Not open for further replies.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
ROCMAN said:
On a track, I think a Stradale will hand the GT it's ass, so saying Ferraris are slow is not exactly accurate.

You be wrong homie(dbk pulls out handy january 2004 C&D). Head to head at the relatively small, slow, twisty Gingerman Raceway Ford GT turns 1:32:13, Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale turns 1:34:19 (996 GT3 goes 1:34:15). The highest speed the GT turns is 118 mph(pretty evident it's a relatively tight track), 360 CS manages 109 mph. Ferrari is fastest through tightest corners, cars are equal in moderate turns, Ford has crushing exit speed advantage in sweeping turn... MWUAHAHAHA.

This was the test that made me say "ok, I have to have one of these". I can only assume the gap will be much larger at a bigger track where the cars can stretch their proverbial legs. I'm sure the 360 CS is a more fun, more "giant go kart-esque" track car though, even if it is slower.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
SLF360 said:
Cyclenerd,

no buddy, not in the streetcar, but in the full out 430 Challenge Racecar, the one with P zero slicks and centerlock wheels, the full telemetry and digital display, and only one seat left to the fire extinguisher :willy and no dooropeners.. :biggrin :biggrin. The one that is NOT allowed on the road, buddy.....

The cool thing is on the telemetry you see everything. Can't hide. They see when you lift what foot off to what degree, what individual wheel speed is at any point of time, when you shift, you can overlay your various laps and all the other cool stuff.. I am always amazed, and if you are not concentrated could even be an embarrassment. :eek

With the slicks at first it is a mindf**k. You go into the curve, completely convinced you fly off half way around. Glued to the track, real G-force..

I'll post some pics next week. :banana

Stefan

What an experience! I have been in a race prepped vette with slicks...but I am fairly new to this, so not as able to take advantage of the car as much as a more experienced driver could. Please post pics!! last time I was at VIR, someone had a 360 Challenge (again not the CS but the racecar) and it was sweet!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
DBK said:
You be wrong homie(dbk pulls out handy january 2004 C&D). Head to head at the relatively small, slow, twisty Gingerman Raceway Ford GT turns 1:32:13, Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale turns 1:34:19 (996 GT3 goes 1:34:15). The highest speed the GT turns is 118 mph(pretty evident it's a relatively tight track), 360 CS manages 109 mph. Ferrari is fastest through tightest corners, cars are equal in moderate turns, Ford has crushing exit speed advantage in sweeping turn... MWUAHAHAHA.

This was the test that made me say "ok, I have to have one of these". I can only assume the gap will be much larger at a bigger track where the cars can stretch their proverbial legs. I'm sure the 360 CS is a more fun, more "giant go kart-esque" track car though, even if it is slower.
OK, OK. But the GT was a ringer!! :lol :banana :willy

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Now you are pushing it, Dave !

DBK said:
Dave buddy,

stay real here! No way would you ever be thinking of getting a CS once the GT was out and dare park it ever on daddy's driveway... You have FORD in your genes, we all know that :biggrin !

I modded the setup of my CS. better steer-in, and curvespeed. You are right, it's a go cart big fun car. I wouldn't say it's 'slower'. It depends on the track. large track with fast curves and long straights, no way the CS will be able to keep up with the GT, that's true. But remember, we are looking in these 'tests' at single best lap times. If you go multiple laps like in a 'race' or trackday situation, the Gt suffers from it's brakes, while the CS stays rocksolid or gets even better the hotter the disks get. In e.g. Imola, the Cs would just slaughter the GT !

stefan

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Supramom's car need

What happened to Supranick ... Can't take a punch !?

Seems quick and loud in, as quick out...bummer :lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
SLF360 said:
But remember, we are looking in these 'tests' at single best lap times. If you go multiple laps like in a 'race' or trackday situation, the Gt suffers from it's brakes, while the CS stays rocksolid or gets even better the hotter the disks get. In e.g. Imola, the Cs would just slaughter the GT !
stefan
That is so true, like the saying goes "the car is only as fast as your brakes!" The GT is a very heavy car for a road racer and that will take its toll over many laps, each one adding heat to the rotors, pads and fluid making the brakes less effective every lap. The more power you add to the engine the faster the brake system heats up each lap. So for a long road race a 700 hp car maybe no faster than a car with stock HP.

Has anyone tried one of the brake upgrades?

BlackICE

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
SLF360 said:
What happened to Supranick ... Can't take a punch !?

