark. i will be back next year in my ford GT. i am already stock piling parts and i will mod it this winter.