short shifters

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Anyone know who currently has any Ford short shifters? I've tried a bunch of places.

I'm hoping to do it the same time as my Mac relocation in the next 2 weeks or so (when my car arrives :) !!!)

Thanks !

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
We had some of the last few but I don't know of any in existence right now. Hey why don't you wait and enjoy the car first before you make mass plans to modify it.

I am probably the last person who should be giving you that advice though ha ! :wink

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I know it sounds premature, not having even received the car yet (it's shipping from west coast), but I wanted to relocate the 'ugly' Mac ASAP. I figured, after speaking with Shadowman (a great help by the way), that if I was ever going to do the short shifter, might as well do it the same time.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
That is true. I haven't seen the subwoofer in my car since I bought and its never been moved :biggrin

The sound of the turbos spooling up and down for me is priceless.

You local in NEFL ?

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
I just went to my local FRPP speed shop and ordered a shifter. Two weeks later I picked it up (last saturday). No problem there.

bb

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Jack from MP said he had 2 left a week ago.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I believe Jack and MMP are all out now.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I already found one - on it's way. Thanks.
I'm hoping to "attempt" the install when I do the Mac relocation in 2 weeks or so.

MRFMAN

GT Owner
May 12, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
is the short shifter worth the effort/cost?

Now that you have the short shifter installed, does it make a major difference in driving quality/enjoyment? Would you recommend it?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
It's worth it big time !

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
It's worth it big time !
+1

oceanside gt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
For anyone interested, Mossy Ford in the Pacific Beach area of San Diego as of today has four short throw shifters in stock. They also have a GT tech who put one on my GT a few months ago. The GT contact at Mossy is Carlos Velasco 858-518-2461.