Seems quick and loud in, as quick out...bummer :lol

Yoda: Why wish you become Jedi?
Luke: Well, mostly because of my father, I guess.
Yoda: Ahh, father. Powerful Jedi was he. Powerful Jedi.
Luke: How could you know my father? You don't even know who I am. Oh, I don't even know what I'm doing here! We're wasting our time!
Yoda: [Looking away from Luke] I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.
Obi-Wan: He will learn patience.
Yoda: Much anger in him... like his father.
Obi-Wan: Was I any different when you taught me?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
SLF360 said:
Dave buddy,

stay real here! No way would you ever be thinking of getting a CS once the GT was out and dare park it ever on daddy's driveway... You have FORD in your genes, we all know that :biggrin !

I modded the setup of my CS. better steer-in, and curvespeed. You are right, it's a go cart big fun car. I wouldn't say it's 'slower'. It depends on the track. large track with fast curves and long straights, no way the CS will be able to keep up with the GT, that's true. But remember, we are looking in these 'tests' at single best lap times. If you go multiple laps like in a 'race' or trackday situation, the Gt suffers from it's brakes, while the CS stays rocksolid or gets even better the hotter the disks get. In e.g. Imola, the Cs would just slaughter the GT !

stefan
And the truth....shall set you freeeeee. :biggrin :rofl

dorkymom3

Aug 5, 2006
Clinton Twp, Mi
Hahaha.....

supranick750hp said:
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post. I tried asking asking members off of 6speedonline.com the same question iam about to ask and i got very rude comments and had to delete my post.please dont respond if you are going to make fun of me for letting my mom by an exotic or that i cant write a proper thread.My mom is a 53 rear old lady who is interested in buying a new car. She allready owns a 02 porsche 911 turbo that has a little work done to it.It is a great car and she loves it,but it is time for an exotic .We would like to spend around 175k,so that leaves very few options in the exotic market.We dont want a new 997 porsche turbo,used ferrari 360 modena,lambo gallardo,m5,m6,or aston martin.That is when i told her that maybe a ford gt would be good.She can drive the hell out of her porsche now,but do you think the ford gt would be to much.She was able to drive my toyota supra that put down 800-900 hp.We went down today to look at one and she really liked it.there was a brand new heritige and tungstine gray,but she liked the blue and orange gulf colors more.I found a dealership that would let her test drive it on saturday but i would assume that it will be a very short test drive,so she wont be able to see what she is getting herself into.She doesnt street race or anything but likes to open it up sometimes,and would like to take the skip barber race school or something that could teach her how to drive properly.Also my butthead brother-in-law purchased a 03 porsche 911 turbo with the x50 package that add's about 50 more hp , raced her for a gear or two,and beat her pretty bad.I dont condone my mom racing,but it was family and it was really quick with nobody around.We please excuse me if i didnt use proper grammar and thank you for the help and comments.

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I probably built it.....

Oct 22, 2006
Ok were do i start.This is going out to SLF360 and to his followers.I have been a member of supraforums.com for a while and have never had a problem on there,then i get on a forum like this and run into people like you.You are cocky,arrogant and the people on here that kiss your ass,i think your all idiot's.The reason why the members of the supraforums are so cool is because our Supra's speak for themselves.It seems to me that you have to buy your gay 360,"convertible", modena's because there is something that you are lacking in your pants and iam not talking about your wallet.You have a chip on your shoulder because you cant get any attention anywhere you go, so you have to buy an extension of your pennis.I knew you fell into the type of person i was talking about that drive those cars.Ferrari has a great history but gets tarnished by people like you.It is so easy for you to come on here and bash someone that is trying to ask an honest question and is not trying to act like they know it all.Did that hit a nerve when i said NO to 360's.Let me see,you are going to respond and talk shit about me,mom,dad and why he isnt there,supra's,japanese imports,blablabla. Myself and my mother can afford just about any car out there but we choose certain cars because of the way they make you feel and how they drive.You on the other hand do it because you want people,woman in general,to think you have money and are cool.Before i sold my Supra 8 months ago,i would go on PCH in california and prey on people like you.This is how it usually went.I would pull up to gay 360's,gallardo's,murci's,etc and try to see what they got. They would usually have a good looking bitch in there only interested in your money and would clown on the supra. I would try to race and would for most of the time get a remark like, you wont stand a chance or common ricer this is a f e r r a r i.But then you get guy's like you that think that 360's are the shit and try to race a supra and get your ass handed to you.i love making examples of people like you.It seems to me that you guy's do this to the viper,skyline,zo6,evo,sti,etc crowd as well. Iam sorry to tell you that your 360's will never stand a chance with a lightly modded viper.I think its a money thing and you guy's think just because you spent more money on your car it makes you a better person and your car can perform better.But the easiest way to sum it up is that owning a ferrari comes with a personality and arrogance that most people hate and auto manafacturers build cars for us under 100k that can be modded very easily to beet you people up.I see a similarity between you guy's and what happened many year's ago with ferrari and ford that birthed the GT40.If any of you guy's have a problem with me and are in the newport beach area, iam free to meet up and settle a difference.Iam not a KEYBOARD warrior like SLF360 and can settle a difference in person.If you would like to settle a difference with your 360's or stradale's and a supra,i have many friends that would show up for the cause and film as ass kicking.no screw that,i will will personally go and by another supra just to meet up with you,kick your ass with it and sell it the next day.let me guess,your responce will be,lets go to a track were there are corners and not just straight aways,shit lets do that too.That is the beauty of the supra,it can go fast,0-60,1/4 mile,flat out highway runs,track racing, and not break your bank account.Lastly,talk your shit that i cant afford a ferrari,iam not going to get in an argumant about who's bank account is bigger,iam not trash like you, never rule out someone that drives a toyota,you dont know if he is rich or poor,just look at shiek's in brunei and dubai and see what there weapon's of choice are.I will await your responce.hey does SLF360 stand for SLOW LOSING FERRARI 360.Hahahahaha your a goon.By the way my license plate on the big supra was UGTSRVD,and could almost guarantee your's was something gay like STALION, HOTITLN, or i would of suggested IAMGAY with a raibow border for you.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Supranick,
Wow man. You have taken this all out of context. Everyone jokes around here. All on this forum come from a variety of backgrounds, ages, races, etc. Re-read the threads...it should be obvious that you are welcome here. I am sure that you could blow me away in your Supra (but my bicycle would be a different story! Ha). There is lots of useful information here. My advice...don't take it personally!! Please feel free to email me anytime about questions regarding the GT...If I don't know, then I will try to find out for you!
Sorry for the misunderstandings.
Scott

