short shifter install - DFW area

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
You guys know of anyone that has experience working on a GT that I could trust to do this? I was thinking a performance shop could handle it but it would be better if someone that has taken the console apart before could do it. The shifter doesnt come with instructions on the removal of the console, etc.

thanks

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
DIY. It doesn't get more rudimentary than this!

Dino

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2006
Queens, NY
Check when the GT Guys are swinging through your town.

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
I purchased this GT parts service manual on Ebay. It has step by step instructions with illustrations/pictures on how to do most things. I can't say for sure if it explains how to remove the center console as I do not have the DVD in front of me.

The information on this DVD is great for us DIY'ers. Everything from changing oil to removing supercharger to working on suspension.

http://cgi.ebay.com/05-06-FORD-GT-P...rms=39:3|66:4|65:1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

Juan Cooldude

GT Owner
Jul 1, 2008
DIY - Took me 2 hours taking my time.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6203

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Kumar, it's an easy enough job. Have lots of blue tape ready. Should probably do the iPod connection if you'll have the center console off. Use the metal bushings, not rubber. Pulling off the e-brake surround seemed almost brutal to me. Take all jewelry off, be careful of zippers.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I need to redo mine. Bankston didn't put it back together correctly. You are welcome to come by my house and make a Saturday project out of this. We can do them both at the same time. :cheers

Juan Cooldude

GT Owner
Jul 1, 2008
Hmm...get together to compare each other's short shift kit?

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I need to redo mine. Bankston didn't put it back together correctly. You are welcome to come by my house and make a Saturday project out of this. We can do them both at the same time. :cheers

Hey bud, thanks for the offer. I might have to take you up on that.

But I suck at working on cars and I have zero patience so keep me away from yours if I come over.

Last edited: