Signing of Gt's

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Just curious y'all (you guys). If I ever have the chance like some of you at the Ford HQ had......where is the best place to have someone sign the car? Also, what should they use to sign it to best preserve the signature? Thanks.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I did mine on the support in the engine compartment - not the top one that is next to the glass, but the next one below. That way you can still see it but it not as obtrusive.

Permanent black marker. Clear coated after (don't put on too much the first time so signatures run). Krylon non gloss - guaranteed by them not to yellow (so what if it does, they replace the car?)

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Across the two support members in the engine compartment (you can remove them to clear coat)- Kryloned.......

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
re Krylon or any other paint. some of these paints that are fast drying have solvents in them that will actually eat other types of paint. For example lacquer-style paint will eat right through enamel paint. So be careful or test it first in a spot no one can see; or better yet let someone else try it first! :thumbsup

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
It was done on my car two days after Detroit. BTW - DBK talked to Camilo who did the same on his GT for Shelb's sig and actually recomended the Krylon...

Oh well - if it screws up two yr's from now - I'll post a new thread..... :biggrin

rgates

GT Owner
Jul 1, 2006
I saw Alex Borla's GT today, I think everybody and anybody that ever had anything to do with the ford Gt's
signed the underside of the front hood with a silver Sharpie.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
On top of the two support cross members in the engine bay.
Can see them through the rear window.
Gets lots of comments/questions when parked.
Clear Krylon seems to work well at protecting.

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
good to know. Thanks guys. Now I just have to find a way to get back there next Summer for the 2007 big party

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What big party? You need to realize, this was a once in a lifetime situation and event. Never will all these same people be together in one place again. I doubt any of us will ever see Edsel do it again. The workers are being scattered to the wind. Don't count on this. Now, if you want signatures, I'll sell you my struts for $80K a piece.

SVTregistry

Jan 16, 2006
NYC
fjpikul said:
What big party? You need to realize, this was a once in a lifetime situation and event. Never will all these same people be together in one place again. I doubt any of us will ever see Edsel do it again. The workers are being scattered to the wind. Don't count on this. Now, if you want signatures, I'll sell you my struts for $80K a piece.
Never say never... I'm sure there will be more meets, smaller and larger, this community is still growing!

--Russ