Oct 22, 2006
There you go finally a cool person.SLF360 should should take note of this guy.this is how people on supraforums help out.Thank you for your response.My mom is set on buyng it now.All i have to do is find a fully optioned tungsten gray for her at a good price.http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=38485#

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Wow! That was a mouthful.
I think these word exchanges should be done via PM, and not broadcast on a public forum. These arguments do not contribute to the forum.
One thing I don't agree with is that you state the supra is an underdog. I dont think anyone thinks that. The supra has probably one of the best straight 6 motors of all time. Not too many blocks made can handle that kind of power. I have no doubt a modded supra will beat almost anything Ferrari has to offer, but that means little. You can mod a civic to beat a modena pretty easy, but that does not make it better. Cars mean different things to different people. Like I said, I do not own one, and have no immediate plans on getting one, but Ferrari's do serve their purpose.
Most sub 10 second supras are drag cars that can not handle worth a damn on a track, so lumping them in with supras that are setup for track use is not being accurate. The suspension setup, tires, etc, are all completely different. They are usually purpose built.
I personally like supras, and was considering buying this one. This bad boy has over 1300 HP! :biggrin
003.jpg

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Wow Supranick.

No one hates the Supra. It is a legend. Looks good, goes fast, tons of power, nice interior. I used to dream about owning one, but could never afford one. I don't think people even talk bad about the Supra.

I actually don't think anyone was really talking about the Supra here much.

After all, it is primarily a Ford GT forum.

Just a bunch of enthusiasts here. Enjoy the forum. It's a fun place.

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Mom's Car

Dear Nick - you're a man of too many words. Way too many.

To the best of my knowledge the GT Forum folks are just a bunch of Car Gals & Guys. They are into any thing that has motion - whether it be horsepower, thrust or pedal power. On the ground, over the water and in the air.

I want to compliment you for assisting your Mom in this endeavor. I wish mine was still on this earth and I could help her pick out a Supercar. There are lots of choices to consider. You've covered the bases from your earlier posts.

My thoughts on this are : the GT is The One.

Great style, great performance = The American Dream.

I approve of your Mom's choice of getting a Tungsten. While all Ford GT's are beautiful, Tungsten accents the car best. Not that I am biased just because I have a Tungsten GT.

When Mom gets her GT, you'll have to borrow it once in a while. But I imagine that once she gets her GT, you'll have to make an apopintment to see your Mom or her car. She'll be not be home too much, because the more time she spends in her GT, the more it'll be out of the garage and down the road.

Enjoy the ride.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
supranick750hp said:
Ok were do i start...

Grammar school. Holy **** dude, before I'd even launch into the reasons why I'm locking this, I'm gonna tell you I'm not even going to attempt to mentally process that block of words.

Status
Not open for further replies.